1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

so over it

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Dec 23, 2017.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

long story short, my wife's grandmother is now living with us.

backstory, she cant stay in one place. since I have known her she has moved about 12 times. she just cant stay in one place and be happy. meaning that she has even had a place in a retirement home and hated it cause there were too many black people there. and all it cost her was 25% of her total social security. she finds reasons to move about 8 months or so after she finds a new place. her son lives in Florida with his wife who is younger than me and his 3 kids. ( he has an ex wife and a daughter that is my age who will have nothing to do with him) she has styed with him a few times but he just uses her as a babysitter and they cant get along at all. go figure. so she has been constantly back and forth from ga to fl. her drivers license has had my address on it for the last 20 years.

she has stayed at my house from time to time normally for a month or so then she would move on to some where else. and after that month im so fucking ready for her to go, as is my daughter.

she is 80 years old. her job used to be a caregiver up until thanksgiving. how would you feel if you hired a caregiver to take care of your family member and the caregiver is older than said family member. and has to help the caregiver take her bags in the house.....

she had a hip replacement two days before thanksgiving, and then went to rehab. then the hospital then back to rehab then back to the hospital then back to rehab, then back to the hospital now to my house. after her hip replacement she is one of those patients that you cant please. its always something. she's just a complainer. lol. while she was in rehab she got a bed sore on her heel and wouldn't do what the people told her to do to make it heal, so you can imagine where that went. she has to have help doing EVERY FUCKING THING. her first day I had to help her in the bathroom, it was ok, until she got all mad cause she needed help.

with all that said she's a fucking inconvenience to my entire family. when she is there me and Christy are just at each other all the time. and my daughter hates it cause she don't do shit but sit in a chair. if we need to talk about something we have to go in my bedroom so grandma don't ask a million questions. so yes I spend every waking minute of the day at work that I can. is that fair to my wife and daughter? no.... but I cant stand her. I feel like a stranger in my own house. and to top it all off she has physical therapy and a home health care nurse that will come 4 times a week for the next 8-12 weeks. so apparently grandma will be at my house for the next 8-12 weeks....

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Well damn dude.

3. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I have the solution to your problem.

Step 1: Install one of these:

Step 2: Profit!

;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ralphie250

I wish.....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

5. cynthetiq

6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

• Like Like x 1
  7. ralphie250

Those are awesome. But like last night take for instance my wife and I decided we were going to have chicken wings for dinner I got home from work about 7:30. Grandma was still in the living room my wife had text me and told me we are not eating chicken wings until she goes to bed. Why is that I don't know I really don't care but you know how it is you try to make your significant other happy so Grandma finally went to bed about 9:30 I went and got chicken wings it was 10:30 before we ate dinner. I mean really. I get up this morning take the dogs outside I'm outside smoking and drinking a cup of coffee and go back in the house and grandma is in the living room watching CNN and Fox News that is all she watches. Looks at me and says can you make me some breakfast I wanted to look at her and tell her no you can make it your damn self but what did I do I was the nice guy and made her breakfast but it was only cereal but still I can't even have my quiet time in the mornings anymore

8. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I think in this situation you have 2 choices.
    You can tell her no, and give a reason why.
    Or you can do it, and try to have it be a positive experience.
    But doing it and having it make you angry/unhappy is not a healthy thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ralphie250

You are correct, it's just a loose loose situation. If I tell her no then I have to listen to it and that just makes everything worse. If I just suck it up and do it then that just makes things crappie also. Like today I got up and went and did a little Christmas shopping at the last minute yeah go figure that was stupid on my part LOL but I didn't have to be here. So I'm in a store and Grandma text me and asked her if I could bring her some kind of salad from Wendy's while I was out. And then she text and said thank you I read the message put my phone back in my pocket and continued my shopping. About 45 minutes later my wife calls and wants to know how long is going to be before I'm going to be home I asked her why and she said because grandma keeps asking me if you are going to bring her lunch home. I said okay. And then my wife proceeded to tell me that before Grandma texted me and asked me to do it she had been on my wife for 30 minutes to go for her on my wife was here trying to clean house because we are having company over tomorrow. So my wife tells her well text Chris and ask him if he will when he comes home. I said so what is the problem my wife tells me it's because you did not answer her and say yes or no and she is sitting here hungry and wants to know when you're going to be here. And the whole time my wife and I an attitude with each other so I told my wife fine I was walking out of the store and told my wife I will stop everything I'm doing and bring her her Wendy's. So that's what I did I left the store went to Wendy's which was about 12 miles away from where I was got her some lunch come home set it down on the table and told her that her lunch was here. I turned around and left again to finish what I was doing. That's just the kind of shit.
    So basically she bugs my wife about it and my wife tells her to ask Chris to do it while I'm out and then apparently I am not home quick enough for her. And yes go figure on Christmas Eve my wife and I are having an attitude with each other because of the whole situation. I will be so glad when Tuesday gets here so I can go back to work

10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry, ralphie.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I sympathize with you, Chris. I only wish that I could offer a positive solution.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Sounds like you have a bit of passive-aggressive going on ...and conflict of interest.
    If I'm reading your stories right.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...

• Like Like x 1
  13. ralphie250

your right

14. ralphie250

on sunday evening we (me, my wife, and my daughter) went to a Christmas party. we left the house at about 5 and grandma called my wife at 715 and asked "what do I have to do to get some food around here?" needless to say my wife was livid. and this after she told her we were leaving at 5.............
    yesterday (Christmas day) was just fucking horrible. she was all needy everytime we were playing a game with my daughter or she wasn't getting any attention. and that was just one of the things. I mean FUCK.........

15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Living with my relatives horrifies me.
    So sorry my southern friend: :):)(
    I feel bad for you!

16. ralphie250

I got home last night from work about 730, my wife had told me she had to stop and get grandma some food on her way home. my wife got home about 645 so there was no point in getting me anything cause it would have been cold when I got home. I walked in the door and first thing out of grandmas mouth was "why are you so late? Christy didn't get you anything cause your late" ......................I mean wtf...... needless to say she didn't go to bed til 10 something, I spend the rest of the evening downstairs in my basement watching tv

who gives a fuck what time I get home?
    little did she know I ate before I left work, fuck that bitch

17. ralphie250

and now my wife text me and said

"T is making chicken and dumplings from scratch for dinner for us tonight. she is gone to the store right now. she said that she would be here (my house) in about an hour and start making it, so she will be here when you get home."

I don't like chicken and dumplings and neither does my wife. I mean there ok but not on my dinner list. and wtf... somebody coming to my god damn house and making dinner in my mother fucking kitchen. I mean she didn't even ask, she just stated what was happening. needless to say my wife is pissed, as well as I am.
    my daughter is staying at memes (my moms) for a few days cause she just don't want to be at home either. im considering sleeping on my tool box at work, (yes its big enough)but that's just not fair to my wife.
    Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. either we are miserable or theres way too many hurt feelings by grandma.............

18. ralphie250

shit just keeps getting worse..... needless to say I want to come to work monday

19. cynthetiq

I'm so over it too. I can't wait for her to go to work.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ralphie250

so... we come home from a Nye party sunday night and apparently my daughter was being too loud and woke grandma up. she poked her head out of the door and asked us to be a little quitter....wtf. its my god damn house.

I was watching the Georgia game yesterday and screaming and yelling at the tv, and my wife looked at me and asked me to hold it down cause grandma was sleeping...... I looked at her and yelled even louder. wtfffff