1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Stalking and Harassment

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by genuinemommy, Sep 8, 2018.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Have you been stalked?
    Have you been sexually harassed?
    Are you male/female/other?
    Do you think that your gender has much to do with your experience?
    Has it ever happened in your workplace?
    With relatives?
    Former lovers?
    Have you ever stalked someone?

Share as much or as little as you like.
    #metoo

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah. I've been stalked. It was in junior high. I didn't know what it meant then. I went to the library regularly at the same time on the same day every week, and there was always this one guy from my class who was there and who would try to talk to me. He was never with his parents. I usually had a friend with me. It was kinda creepy. Then he started showing up other places... I told him I didn't like him and he stopped. He eventually moved. It was not a fun situation.

I have been sexually harassed. Mainly catcalls. It makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like it one bit. Thankfully I haven't ever felt terribly threatened by the people who were harassing me. I mainly was able to laugh it off.

Yes, I absolutely think that my gender has everything to do with this. I'm female. I dress like a librarian and i don't want to attract any sort of attention in this regard.

I have jokingly admitted that I stalked my husband for a few years. It was more like I noticed when he walked into a room and I decided I wanted to be his friend, but I couldn't figure out how to introduce myself. I didn't actively hunt him down, from what I recall. I don't think it was really stalking. Let's see, what is the definition of stalking, anyway? "Pursue or approach stealthily" .... another definition: "follows, harasses, and threatens..." well, that's definitely not the case.

Anyone else want to share their experiences with stalking and harassment? Keep in mind that this is in the "Life and Sexuality" board, so it's not particularly private here. If you'd rather share someplace more private... well, there's the blogs...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

ive never done it nor have I ever had it done to me. maybe cause im a guy? or fat? or a jack ass? who knows....

yes I feel that women are more likely to be harassed or stalked because they are a woman.

sometimes it seems like some women will flirt with a guy because they want the attention and when he flirts back it can be construed as sexual harassment, so there is a fine line there. but that's my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Have you been stalked?
    No, I don't think so.

Yes, though I didn't grasp what it was at the time. When I was 16 I worked at what was probably the nicest restaurant in town, the kind of place where couples would go for a romantic dinner without their kids. I became the "head busser" who would assign each busboy/busgirl their sections for the night and decide who went home early and who worked until close. Several of the servers would tip me extra out of their own money if I'd assign myself to their section, as they knew they'd make more in tips if I was their busser. Most of the servers were females, and most were in their late 20s or early/mid 30s. Though I was 16, I was physically pretty mature. I was 5'10" or 5'11" already and had muscles. I was one of those kids that had chest hair and had to shave by 8th grade. At least two of the female servers, one divorced and one in a frustrating 'dead bedroom' marriage, would do things that would now be considered to be predatory to me and one other bus boy. They'd grab our butts or crotches, make all kinds of lewd comments about what they'd do to us, even make a few suggestive comments that made it sound like they were serious if we'd allow it. If the same thing happened today they could/would probably be fired and arrested. Even then, if it had been a 34yr old man, in a position of authority at a place of employment, grabbing a 16yr old girl's crotch, or whispering in her ear very explicitly what he wanted to do to her, it'd definitely be grounds for criminal and civil consequences. But because of the difference in culture at the time the owner/manager of the restaurant (a female in her late 40s or early 50s who was also slightly flirtatious) knew it was going on and looked the other way.

Male

Absolutely. I was a good looking young man in a place largely run by older females. If it had been one of the male cooks doing the same thing to one of the female bussers he would've been run out of there, and rightly so.

Yes

With relatives?
    No

Former lovers?
    No

Does riding my bike, in my early teens, by a girl's house to see if she's outside so I can wave at her count? If not, then no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

LOL, no- I can't imagine anyone wasting their time doing that!

As much as I hate to admit it, yes- I did for a few years. She was a girl I dated 21 years ago (already mentioned her in a blog entry, for anyone who bothered to read it) and I looked for her once back in 2005 and found her wedding announcement from a few years back. After one almost-suicide attempt and a few months of grief counseling, I decided not to look for past loves anymore on the internet.

However...

Somewhere around 2012 or 2013 the girl in question popped up on FaceBook in one of those little windows that says, "Hey! You might know this person!" because we had a mutual friend. Her profile was fairly private and all her pics were of sports logos, but her husband freely plastered her likeness proudly all over his own page, bragging about how great she was. So, every few months I would glance at his page just to see her.

I stopped doing this last year, as something became increasingly obvious- she was not the person I knew all those years ago. Finally hit me, but I wondered: Who the hell IS this? We don't have any common interests anymore, and her physical appearance was starting to change from her constant drinking. (Most of the pics I saw of her had her holding a beer)

I guess I'm okay with it now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I need to preface this with an admission that from fifteen to eighteen (when I got married) I was a willful and aggressive hyper-sexual girl. By the time my marriage failed and my divorce came through I had hyper-sexual pretty well under control. Willful and aggressive still comes through at times, though. So, I've been on both sides of aggressive sexuality.:oops:
    Have you been stalked?
    A couple of times. One was this guy I knew in college. He was just everywhere I went, and to much so to be just a coincidence. And it seemed like he was always looking at me, but then looked away, would never make eye contact. Never anything threatening, just kind of creepy. Then there was my ex-husband. I'd see him parked in his car, just sitting there watching for me. And he would send me flowers and small gifts. He just wouldn't let go. He'd show up drunk at my little apartment in Emporia, crying and begging.
    Well, yes and no. I spent almost three years working the circuit as a stripper. I think that by its nature, the standards for what constitutes harassment in a titty bar have to be pretty loose. First of all, large quantities of alcohol were usually involved. The other dancers and I did things that were intended to tease, cause excitement, and sexual arousal. So if a patrons hand touched my butt while I was motorboating his face with my tits, or when putting a twenty dollar bill in my g-string, that's the nature of the gig. I was there of my own free will and had to take the bad along with the good. And the big cash tips. But I seldom felt disrespected. Was never really groped. Never had my pussy grabbed, ala Donald Trump.
    Female
    Yes.
    See above. Also, when I first started working in the pension fund office in Boston, my boss, the man that hired me, was always looking at my tits. Like he had iron eyes and my boobs were magnets. And trying to pretend that he wasn't. Some sexual innuendo word play, but I'll throw that stuff back and forth all day long. It never went beyond that. The relationship evolved into mentor - mentee. I continue to learn from him. I see him every year at the Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting in Omaha. He is a very smart cookie.

With relatives?
    I had a brief, short of intercourse, fling with a male second cousin. Looking back at that, I was probably the aggressor.
    Former lovers?
    I had a FWB relationship with a man in Chicago. I had an overnight AMTRAK layover and he would come to my hotel and we would... He came over one time very drunk, with a friend, wanting a threesome. No dice, baby, I don't do drunks. He was hard to get rid of, kept sending cards and flowers. fortunately, he was a thousand miles away.
    Instigated by my cousin Christina. Yes. Maybe. I don't know if it is stalking if the attentions are not unwelcome.:confused: A co-worker at a summer job. I was fifteen, he was... much older. He did spurn my attentions for about a month. I've written about him elsewhere on this board.