1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Trump - What has he done now???

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, that's a skewed exaggeration of things... :rolleyes:
    We don't know SCOTUS until it votes...and if we're going to project things, they've been saying for awhile they are going to try to have it both ways, to balance.
    Giving him the ballot, but skipping on the immunity.
    And for as much as there's been on the report...there's been backlash AND an outpouring of bumbles/brainfarts/non-recall from Chump. (much less everyone else...including all the way back to Reagan)
    Trump said he could not recall, remember or recollect more than 30 times in his answers to Mueller | CNN Politics

It's declarative piece, click bait IMHO

I say, we'll see...
    But that's just my opinion. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  3. rogue49

4. Chris Noyb

Click bait title, yes.

In all honestly many/some of the stories declaring NPD Trump's "serious setbacks" are also clickbait titles for exaggerated interpretations.

The piece isn't completely wrong, as an Op-Ed piece focusing narrowly on the 24 hours in question. In that time frame several things happened that are, and appear to be, major wins for NPD Trump.

Yes, those "wins" are diluted when you consider other factors outside of the 24 hour period.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. rogue49

Y’know, it would be ironic that Chump goes down from insulting Nikki Haley’s husband.

Make ya a bet he didn’t even know her husband’s in the military and deployed. :rolleyes:

Much less, lighting a flame in Europe saying, he’d let Russia take over any country, if they didn’t pay enough…

Now you’ve got most of them up in arms
    Asking WTF ???

Meanwhile, you’ve got ignorant people, oblivious to world politics, deciding to vote for the shmuck, because he sounds like an angry reality show host.
    The Jerry Springer society…strike that Jerry was calm
    The Morton Downey Jr society…
    (if you remember him :D and I’m dating myself ;) )

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

^^^

After seeing the way NPD Trump acted towards John McCain, even many months after his death, I'm certain NPD Trump doesn't care that Halley's husband is in the military.

To me Morton Downey Jr seemed to alternate between playing a role and being more than a little crazy. And he frequently blurred the lines. I'm still tying to figure out if NPD Trump is completely blinded by his narcissism, or is a master manipulator putting on a show. Most likely both.

7. rogue49

Well, he certainly has the knack of speaking like on and on, in garage-talk terms. (My dad was like that, could talk BS to anyone, fairly charismatic)
    BUT, he's definitely narcissicist and oblivious to anything but himself. No context or consequence considered.

That's what is so dangerous, he's got the normal banter down, speaks to the anger.
    But is oblivious to REAL world interactions. An elemental beast.

He is beholden to Russia, the Saudis, etc...and has no idea of the global impact.
    He may not press the button, but he'll light the gas to explode it to trigger a button being pushed.

It's on thing to be a HS quarterback douchbag.
    It's another to be a world leader.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

Trump’s Legal Cases: Here, There and Everywhere

Yes, it's a Gordian Knot of court cases...a clusterfuck, a representation of Chump being chaos incarnate.

What amazes me, is that he and his lawyers have been able to hold them all back as long as they have.
    It's not like he did not do it...anyone with eyes and attention span can see this.

But he's only lost on a couple...and delayed still everything on appeals, including any fine or penalty.

He's definely a master at playing the system. Not to actually create or succeed anything. But just getting himself or his business off the hook.
    Like a cheater who somehow convinces all the accusers to give him "one more chance". Again and again.

What does this say about out system???

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Our judicial system, much like our two (sometimes more) party political system, relies on people to show integrity and do the right thing. That leads to three large problems, which leads to more problems, etc, ad naseum.

1. Not all judges have backbones to make tough decisions. They would rather kick the cases up to higher courts than show some meaningful strength.

2 (2a). NPD Trump has exposed the fact many judges have political views, & has made it OK for them to openly display their biases.

3 (2b). Appointing federal judges across the states who have political beliefs they're willing to display weakens the judiciary, & definitely increases the delays in getting cases heard & closed.

I don't understand why
    going after a former POTUS
    is considered to be
    such a BFD.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  11. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

And his sons can’t be officers or conduct business in NY for 2 years too.

Frankly, I think the 3 years for Chump is too short.

