1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tilted Steampunk

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Lucifer, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

Seamaiden and I have been developing an interest in all things steampunk. I've always loved the style since way back before it even had a name, but now we are getting to the point of starting to create our own original works. I've disembowelled an old 30's radio of hers, which I plan on turning into a home server after steampunking the hell out of it. But I thought this would be a good place to share our steampunk finds and treasures.

Clothing: http://www.steampunkemporium.com

Books: http://steampunkbible.com/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

These are really cool! I'm sure I know some website for Steampunk in Britain. I'll have a look for it tomorrow :)

3. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

I've been considering getting a Mosin Nagant to see if I can steam punk it out and still make it operational. Could be a fun project.

4. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  5. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I'm actually familiar with that "Steampunk Emporium" link- a friend of mine ordered a pith helmet and false mustache from them, and I got one of those "Floyd Side-Button" shirts:

Click Here

A bit baggy on my wiry frame, but nice nonetheless.

6. raist

raist New Member

Steampunk is awesome, I have always wanted to get into it, just never had the time. I could spend alot of time just studying the amount detail that people put into their creations.
    That sundial is an amazing piece of art. I didnt get the scope of how large that piece is until going to the site and checking some more of the pics.

7. brandy

brandy New Member

wow that is so cool.

I came across a website once that ranked all the steampunk into its correct catagories. Most people just head towards the HG Wells look..but steam punk has strict rules to help you to find an exact theme and genre.. I must have a look to see if I can find that website again..

I went to a steam punk festival a few times..it was great fun..

But my fun steam is nothing compared to the project you are undertaking... I bow in respect at your plans..

I hope it works out

Kiss
    B

8. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

: perks up, looks at link :

/sweet!

9. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

See, I would contemplate ordering steampunk clothing over the internet, but I have such a weird frame (tall/skinny) that nothing ever fits. The legs are too short if the waist fits, and the waist is too big if the legs fit. God forbid I need to bend my arms without the cuff sliding half way up my forearm, otherwise if the arms fit they assume I'm 300 lbs. Maybe if I can find a good tailor... I'd really like a brown tweed or pinstripe suit with a bowler hat, monocle (legitimately, my left eye sucks far worse than my right), and cane. Already got a sweet pocket watch :)

10. MeltedMetalGlob

Steampunk Emporium's return policy is excellent- I ordered a shirt and it didn't fit- I had to order one size smaller and it was a painless procedure for me.

11. ace0spades

It's not a matter of returning it. It's a matter of them not having an option that fits me, due to my gangly body type. I'd have to order 1-2 sizes larger, then get it tailored. I'd much rather just get it tailored to begin with.

12. MeltedMetalGlob

I understand. :)

(I have a tendency to recommend vendors I like so they'll stay in business.)

13. ace0spades

Oh, I totally think I'm gonna get that orb pocket watch as a present! Thanks for the link :) They have a lot of cool stuff there... Also, maybe those leather gauntlets, those look pretty badass too.

14. wolf Evil Grin

Thank you for that link... that is very cool!

15. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Definitely a cool look....

16. MeltedMetalGlob

For the hell of it, here's another look at the side-button shirt:

[​IMG]

A bit baggier than I prefer, but I got a few compliments on it, so I'll keep it the way it is. The material feels comfortable, but does have a bit of a coarse look to it. It's NOT a dress shirt by any means.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  17. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

I was looking at that shirt. I'm not to big on the whole dressing steam punk thing, but that shirt is pretty damn awesome. I would wear it a lot.

18. DamnFinn

DamnFinn New Member

Got my girlfriend hook on Gail Carriger's books "The Parasol Protectorate" of steampunk novels.

19. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

nice links lucifer. i've seen a bunch of cool stuff on Etsy but this is really something else

20. cellophanedeity

cellophanedeity New Member