1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sports wagering/avatar bet thread....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

On another board it is quite common for members to place "avatar bets" on sporting events. My team wins? I pick your avatar for a set amount of time. Your team wins? You pick my avatar for a set amount of time. Usually the avatars selected are meant to torment or shame the person's rooting interest. Maybe a pick of someone from the opposing team holding up a championship trophy, maybe a gif/pic/meme that is derogatory against their favorite team or player. Never anything NWS, never anything directly poking fun at that person as an individual. But always something attempting to shame or torment them. :p

So, I thought I would see if anyone here was interested. If so, we could use this thread to challenge each other.

Since we have a couple of awful ( ;) ) Beaver fans here, and this week is the Civil War, I thought I would challenge both @ZombieSquirrel and @snowy to avatar bets. Since Oregon is heavily favored, I offer 2 weeks of my avatar against 1 week of theirs. If Oregon State wins, they each get to pick my avatar for two weeks (whoever responds first gets the first two weeks, the other gets the second two weeks). If Oregon wins, I get to select an avatar for them for one week.

Yea or nay?

Feel free to post up your avatar bets in the future. Maybe @grumpyoldman has a Lions bet, or @Chris Noyb has a Texans bet, anyone is welcome to play.

• Like Like x 2
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Sorry, I don't gamble with the kami. The guy in my avatar is a god of calamity...Not something I want to mess with.

3. Borla

ftfy

:p

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Well, what's the point if I'm not optimistic about my team's chances? I'm not scared. I'm pessimistic. There's a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Sorry, but my KAOS avatar is sacred.

Also I might have to use something pro-dallas cowgirls. NFW!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I'm game....

7. Borla

I'd be in trouble if I did it for NFL games. My Bucs are chronically struggling anymore...

8. Depends on the sport, I know nothing about US football, baseball, hockey. If you wanna go on rugby or footy I'm down.

9. ralphie250

um, what the hell of footy?
    --- merged: Dec 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM ---
    that is sating it nicely, kinda like my FFB team

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  10. I probably would have done this had I seen it in time. I just work for the Beavers. Had I worked for the Ducks, I probably would be a duck fan. I'm not that attached to my avatar. It's perfect, and I can always change it back.

I wish we would have challenged each other this weekend.

11. ralphie250

bringing this one back from the dead......

anyone interested??