1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Haven't herd anything from this nut sac recently...
    Your little drum circle is goin to prison ass wipe !
    10-20 years from now, best watch your back for all the idiocy you sold these folks. By that time some of them will be seriously pissed off they missed a few of their kids birthdays, and they'll all know how to carry a knife in their ass hole.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...e/news-story/81565144454f156ba02477cb0e4d0187

Why this fuck hasn't been deported is beyond me

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

This could go in every NPD Trump trial thread, but since it's general, here it goes.

Trump’s co-defendants are already starting to turn against him

Not new news, but it does show how slowly but surely some of the defendants are realizing NPD Trump is looking out for NPD Trump. They should also realize their attorney(s) being (edit to add paid) by NPD Trump's PAC, and probably the GOP partially in some way, only care about protecting Agent Orange #45.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Peter Navarro, second ex-Trump aide to be prosecuted for contempt of Congress, faces trial Tuesday | CNN Politics

This' a very important trial that seems to be flying too low on the news media radar.

Congressional subpoenas should have teeth to encourage compliance. In the case of NPD Trump as POTUS I think it's clear he & his aides were discussing & plotting illegal criminal activities which should not be covered under Executive Privelage.

OTOH congressional subpoenas should not be issued without substantive backing showing a very high likelihood of criminal activity.

One easy response is if a person has nothing to hide then honoring the subpoena shouldn't be a problem. But people are human. Digging in your heels when being dragged into something you oppose is a normal response.

The other major issue in the trial is can a POTUS legally instruct an aide to ignore a congressional subpoena under Executive Privelage? I think the courts have been clear that criminal activity isn't privelaged. That's hard to determine if you can't find out what was discussed.

The Navarro trial, & the Bannon appeal, should prove interesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

6. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Ya I think Navarro is being upstaged by other stuff -no shortage there really.
    And the rest of it, yeah I agree too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Some articles I've read say the Texas Repubs pulling the strings don't want Paxton in the position to run for Governor once Greg Abbott decides to step aside.

While it would be extremely difficult for a Dem to get elected Gov in Texas, Paxton as the Repub candidate would bring an abundance of baggage to the race.

The clear Repub heir apparent, Lt Gov Dan Patrick, has a watching paint dry personality (worse than Abbott's). To date any skeletons in his closet have remained there, and/or have been accepted by TX voters.

9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

“A House In Disarray”: 13 Presidential Libraries, Including Those Of Obama, Reagan & Kennedy, Issue “Urgent Call To Action For All Americans”

So this is happening...
    Most of the presidential libraries are putting a warning out there...that there is a great concern in America.
    Unprecedented, to say the least.

HOWEVER, my question is this - What is the current adminstration going to DO about it??? (and Congress too)
    Yes, we have a national security risk.

Congress isn't going to do anything, half of it occupied by a party that is sweeping under the rug any question...and the same party has a good amount of members instigating.
    And a portion of the population either supporting the problem...or ignoring it.

So only the adminstration can do anything...and they're lingering, like a slug, trying to not look "political".

My frustration, if you see something DO something...and make it fast.

Do y'all linger around when there's a fire? a heart attack? Cancer?

It's like quite a few are trying to say they smell smoke ...or stop a fire actually in the fire dept.
    But they're using buckets from a faucet while the firebugs are using gasoline and flamethrowers.

I doubt this will push them to go any faster...and THAT is a part of the problem.

Gotta fight fire with fire.
    And do it fast...BEFORE it burns down. :rolleyes:

Stop tiptoe'ing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

White House set for Hunter Biden battle as Republicans look to pounce

I'm glad to hear the White House is pre-preparing (that's not a typo) for the forthcoming HOR impeachment effort.

Why can't the Senate repubs, who see this failing, get the HOR repubs to drop it? Is this evidence of more disarray in the GOP?

McCarthy says "...if we could see the evidence...." OK, I'm game, I'd love to the evidence that justifies an impeachment effort against Joe Biden.

11. Chris Noyb

That will be attacked as yet another effort at WOKEism by the communist left wing liberal Democrats.

What can the Dems, and Biden, do? Talking about supporting Democracy is preaching to the choir (and needs to be done).

What actual actions can be taken?

12. rogue49

Instead of a war on drugs, you do a war on internal terrorism and insurrection.
    And aggressively take on the voting by the Federal government. (which they can do, it doesn't need to be the states)
    Follow the $$$, track down the instigators...and foreign influence too.
    Leverage every police/investigation entity to have a large scale push and mission to find out who is doing what. (DOJ, DHS, CIA, NSA, etc and so on)

This is about the ability to continue as a nation. It IS a real security risk.

We put the mantra and fear of communism into everyone's head decades ago.
    Then you put the same against those that are supporting insurrection. (real insurrection...those active in undermining the nation. Not just talking about it)

Now, you do have to have an exit strategy...and you have to not overdo it and work within laws.

Hard part is, previously it was mostly external. (communism, terrorism, etc)
    This is like a cancer, it's inside...and you don't want to overdose on the chemo or any other solution. Become tyrannical or trounce on rights.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy...but they do need to become more active.
    How do you get rid of cockroaches in a home you have to live in??? :confused:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Splat the really slow ones.
    Spray the slow ones.
    Set out poison traps for the fast ones.

That could work against maga terrorists.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

15. Chris Noyb

16. rogue49

What I want to know is...why it's taking so long to go after people like this.
    Yes, they're sneaky...but they aren't THAT sneaky.

If there's smoke, there's fire...go put the fire out.
    Look at the intent too. Not just what's "legally provable".
    I don't like that notion in normal crime either. The law can't get everything....and somethings are obvious and apparently negative, even if it's not been written into law and policy.

We don't do this when taking care of kids or animals...if they're doing something wrong, you stop it.
    If they're doing something that's concerning, you get involved. If they're doing something that may be dangerous, you keep it safe.

If there's a trend or pattern, which there has been...start digging.
    Then run it up the flagpole. Then act.

17. Chris Noyb

As long as it doesn't end up being voted on in the US Senate.

18. rogue49

I'd say the House is the madhouse at the moment. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

Absolutely.

I'm thinking the (possible) actions with real teeth end up being left to the Senate. Where, as we have seen ad nauseum, partisan politics (can) kill justified actions.

20. Chris Noyb

It's a shame the security footage from the Denver theatre didn't catch Boebert hitting her pipe, or feeding her nose through a straw.

Edit: Boebert & Green (actually Greene & Boebert because of Greene's highly elevated testosterone level) could start their own third party. I like Privelaged & Entitled Party (PEP).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023