1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

"WARNING LABELS"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DAKA, Dec 31, 2013.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I think we have too many warning labels, maybe it's time to remove the labels and let the dust fall where it may.....hmmm...
    Some of the labels I have been seeing (in this country) are getting have gotten ridiculous, and ugly,
    the ones on the sun visors of new cars....warning about air bags, and wearing your seat belts, cmon'
    how stupid can you be.....(never mind)

2. [​IMG]
    --- merged: Dec 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM ---
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Love the cookie dough package that says, DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH. Of course I won't. :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'm convinced that part of the reason why the warning labels are so verbose is because the companies would get the pants sued off of them otherwise.

"How was I supposed to know that I wasn't supposed to drink this antifreeze? There wasn't any sort of indicator that it's not edible to humans! You didn't make that painfully, idiotically obvious, so now I want a chunk of your revenue!"

Big part of me agrees; let's stop warning people not to tie their shoelaces together and let Murphy and Darwin do the rest.
    Then again, I'm a cynic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

When I was younger I got in a high capacity dryer in a laundromat in the middle of the night and had a friend push the button to trick it into thinking it was closed while I spin around. It's amusing to think that if I had gotten hurt I would have been the cause of a silly warning label.

6. Less warning labels could mean more modern day occurrences of Darwinism. Could be good, could be bad. Never know till we try.

7. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I'm all for "LETS TRY"...
    I'm getting "tired" of trying to figure out how some people get through the day....and just shaking my head....

8. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

Ya... I've always had trouble with that one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I just had to include this one.

[​IMG]

9. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

This is actually a necessary sign in some places. When we were sharing toilets in Iraq, some of the locals refused to accept our sitting on the toilet ways and would go to great lengths to squat regardless of the design of the toilet.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

This makes perfect sense, it's not only for the people suffering from the allergy, it's for people around them and preparing their food who are otherwise clueless.
    I'll pay $5 to anyone who can find a real product with one of these from the manufacturer.
    Yeah, eugenics was awesome last time around.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

This is what the Darwin Awards are for...

14. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

I love the driving warning on the dog meds.
    I put on a sweatshirt and found my chain saw. The Stihl just has warnings to follow the owner's manual. Where that is, I'm not sure. The beavers moved in across the field and took care of part of the job for us (also stole a piece of siding from our shed - found it in the dam)

15. People don't READ warning labels. I don't think it will cause ore prevent people from doing shit if there are warning labels or not. It's just to save the company's asses.

• Like Like x 2
  16. @MSD The images I posted were meant to entertain, not so much inform. I didn't really check the photos for authenticity before I posted them because I was too busy laughing ;)

Here's another, in order to stay on topic:

[​IMG]

17. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

But what if common sense isn't genetic?

I'd rather do what we can to prevent people from coming to harm.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lame.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Blame my white knight syndrome.

• Like Like x 3
  20. There's a joke in there about being white and Canadian....something about cardigans too. My spawn is taking up my wit i do believe.

• Like Like x 1