1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Steubenville-like crime ends in girls suicide and arrest of alleged assaulters.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Yahoo News interview: Lawyer for Audrie Pott’s family to press for homicide charges against 3 alleged attackers | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

What horrible stuff. Obviously crimes like rape and assault have occurred since basically the beginning of mankind, but the new wrinkle of social media adds a gruesome wrinkle. Now we often not only have the crime recorded more accurately, but in this case we have extra insight into the victim's final thoughts and acts.

I feel for you parents who are raising teenagers, and applaud those of you who are doing all you can to do so successfully. I was a good kid, but I still did lots of stupid stuff. I am so glad that it wasn't recorded forever on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or whatever else. There is a lot of extra complexity brought by the technology and social media available today.