1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Things You Freeze

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by EventHorizon, Jan 13, 2012.

1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

when i was but a wee little larvae we had a strawberry patch in my back yard and in the summer i would pick a cup full of those tasty morsels, pick off the leafy parts, and then mash those motherfuckers into a puree so i could make strawberry ice-cube snacks. the strawberry patch has since died but i'll never remember the recipe: strawberries, sugar. how about it TFP, what are your favorite types of frozen foods? do you eat anything out of the ordinary that is frozen? (tofu, jerky, broccoli, soy-pops)?
    --- merged: Jan 13, 2012 5:19 AM ---
    i apoligize in advance for his obesity, and for the language. foreigners, please don't think that all americans are THAT fat... just most of us[​IMG]

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

OMG, I freeze everything. Beans, vegetables, freezer jam, herbs in ice, vegetables for stock, stock, buttermilk, egg whites, butter, whatever. I freeze it. I also urge you to think of pouring things into ice cube trays and freezing them: stock, coffee, buttermilk, etc.

Check out this link (courtesy of Baraka_Guru) for all the things you can freeze: http://stilltasty.com/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

grapes, yogurt, popsicles!

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I love potato chips or cheetos right out of the freezer. Try it! ;)

5. thetemplar

thetemplar Vertical

chocolate bars, Nutty Buddies, and cheese dips.

6. my ass when I shoveled snow this morning

What? Oh, never mind.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Water is amazing when you freeze it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Do body parts count? Oh wait.....I mean somebody must have planted those, never seen them before in my life.

9. Cheater New Member

I was thinking about my nuts when I'm out riding the motorcycle is subfreezing temperatures.

10. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Main thing in the freezer right now is some strawberries. Which is off limits to one of my daughters as she has an allergy to them.

11. Borla

Grapes or berries are great in the freezer, then used as ice cubes in vodka. ;)

12. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I don't drink much vodka but I like it best straight from the freezer.

13. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Candy. Reese's Cups, Kit Kats, just about anything that can get cold without becoming too hard to eat (e.g. a snickers bar, or anything with too much caramel in it). Chocolate and candy taste that much better when they're cold.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jerseyboy Vertical

I love frozen snickers. Sure they are a bitch to eat, but so yummy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Borla

Good call. I love frozen chocolate goodies.

16. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Kind of different but after peeling prawns (shrimp), I'll freeze the shells until bin day - man, these stink if you put the in the bin too early!

17. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

I used to do that with just about everything when I lived in Houston on a top floor apartment. Heat + leftover meat bits + humidity does not = good smelling garbage! I had a separate large plastic ziploc bag just for the leftover bits.

18. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

BLASPHEMY!

19. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Vodka and jager for sure

20. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Forgot to mention that i love frozen black licorice....