1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

2. rogue49

Trolling Trump: How viral visual taunts have changed protest in nation’s capital

IF we survive the term(s) :eek: of this guy...we ARE going to be exhausted.
    Even if you're the type to never watch TV or into politics...the shit is ubiquitous now. (yes, even if you're a supporter)

My eyes roll so much, I think I've pull my ocular muscles. (no...I'm not going to try ben-gay on it. idiot)

I wonder if we'll learn our lesson??
    Or will we languish...not repair the mess...and vote in another living tornado.

I wonder if this is how the great empires died?? Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, Mongol, etc... (the US is as big and pervasive...but we're only around 240+ (a blip in history terms)

We'll see.
    Or maybe we won't.
    250 isn't far away...can we make it?? (likely...but what shape will we be in??)

The Earth turns on...with or without us.

Anyways...I'm exhausted now. Trump is like a bratty noisy kid. (yes, even if you like him...admit it) And the circus of those dealing, placating, or just talking about the bratty kid is deafening.
    Anyone else??? :rolleyes:

3. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  4. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Not to mention the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and Brits. Overextended militarily and failing in economic productivity and innovation. China is now the economic powerhouse that the USA was in the 1940s.

Yep, Trump is an ill-tempered petulant brat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

8. rogue49

9. rogue49

Man...Administration ties to Russia...those Russians are like cockroaches...they've gotten everywhere... :eek:
    Commerce Secretary’s Offshore Ties to Putin ‘Cronies’

I'm going to have to stick this one in the Trump thread...
    There's no relation to the formal probe yet...it's not a GOP thing
    But even IF Trump didn't know about it...he's still the guy he wanted as his Commerce Secretary.

So HOW MANY people on Trump's "roundtable" are connected to Russia??? :rolleyes:
    This just getting weirder and weirder...

10. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I just watched the Frontline TV show "Putin's Revenge", and it makes sense. There is a lot of money in the off-shore market, and Putin has had to move a lot of it. Trump knows a lot of the same people in the international finance world.

How Putin got to be so powerful came from how the state run economy got broken up, and what happens after. I had heard a little bit about Putin taking on the wealthy industrialists and threatening to jail them if they didn't hand over control of the companies to Putin. But, while the source of this article is a white nationalist publication that is anti-semetic, I'm not sure I have a better alternative version of the events that took place in the Russian Federation. Putin might be a power crazed Russia First leader, but he might be a better option than a corrupt Oligarchy. Although, that means that Putin has to look internationally for investors and people who need loans, and I would guess that the wealthy Jewish people aren't going to help him after what he did in Russia.
    The Silent Coup: Putin vs. the Oligarchs

11. rogue49

12. rogue49

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

So 45 believes the former head of the KGB (yes, I know they don't call it the KGB anymore) when he says he isn't acting like the former head of the KGB.
    Didn't 45 run on the fact that he was a great negotiator and knew how to judge people?

I'd say we have been sold out and this is why he has been decimating our diplomatic division to a point that it will take decades to rebuild.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rogue49

@redravin - agreed, but it doesn’t matter what it’s called now
    He was head of KGB in the past.
    No changing that.
    Stills same mindset and agenda.

15. Lindy

I do seem to remember reading something about some guy named Neville Chamberlain trusting some other guy name Adolph Hitler. And that that trust meant "peace in our time."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ95ffnU4Sw

And, a scant twenty months later, "peace in our time" had devolved into this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Okt_YrKPdw

• Like Like x 2
  16. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Sadly @Lindy we don't have the parliamentary that makes it possible to have a vote of no confidence so we could change leaders fast enough to keep things from sliding into the abyss.
    Putin has his puppet in office and will be pulling his strings until we have no way to defend ourselves on a diplomatic level.
    He knows that having nuclear weapons really doesn't mean anything anymore.
    Battles are fought by negotiation and we are rapidly losing our ability to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lindy

Parliamentary system has worked reasonably well for a long time in the UK; which also boasts the stability given by the Monarchy. The Monarch calls on a party leader to form a new government.

Much less stable in other places. France and Italy, in the two decades after WW2, seemed to change government every year or two, sometime more than that.

18. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  19. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lindy

• Agree Agree x 1