1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Us partisan politics

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Xazy, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Xazy Vertical

I am a Republican, not because I believe in the Republican party but between the Democrats and Republicans I believe more in the the concepts of what they represent. I find that I am someone who is jaded by Politicians in general and have very little respect for them. Outside of local elections I have never voted for a congressman or president I actually liked. I do not feel that they put the best interest of the people over the self-interest of maintaining their position and power.

I am not a big NY Times fan anymore for numerous reasons, however I found this article today to just explain my political view perfectly.

It has become about the left demonizing the right and vice versa. I hope that Cooper is correct and that things will change in the future, however call me pessimistic I am very doubtful about that.