1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Seems that the Trumps have also misdirected charity funds to pay a Trump golf course for hosting charity events. And some of the money has gone to other charities that also use the same Trump golf course. Sounds like a kickback racket to me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. omega

omega Very Tilted

"Attorney General" Jeff "I'm not a racist" Sessions plans to perjure himself in front of Congress Tuesday. This won't matter because congress is republican led. The same august body that gives a pass for trump committing crimes in office because he is inexperienced, but gave obama "the community organizer turned president hell for being black. The audacity of hope you better run back to kenya, boy. Paraphrasing Jeff sessions in one of his more private moments huddled crying against the chest of Vladimir " manly bear chest" Putin.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia announcing that they will sue Donald Trump, alleging he has violated the Constitution by taking payments from foreign governments as president.

• Like Like x 1
  6. omega

omega Very Tilted

Freedom of speech.
    Freedom of religion.
    Freedom from want.
    Freedom from fear.

Trump understands none of this. Every action he has grunted or shat out has been in contradiction to the four freedoms, which were so ably articulated by Franklin D Roosevelt. I'm sure that none of this has to do with the fact that Trump makes fun of handicapped people and Roosevelt was wheelchair bound because of polio. Did I mention that Trump has publicly doubted vaccinations?

• Like Like x 6
  7. rogue49

AND 200+ Congressmen :D

All "D", of course...but still a nice kick to the shins

I don't know if he'll be impeached...but he may be punch-drink.
    The hits are coming from all sides...

8. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  9. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

He is still doing the damage that the far right wanted to get done, even if it is just petty and not in the best interest of America.

The big problem I see is if Pence takes over, or even if Trump can survive the investigations until the Summer of 2019, the 40% of anti-Democrat voters will still be the majority in the swing states and run a campaign similar to the Bush/Kerry 2004 race. Especially if the DNC runs someone who doesn't have name recognition, the economy is still doing well, and Trump is delivering victories for his base.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

• Like Like x 3
  12. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I nearly posted that one, but as I'm a newbie... refrained. lol. Bravo for posting it. :)

13. rogue49

This is getting just plain silly...
    Trump pressing for big meeting with Putin: report

Trump is like a terrible magician trying to deceive the audience with his magic but obviously revealing the hidden person that's part of his fumbling trick.
    Unfortunately, there's still a good part of his fans that love his fake flash, explosions and the fame of his name. :rolleyes:

"hey, he's still a 'good' magician, just look at the sparkles on his suit..."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

The "like" was for your writing and perception of the situation, not for the three ring circus-sorry magic act we're in the midst of.

• Like Like x 1
  15. redux

redux Very Tilted

U.S. Image Suffers as Publics Around World Question Trump’s Leadership

This is hardly a surprise.

• Like Like x 3
  16. kramus

kramus what I might see

In some ways I think there is a PT Barnum under that weird hairdo. He has some crash-and-burn thing going that will multiply, redirect and funnel the staggering amounts of skim being generated by the 1% into his own family network.
    Trump sees the possibilities in being a combination of Mugabe, Gadhafi and Putin, but by putting a shiny American spin on it in a way that will be difficult to believe until the final, inevitable accounting.
    His voting public is like a pack of shiny-eyed yokels scurrying back around to the front of the Greatest Show on Earth. Yokels that can't wait to buy admission again, having been suckered into thinking that the Egress all the signs pointing them towards is a Marvel Promised, but if only they Really Believe and Stay the Course. That, and if they pay and pay. And pay.
    A side effect - his Sucker brigade will vent their understandable frustration at being suckered over and over, by punching the shit out of any flakey Gliberals foolish enough to voice doubts about the Great Ringmaster Leader Trump.
    Gah. The whole thing is so Wonderland Looking Glass.

• Like Like x 4
  17. rogue49

PT Barnum ~ There's a sucker born every minute

But... there are two other major factors in play
    1. A Yankees vs Red Sox mindset where you just want the other "team" to lose.
    2. A "sticking it to them" attitude, where they just want to hurt the system or the current players.

But my point is no matter the reason
    The consequence is the same
    Chaos & Destruction
    Or at least mucking up everything so it's a mess

"This is why we can't have nice things"

• Like Like x 2
  18. rogue49

Exactly.
    CNN’s Ana Navarro calls Trump a ‘crazy, lunatic, 70-year-old man-baby’

For this latest tweet storm...

And THIS is a conservative pundit...one that supported GWB the whole way...and all the GOP candidates. (until this past year...)

Actually, most of them are saying he went too far...completely inappropriate.
    BUT...are they going to DO anything about it???
    NOT. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

I heard some of this on the radio today during my lunchbreak. I really liked the way she spoke.
    I actually went to her fb page and gave her a like afterwards.

My favourite,

• Like Like x 3
  20. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I think this is the main thing that nobody talks about. If the election was held over tomorrow, I'm sure none of my conservative friends and co-workers have changed their minds on who they would vote for so far. There might be a few swing states that would be closer, and a few non-voters might turn up, but I'm not sure anything has really changed. The people who elected Trump did so because he attacks the left and is willing to push the right wing agenda through, even if it is politically incorrect.

• Like Like x 1