1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about nudism and health...

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Lindy, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Sig (my boyfriend) and I were pondering about nudism and its possible health benefits the other day. :)

We concluded that if every adult over the age of eighteen had to attend a nudist group one weekend a month. And go to a two week nudist summer camp, the the health effects would be more noticeable than any diet or formal exercise plan.

You know, kind of like being in the Army Reserves or National Guard.;)

What do others think?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I don’t know if attending would improve physical health

But over time I think it would improve the emotional health.

There’s too much repression, discomfort and disrespect about bodies

If you want increase physical health
    Then they’d have to include activities that people would need to participate in.

Just being nude in itself doesn’t help
    Unless you’re talking about sleeping, which studies have shown helps.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

On our trips we run into a lot of nudists. While I think some health benefits would be there, I can state being a nudist alone isn't going to lead to a physically healthy lifestyle for all.

I think it would help some for sure but even with external pressure, motivation is internal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

ill be honest with you, im not sure how nudisim can help health.
    i hate to be nude. im not comfortable in my fatness. but now that i say that i can see how it might help ones self esteem if they were willing to do it

5. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I think it can help self esteem and help motivate. If you know strangers are going to see you naked it can motivate to work on that.

But not all motivation is the same. Most nudists we know aren't in great shape. I'm not sure of the motivation for them really as we are somewhat exhibitionists but not nudists. For us its not about being nude but being seen nude.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ralphie250

its kinda like when i was in high school and played football....
    you had the guys that strut around with dick swinging, and you had some guys that wouldnt shower cause they were either ashamed or embarrassed.
    personally i think it boils down to the size of the tree.

yes i can see where it would make one want to work their motivation and or self esteem.

7. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I think this sort of insecurity gets less and less the older we get as men. I have seen nudist men who honestly I'm not sure if they have a penis because they are quite small and have a larger gut, you literally can't see it, but they seem to be having a great time regardless. One guy I can recall in particular was quite an extrovert but his penis was basically an "innie". I started going to things like nude beaches at a time I thought I was smaller than average. Turns out I was wrong as per the penis thread, but I wasn't feeling intimidated.

That being said there are obviously guys who go nudist just to show off their size, and guys that don't go nude for the same reasons.

The more I think about the OP idea, the more I wonder if the problem is I'm thinking of it from the current culture of non-nude so to speak. If once a month you spent a weekend nude in mixed company and two weeks nude in a camp. Nudity might become so passe that its sort of a non thing, but I honestly don't know. Imagine a society where *everyone* was nude unless required by environment to not be. Part of my thought is that we would be habituated to the point it didn't even register much, but clothing is pretty much the norm for all human societies, so maybe we can't ever be 100% comfortable with it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ralphie250

Okay well this is my next question and this is totally off subject from the original posters thing. How do you become so comfortable in your body that you are okay with it and you don't give a shit what other people think? Now on a regular everyday basis I'm the kind of person who speaks my mind and I have no filter and I do not care what anyone thinks of me because I know at the end of the day I have a family that loves me. But when you get me out of my comfort zone as far as whether it be nudity or no shirt or whatever I just totally clam up and yes it's because of my size and lack of my size. So how do you go about being comfortable?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

For me, I do give a shit still, and thats my motivation. I personally see guys who don't seem to care, I mean any gym locker room is full of them like this.....

[​IMG]

This is a gym universal, at least in the US. I see this sort of thing almost every time I go into mine. I'm sort of envious and yet horrified.

10 years ago I was obese and out of shape. It got there gradually for me, I denied it, thought I hid it well, thought BMI was bullshit etc. I'm pretty sure the old TFP forum had me railing on BMI and probably praising atkins at some point.

I was wrong.

So I did the harder thing in the short run but honestly the easier in the long run. I fixed it. I can actually fully remember the first time I had to take my shirt off in public and I was like "Dude you're good". I was taking my kids to an event and got caught in one of the worst down pours I've ever seen and the temperature dropped 30 degrees AND we were going into a stadium that was air conditioned for the previous temp. So I'm wet and freezing. I go to the bathroom full of guys all wet and freezing trying to dry off, and I take off my shirt to wring it out. Looked in the bathroom mirror and thought "not bad". I'm much better now and I generally enjoy it because I know I'm good. I'm also not some jacked muscle guy, lots of people assume I must be because I'm now confident. I'm a skinny Irish guy with only moderate muscle, but thats good enough for me.

So my take is, if a problem bothers you, fix it. You can, I saw your pictures. You aren't even small as you think you are. Hell if you lost the weight you would gain basically two inches right there. I wasn't as big as you are and I gained a full functional inch when I lost weight, that fat pad covers a lot.

You just have to want it more than the pain. The issue is that while that part is hard, AFTER is so fantastic that you won't ever want to go back. I'm better for the most part at almost 50 than I was at 35. I'm kicking myself because I sort of wasted all that time in my 30's. Better late than never.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ralphie250

having my shirt off isnt that bad sometimes. im just a big guy in general. my man boobs annoy me.
    when i was younger i was always in the weight room but i was playing football, then i got married and it turned to fat, not all of it but most of it. she got pregnant and i gained 60 pounds. i ate at fucked up times like she did. she had a bady and lost the weight i on the other hand didnt... lol
    being 38, i know i can make a change but its the the doing it..... lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

38 is when I decided to get serious. I figured easier in my 30's than 40's. 40's were coming either way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Boy, this went off on a tangent

Maybe we can all be nude to promote emotional health

Physically, a bit of sun all over would be good
    My pale ass could stand some color

If it’s outside, I’d certainly walk and get fresh air more

Perhaps being seen nude
    I’d exercise more

Maybe that’s what the OP meant

Hopefully, she can clarify

• Lovely Lovely x 1
  13. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

As a life long nudist I speak from years of experience. I do believe nudism makes for a healthy mind and attitude towards the beauty of the human body regardless of size or shape but I Don’t know if it would motivate some people to get in better shape or be any more healthy, only time would prove that premise. Being a nudist for me is all about the feeling of freedom from clothing. After being naked for a day it feels so unnatural to put on clothes. But that’s just my take on the subject.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I appreciate this perspective since I'm not a nudist, except at the beach or pool, there being nude makes sense to me as you can get actually DRY. I don't get a sense of freedom from not having clothes, in fact I kinda like the barrier not because of modesty, I have very little, but it just feels correct to have something between your soft flesh and the world. I do tend to sleep nude and I'll often have the "naked in public" dream where I'm desperately trying to cover up with something, and its again not even modesty in my dream, no one actually reacts to my nudity in them, but it just doesn't feel right.

• Like Like x 1