1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Wait, What? Rabbi Says Gay Marriage To Blame For 8-Year-Old's Death

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Jul 22, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I just still can't believe that this guy has the chutzpah to say such things.

2. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I know there are some far-right extremist sects of Judaism that call Israel an abomination and claim that the Holocaust was divine retribution for Zionism. I assume this guy is one of that crowd.

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

4. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

the guy looks like Adam Sandler playing Geoffrey Rush playing an Orthodox Jew.
    but he's not nearly as awesome as that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Willravel

Willravel Getting Tilted

Yep, that's how it happens. Two people in love are finally able to equally access the right to marry, and as a direct, causal result, an 8 year old died. Right there. They drank the blood and everything.

Or this bigoted, crazy guy is desperately looking for attention and validation from other bigoted, crazy people. They tend to seek each other out, because being a bigot tends to get lonely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. wasnt there some clerics in iran that blamed an earthquake on boobies not too long ago?

7. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Laws of physics only apply when God is appeased.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The story is disgusting enough all by itself, without hate mongering over it.

9. Is his middle name Phelps?

10. atimnie New Member

More like Woody Allen's hasidic farce in Annie Hall, but not nearly as funny. And his point about abortion... it's not, in most cases, tearing apart a preborn baby, but destruction of a mass of cells devoid of feeling and function. But this moron neither knows nor cares.

11. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

This guy is a complete penis.

I don't make any secret of the fact that I don't hold by the Orthodox stances on homosexuality. But I was raised Orthodox, and I know Orthodoxy, and it doesn't usually look like this. I'm sorry, even by Orthodox standards, this guy is a serious dick.

Usually I make it a policy, as a rabbi, not to bad-mouth another rabbi in public. But blaming a child's death on gay marriage (to say nothing of all the other utter crap) is so theologically heinous, so awful on so many levels, I will go ahead and ignore my rule. I am just sickened by this unremitting bullshit. It's bad enough to be a hatemonger, but one has to be singularly lacking in basic human decency to use a child's death as a prooftext for hatred. It's astonishing how someone who has studied so much Torah has clearly learned nothing from it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Of all the evil on earth, the worst wraps itself in religious zealotry. This man has just gotten all the attention he will get from me.

13. flat5

flat5 Vertical

Levite, being a rabbi you should know this guy can't be a "complete" penis :)

Do we have to take this guy seriously? Is he so important?

14. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

The fact he is Jewish is really secondary to the fact that he is a moron.

15. Levite

A world of no.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Nice Buffy quote Levite...

17. Levite

I try! :cool:

18. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Bloody hell. I reckon there should be a reality TV show: "When religeous leaders go stoopid." I'll plead the 'Don't get me started' and leave it at that. Very upsetting.

19. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

I hope that this guy spends the after life tied down next to Fred Phelps and they spend the rest of eternity getting fucked in the ass by very large demons with spike covered cocks.