1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food SNACK

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Aug 26, 2011.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I have been making these for a while now, they go great with "adult beverages".
    Start with 4 Whole Wheat Pitas, trim around the outside, cut in half (I use a pizza cutter), then cut into pie slices about 8. Lay out the pieces on a rimmed tray... mix olive oil 2 crushed garlic pieces and some Herbs de Provence, and I use some Parmesan cheese a little salt and pepper mix it up well, use a brush to spread it on the pitas, bake at 400 for about 5-6 minutes....

• Like Like x 1
  2. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

mmmm, sounds tasty and simple. Thanks. Will try with beer since I have no good wine on hand. The pitas I have are white but I think they'll be fine. I might add thin strips of roasted red pepper and maybe even an anchovy.

3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Works well with regular pita also, no more than 5 minutes or they get really "toasty" (crisp burnt)

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

You can try the same thing with lavash--I buy lavash at Trader Joe's before parties to make my own crackers.

5. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

This will be a starter, next time I cook your fried spaghetti.

I may go a lot heavier on the garlic.

Thank you :)

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Sounds pretty good, and you could get creative with the cheese too. Might have to try this.

7. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

sounds yummy