1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What do you see?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 27, 2015.

?

What color is the dress?

1. Gold and White

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Blue and Black

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

This showed up on the local news, but I didn't hear the full story. The first two times it was white & gold, but now I'm seeing blue & black.

So what's the trick here?

3. rogue49

Depends on how your eyes are working.

It's explained in the link.

4. I see blue and gold. I can't make myself see white or black in this picture. Your poll is invalid!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Every time I've seen this up until now it looked gold and white, but this one looks black and blue... hmmm

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Oh God, not here.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I see blue and gold, or maybe brown. Maybe grey and tan. Like @grumpyolddude, I don't see either white or black.

8. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

You don't know how hard I am laughing right now, reading what I said aloud not 15 seconds before I read your post.

I see ... a distraction. I can't believe it made it to CBS news and CNN, and I have to wonder what they are NOT reporting. From what are they attempting to draw our attention? Oh, and earlier I saw an ugly ass grey & tan on my phone. Later I saw an ugly ass dress that was white and gold. Now I see an ugly ass dress in a slightly different color. I can tell that they are different images, because the background and details are different (sharper) now.

Crap, they got me. Quick, turn on the news.

9. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Also my initial reaction.

10. rogue49

Yes, I know it's a internet meme that the media has much overhyped,
    BUT, it's interesting never the less...at least to me. (as a science oriented person)

And it doesn't take away from anything, unless you cannot spare 10 seconds of viewing and thought.
    So, I'd thought I'd share...and see what others on the board may see in comparison.

However, that's what internet is all about, nothing really important or affecting you in real life,
    even those nice articles and debates you see everywhere.

This is just like a really good commercial that makes you smile...or you go "meh"...and you fast-forward through. (hell, at least you can do that these days if you've DVR'd it)
    Isn't that what makes horse-races???

Or perhaps, if you see Black & Blue or Gold & White... ;)

11. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I see a picture that has problems with exposure, blown out background, and is out of focus. Colour is irrelevant to me with those going for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I can't believe it made XKCD.

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

When this first started appearing my Facebook feeds, the image was definitely White and Gold. I can't find any images that are not Blue and Black.

The way our eyes work are amazing.

Which direction is the woman spinning? If you look at it long enough, you can start to see her spin in the opposite direction.

[​IMG]

Now what happens if you watch THIS woman spin?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

(Not my creation; found this one)
    [​IMG]

For what it's worth, I'd like to see that dress crumpled up on my bedroom floor. ;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 4