1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Video Editors

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Speed_Gibson, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I am looking for opinions on the "best" free video editor out there for the Windows Vista/7 environment.
    I know all about audio editing and my strong preference there is SoundForge. To compare to that side of the fence I am looking for the video equivalent to Audacity (as in easy to use, works well for the cause, etc) rather the expensive equivalent to SoundForge. Not concerned about it being open-source, more about the price and usability.
    A google search gave me this page, but I am more interested in first hand experience.
    --- merged: Jul 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM ---
    Trying this "Wax" program. The CNET download thing seems insistent that I want top arcade or something like that, Real Player, and AVG toolbar just to install one download the zip file for one video editor. *rolls eyes"
    Should have followed my instincts/experience and gone elsewhere for the file directly.
    Installing Real Player ranks almost as high on the "not going to happen" list as me voting for Obama for anything other an "out of office" vote.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013