1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

techs on strike

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 4, 2017.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

• Like Like x 2
  2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I support it 100%.
    My dad has been a mechanic since he was 20. I can't imagine where we'd have been if he'd had access to a union that would have made sure we had health insurance, seen him more often during the week, and had him get paid for overtime. Everyone is look at the "guaranteed raises of 5% over the next few years." But what they're missing is the astronomical cost of the health insurance plans being offered if you have a family, unpaid overtime, and higher than 40 hour work weeks that are expected... Without compensation. I honk every time, and I pass 5 dealerships on the way to work every day. These guys work hard in the burbs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I'm for it.
    Things have gotten a lot worse and it's time for the worker to stand up.
    For all the companies poor mouthing they are doing pretty well and need to share that with the people who make it possible.
    Union forever.

• Like Like x 2
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'm pro organized labor, so I'm for it. No one wants to strike. Striking is difficult but necessary when unfair labor practices hinder bargaining.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Just rolled out of the shop: all toolboxes into the Chicago rain. Apparently the Napleton management isn't happy about the strike.
    [​IMG]

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

That. Is. Bullshit.

Also, way to shoot yourself in the foot, shop owners! Ruin thousands of dollars of tools and hardware... Open yourself to a lawsuit for property damage.

• Like Like x 3