1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

TSA to allow Small Knives on Airplanes

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by Plan9, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Source
    It's about goddamn time. Although their terminology is hilariously off and their size/shape policy is absolutely retarded, I think it's a good step back toward common sense.

I hate traveling without a multi-tool like the invaluable Leatherman Squirt in my pocket. It'll be nice to have it back on my second keyring.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Hopefully this helps with delays due to people getting their nail clippers confiscated.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

True story: TSA hassled me about nail clippers once back in the middle aughts. It was noteworthy because I was in uniform and carrying an assault rifle with a grenade launcher on the plane.

America.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Charlatan

Indeed.

It's this sort of thing that makes me very happy I don't fly to, or even through, the US. Avoid at all costs.

5. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

Awww this is going to dry up the secondary market on ebay for all the leathermans and swiss army knives stolen, I mean uh confiscated by the TSA.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Charlatan

Changi airport will confiscate things but they will also help you mail it back to your house. They have courier packages and labels ready to go. When you get home, your banned item is waiting for you. Much better than dropping it into a garbage can.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

This could be urban legend, probably is cause it's an old REO song situation- heard from a friend who heard from a friend. Anyway according to my friend he knows a guy who has a large bowl of pocket knives, another of cheap lighters and yet another full of nice lighters. TSA employee of the month.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i had countless nail clippers taken from me over the years. I even had my deodorant and aftershave taken away from me even though it was less than 100ml like they asked. But because the bottle it was in could carry more than 100ml it was an 'illegal item'. who the fuck comes up with this stupid shit?

air safety and security has gone crazy over stupid little shit like clippers and water, and if this article is true is letting the bigger things pass. i just dont get it.