1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP free ebooks offer until Sunday March 18th

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by cynthetiq, Mar 17, 2012.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

A publisher approached me offering free ebooks to the TFP community. The following books are free from Amazon until March 18th. Unfortunately, these are kindle only books, this means you'll need to have a Kindle or access to Kindle reader on your device or PC.

Since I have an interest in this, I figured I'd pass this onto the rest of the community.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Hey, that's cool. Thanks.
    I do a lot of my reading from the free books list.
    There's great classics on there.

3. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Cyn: You are now my temporary best friend.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Fan-TAS-tic! Thanks, cynth!

5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Sadly I don't have a Kindle. Interestingly, it was the proprietary format stuff that made me choose a different device in the first place.

If they made it available in epub I'd be a happy man.

Also, let's everyone take a moment and remember that Project Gutenberg is and always will be free.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I really like manybooks.net: sleek browsing, reviews, recommendations, and way more available formats. It accesses the stuff on gutenberg.org from the 2003 DVD archive. It will create your preferred format on the fly. If I had an ebook reader, I'd be using that site.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scud

Scud Vertical

Now you all have planned the rest of my weekend for me... TFP 1/Productivity 0

8. cynthetiq

Here is a comment from the publisher. He is quite excited to be sharing with us and wanted to address those epub considerations.

:):):)

• Like Like x 2
  9. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I wasn't aware the the publisher was reading the responses here. Nor was I aware of NetGalley. I'll check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

The same titles are also free on Amazon.co.uk, if (like me) you are registered in a real country, rather than the USA. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. cynthetiq

That's great to know!

12. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I did not know about the PC version of the Kindle reader before but have it installed it now. Downloaded all of the titles above and will try to get to them as I make time to read books on the computer screen. They all sound interesting just from the descriptions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Fucking hell.

I want all those books. But I'm in Germany and my main computer in Afghanistan.

Make me an exception or something. :D

14. cynthetiq

You should be able to just order them and don't download them yet, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Hah! Just as I thought the issue got fixed, I log into my Amazon account and find Germans are excluded from the offer.

16. Nefir

Nefir New Member

Wow, that Germany thing is a bummer. Have you tried going the NetGalley route? Admittedly, not all their titles are there, but I'm pretty sure you can do this from anywhere in the world.