1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Stuart Smalley says:

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DamnitAll, Sep 8, 2011.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Noticing a trend of somewhat sucktastic days this week among the TFP faithful, and to counterbalance the TFP Pity Party going on in the next room, here's a chance to pat yourselves on the back.

What's making you feel good today?

I made a flyer for an event that I'm attempting to organize involving my employer and my favorite local advocacy organization. The organizing process has been frustrating—especially since this is the first time I've ever tried to do anything like this—but I'm totally psyched about how the flyer turned out. I'll open it up and gaze at it adoringly every time I need something to keep me going for another few hours.

You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it we like you. So have at it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I put the toilet set up, then down this morning. Yay, me.

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I made two minor jokes at work today and people actually chuckled.

That almost never happens. I am the funniest man in the world!

*flexes*

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I found a hidden chicken in my freezer that I forgot about.
    It's not a $20 bill found in my jacket pocket, but it felt good. Yay?

Edit: I guess I didn't really do anything, there. ^^

Ahh, I did spend the day with my nephew playing video games.
    I don't like hanging out with him, but I don't like to hurt his feelings.

5. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

1: I visited my mother - we had dinner and a nice evening.

2: She told a joke ... first one in years which made sense:
    Man had a pet parrot ... and a more obscene potty-mouth animal never walked the earth ... Yo! Biatch ... Polly wanna 'king Cracker! etc, etc
    Man had enough of that, and put the parrot in the fridge to 'cool off'.
    Man came back 1/2 hour later, and parrot came out - shaking, trembling with emotion - a changed bird "Good afternoon master, I have had time to review my transgressions and and will henceforth work off my shame with a lifetime of good behaviour"
    Man was amazed, and pleased.
    Parrot: Er .. a question, good Sir .. May I ask a question ...
    Man: Sure
    Parrot (points to a rock-solid frozen chicken and asks, tremblingly and querulously): What crime did she commit?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Innocentmiss

Innocentmiss Getting Tilted

My shoulders are sore.....makes me happy because I know its from fighting with the wind yesterday n I won the tug of war!!!! Yea!

7. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Funny you're mentioning this joke... I heard it told for the first time in church last Sunday.

(Yeah, I go to one of those churches.)
    --- merged: Sep 15, 2011 5:41 PM ---
    A baby jumping spider hitched a ride back to the office with me, so I went downstairs and put him outside. Hoping he does alright in his new digs.

8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi DamnitAll

My mother goes to a Roman Catholic church.
    I sing in an Anglican choir, where, I suppose the jokes are less about sin, guilt and punishment.
    Joke which gets told at my church twice a year: Two cows in a field. One goes 'Mooooo', the other goes, 'Well bugger me my goodness, THAT's just what I was going to say!'

But enough of that ...

It's celebration time, cos there's a baby spider saying to his new mates, "Miles and miles and miles and miles .... then this weird place - thought I was gonna die :eek: ... but ... carefully picked me up and brought me out here ... yeah, yeah, I know they might have just four limbs and can only walk on two, but they get a gold star in My book ... whatever a book is. And I can now live a life."

It's a good day :)

9. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I was so productive today—and this week, for that matter—that I left work a whopping thirty minutes early this afternoon.

Woo!

10. Vandalheart

Vandalheart New Member

The day turned out to be nice after all i mowed the lawn, washed the car and took the boys to lunch. Pretty productive day indeed :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

My pigs stayed where they belong for an entire week.
    No chases around the property after getting home from work.

12. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

More old thread resurrection.

I'm tickled to say that my favorite local bike shop has recruited me, unsolicited, to work part time for them this summer.

And I quote, "I think your enthusiasm, local riding knowledge, general weirdness, would all be a good fit." If that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is.

Bonus: if I hang around long enough, they can cut me a sweet deal on my next bike. Sold.

• Like Like x 8
  13. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Signed up for Warrior dash and made up a training schedule. Mother texted me and asked if I wanted pizza for dinner. I said no thanks (the joys of living at home post graduation).

Feeling good about myself for the first time in awhile.

It's the little things, kids.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I got a pat on my back for some marketing plans I put in place. Not by the douchebag interim dean...but still. It's nice to be appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  15. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Played golf yesterday, in less than great conditions. Played 2 shots better than my handicap and won my grade :)

My handicap is now 1 shot smaller :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. AtypicNic

AtypicNic Vertical

I work hard at my morning job. I got a pay raise from my morning job. I think. It's not a typo, I hope. And it was a dollar increase, not a 15 or 25 cent increase.

• Like Like x 2
  17. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I feel good about my ability to start class, take care of collecting some paperwork my mentor needed, and taking attendance--all before he even walked in the door.

18. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

I never thought a mint.com account would be useful until I opened one. And now I am so impressed! Everyone should get one!

Also, an ex from a while back called me and revealed that she is doing the worse for wear without me and the best thing I can think of right now is "WOOOOOHOOOOO!" Hell? me? Worth it!

19. PlaysWithPixels

PlaysWithPixels Getting Tilted

I heard about mint.com the other day.

I walked 2 miles after work and then went grocery shopping for healthy things like vegetables. Now I have to figure out what to do with a spaghetti squash.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

One of the few squashes that actually cooks best in the microwave... you picked an easy one :)