1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

According to that article he resigned on Monday. "A source close to Bannon told ABC News the resignation was effective Aug. 14"

And in the prospect article, Kuttner claims Bannon called him Tuesday afternoon (August 15).
    Steve Bannon, Unrepentant

Looks like Bannon is basically threating, "don't fuck with me or i'll start to sing"? Or, is this a retroactive resignation?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I'm fairly sure Bannon "resigned" in the same sense that high ranking officials usually do. He's going to be spending plenty of time with his family, I'm sure.

Unless Kuttner is fabricating some or all of his interview it seems that Bannon was not aware on Tuesday that he'd resigned on Monday. He talked about staffing changes he wanted to make and how he planned to go about it. Either he's delusional or someone is trying to do some damage control.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Actually @martian I do think he escaped
    I don't think he's that stupid to do the interview and not expect it to get out.
    I believe he did it on purpose
    To get unfiltered information out
    And a face saving excuse to get out.
    And perhaps he coordinated with Trump,
    But I'm unsure it goes that way or why.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

I'm leaning this way also. I dont think he called up a left wing journalist that he never knew personally just to "have a chat", out of the blue. However, I'm still unsure exactly why he did this.

5. martian

I think you're underestimating his ego. Bannon didn't expect Kuttner to go public with their conversation because Bannon thought Kuttner would be dazzled by getting a call from White House Chief Strategist Great Manipulator Bannon. Bannon thought he could feed Kuttner some transparently manipulative breadcrumbs and Kuttner would fall right in line and do what Bannon asked him to do. I think he buys wholeheartedly into his own mythology, and thought he could use Kuttner as a political instrument, and that's exploded in his face.

Assuming this was all pre-orchestrated doesn't really fit the MO of a guy who likes to engage in dick-waving contests with his boss's son-in-law, and thinking that Trump had some hand in arranging a "fire my chief strategist to make it look like we're on the outs when really we're up to some greater shenanigans" scheme really stretches credulity.

Y'all are assuming these guys are far more competent than they've demonstrated themselves to be.

6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Don't you know, Bannon wasn't fired, he resigned, two weeks ago.
    Gave them his two weeks notice and everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Just a moment of levity/horror... Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 2.28.10 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

nevermind.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  9. rogue49

It's going to get weirder...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

But Arpaio was a loyal Trump supporter who was attacked by liberals. Former President Clinton, President Obama, or Hillary could never do anything that the conservatives would approve of. And in fact the Republicans tried as hard as they could to find a scandal, no matter how small and talked about it all the time on their TV and radio stations.

The scary part of this pardon is what Trump will do to threaten the former campaign and administration people. Either shut up and get a pardon, or Trump will post location information for his supporters to find them. Since without Trump, none of their agenda will get enacted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. redux

redux Very Tilted

“He’s just like he is on TV. He’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole.”
    ~ Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. rogue49

15. rogue49

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. rogue49

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  17. rogue49

18. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  19. martian

I wonder when her resignation will be announced to have already happened?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. rogue49

Uhh...I've heard of "keeping your allies close and your enemies closer"
    But he may have misunderstood the concept... ;)
    Conservatives direct ire at GOP leaders — not Trump

The GOP leaders are pissed that he cut a deal with the Dems
    And now they're being blamed and politically harmed by their supposed "supporters"
    Hamstringing themselves both ways.

Now that I have ANY sympathy for them. (where's the world's smallest violin, when you need it??)
    While I do have some conservative values, the GOP went mucky swamp and then some...playing vile hardball. (and I don't respect that)

Does it seem that he's just going out of his way to piss people off???
    Actually, I was reading another article saying he's starting to realize how much people don't like him - "People really f@&@ing hate me."

REALLY??? :rolleyes:

Sure, when it seems that you get up every morning after throwing everyone under the bus on twitter in the middle of the night,
    thinking "what kind of dick move can I do today??"

It's like his goal is to go down in history in true infamy.
    Without actually killing anyone. (so far...)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1