1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Jobs resigns

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Wow, kind of shocked. Hope he beats it. Glad I don't own any Apple stock right at the moment, it seems to go up and down based on his situation.

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I suppose we could see this coming. I hope he's going to be okay and that he is just removing stress from his life and not planning for the end.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Well he staying on the board so that seems like a good sign.

4. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

I hope he's able to battle this cancer and continue enjoying life even though his resignation means his annual income will go down by one dollar.

5. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Tully got it right.. Stocks dropped down nearly 6% according to the article.

In the big scheme of things, a planned succession is better than a freak accident followed by a frantic shuffling. I think Jobs is stepping down while he's still functional enough to be around and help smooth the transition.

6. Charlatan

With the stock dropping, now is the time to buy.

It will rise again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

I think that's a testament to the corporate structure and culture he developed at Apple.

8. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

I'm no fan of the way Jobs leads Apple, but you have to give him credit for his vision and I certainly don't wish him personal ill. I hope he has many years ahead of him.

9. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm more of a fan of Jobs than Sculley lead Apple.

10. Charlatan

No shit cyn. While Jobs may be arrogant, egotistical, etc. He was also driven and visionary.

From what I've read, the things he did to make Apple recover from Sculley, were the things he wanted to implement in 1985 before he was ousted as CEO.

• Like Like x 1
  11. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

at the low low price of only 475$ per share!

12. Charlatan

It's down to $357... get out there!

13. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

/pats pockets frantically for change

14. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

15. Under Jobs, Apple has proven that a company doesn't have to be the cheapest to be successful. Put out a quality product, be innovative and the consumers will find a way to purchase what is sold.

16. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Apple will be fine. Jobs has been mostly out of the picture for 2 years now and they have continued to thrive. He has been successful in creating competent people under him who will be able to carry the company into the future. Now if they would just make nice with Adobe, the world will be a happy place.

17. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. DrSublime

DrSublime New Member

Goodbye apple.
    Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

19. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

ha!

nice one zombie!

Apple isn't going anywhere. They don't just make Iphones and just because Google bought Motorola doesn't mean anything..in fact I think that purchase will hurt Google in the long run. Apple still makes superior laptops and desktops and until someone matches them it isn't going to change. They will continue to innovate and will do so more than ever now with the stakes and pressure so high.