But he’ll also likely lose his LLCs too, which revokes by the judge, were on hold by the appeals court, until the finish of this case.

I wonder if that’s imminent or they have to wait until after appeals.
    Or they have to officially reconsider it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Since several things have happened involving NPD Trump I'm putting a general plea in this thread.

Can we (please!) get this conman & dictator king wannabe in court again well before the 2024 presidential election?

Things are looking good that it might actually happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Chris Noyb

I saw a report on the news basically stating if Willis removed, the new prosecutor won't pursue the case.

I have mixed views. Her personal relationship with Wade shouldn't be a factor, as long as the legal work is on the level.

OTOH putting Wade on her payroll as a special prosecutor while involved in a personal relationship with him does show a serious lapse in judgement by Willis. The personal relationship also adds fuel to the argument Wade is a hired gun, with even more incentive to 'get Trump.'

The bad news is the Repubs have a good argument calling Willis' competency at making professional decisions into question. A motion to remove her from the case isn't that farfetched.

We see the hypocrisy in how the Repubs view NPD Trump's actions. Are we being hypocritical in how we view Willis possibly being removed from the case?

A possible compromise: Agree to remove Willis, with the case against NPD Trump continuing.

16. Chris Noyb

I'm don't trust Forbes, esp after they admitted to be knowingly mislead by NPD Trump.*

View: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2024/02/17/can-trump-pay-fines-dan-alexander-src-vpx.cnn

Is NPD Trump worth $400M? With all of his troubles, and losses during covid, it's surprising to hear his previous liquid assets estimate of $180M-$220M is now $400M.

With that said...it's still possible NPD Trump could go broke. If he has something to offer those in the position to help him, probably not. If he's on a downward spiral and the rats know to jump ship, maybe (hopefully!) so.

* NPD Trump got on the phone with one of their reporters trying unsuccessfully to disguise his distinctive while pretending to be a nonexistent financial officer. The reporter knew this and still allowed himself to be bullied into accepting the fake financial documents at face value. This was approved by his editor and other higher-ups at Forbes.

Edit: I don't know why the link is causing space problems.

17. rogue49

Problem is, in another election fraud case, the prosecutor was dropped, but the case "continued"
    But they're still waiting for another to be assigned 18 months later!!

It would be too little, too late, otherwise...
    They'll need to push on with her.

Also remember, a good portion of the GOP dominated GA Congress wants to submarine the case.
    There are conflicts of interest everywhere.

And this is a tactic of Chump & his lawyers...personally attacking anyone, the AG, the judge, the court staff, ALL are a target.
    For all his cases...

I'd rather justice be done.
    This is imprtant to make a stand on NOT manipulating elections.

She needs to stay and use that anger.
    She's been the driver of this for some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

I agree 100%.

The thing is I have to say her removal could be justified. I could act like a Repub and be a hypocrite, but I can't: Her critics have a legit point. This goes beyond simply giving a romantic interest a job.

Again OTOH...if all actions have been legal and by the book, with competence by the prosecution and the special counsel, continuing as is could be justified.

19. rogue49

The system is holding her to a higher standard than Chump...for her personal life.
    It's a double-standard.
    All the while, those accused get every consideration and delay...she doesn't.
    She's on the stand QUICK before a judge.
    How long have we been waiting for the actual accused to go up??? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

We're looking a double edged sword that could cut either way with equal justification.

NPD Trump is going through legal procedures rife with loopholes, esp when dealing with spineless judges and pro-Trump judges. The various delays tactics total suck (I wish someone would get the damn trials started), but they are allowed.

Fani Willis is undergoing an investigation, led by Repubs with vested interests in protecting NPD Trump who basically don't answer to anyone.

Let's reverse the situation:
    How would we react if
    a Repub Attorney General
    in a well known Dem state
    was going after Biden,
    then this news broke
    about that Repub AG?

I know that I would
    question their integrity and be in
    favor of tossing them off the case.

And if I think Willis should remain on the case, while thinking the opposite if the siuation were reversed, that could? would? make me a hypocrite.

Sometime the blurred lines are easy to trip over.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024