1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What video games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Ice|Burn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. TheSurgeOn

TheSurgeOn Getting Tilted

GTA V is open world - do anything you want - known as a virtual 'sandbox', check youtube for plenty of videos. You might enjoy DayZ - known as the best running simulator there is - again a sandbox, but definately not a hack/slash fest.

The ArmA series has massive 'maps', Altis being the biggest (270 km sq and really pretty), you can just roam about, or add bases, vehicles, just about anything you want - including rabbits which are playable, making the scale even more impressive.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

i think you'd like far cry 3 a lot, i sure am. it's pirates instead of zombies, but there's also a ton of wildlife to deal with on the island and a ton of awesome little caves (some underwater) and bunkers from ww2 to explore. plus there's vehicles to get around with.

also, i played about an hour of the new tomb raider and it seems a bit more on rails than far cry, but it is absolutely gorgeous.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Working on the Mass Effect Trilogy (I am about to get ME3 and all the DLC so I can avoid the "shitty ending" everyone's always bitching about), and re-playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution because I bought the Director's Cut. Also I dabble in Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam and also just downloaded CounterStrike: Source and Global Offensive, but haven't played them yet. Wanting to finish Dear Esther, but I'm so damn ADD :(

Oh, and I want to play Crysis 3, just to see if my rig can handle it without melting my CPU/GPU - isn't that what the Cyrsis series is basically made for?

4. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Without any spoilers the DLC barely changes anything in the ending. There are one or two extra scenes and a halfassed voiceover that's mildly different for some options but it's still ~90% the same cutscenes with a Red, Green, or Blue filter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Freecell.

6. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Playing Fallout 3. Completely impossible and pointless on the PS3 with those controllers but damn fun on the PC with the proper keyboard/mouse combination. Playing the 'evil' route but I may try another time with the wussy good route. it just pains me deeply to see people hording stimpacks, bottlecaps, and other valuables and knowing I that cannot just kill them on the spot and take the lot.
    My current count is 105 corpses eaten I think, and something like 300+ people killed. A bit low in my opinion but I am working on it... :D

7. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Aw... :( Should I still play it?

8. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

It's worth it for the rest of the story but the gameplay is like two seperate developers worked on it. You will be able to tell the exact moment when they had to start shoving it out the door, ready or not. Don't feel bad if you're driven to cheating for a few battles. Some of the enemies are glitchy and cheap enough that regardless of how good you are you can get trapped in instakill scripted attacks.

Also make sure to exhaust the conversation options in the citadel after each mission, there's stuff you don't want to miss.

9. highjinx

i picked up free-to-play Loadout on steam last week and am having a blast. i love that i can make a double jumping sniper with a heavy gatling gun as a backup weapon and the beam weapon i built feels like fighting w/ a light saber while i dive and dodge around.

10. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Found my Zoo Tycoon disk. w00t!

Yes, I'm 12.

11. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Until the release of Star Citizen, I will be playing Final Fantasy XIV.

I don't know how she did it, but I'm trapped in FF14 anyway!

12. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Dammit... I don't have the time to get addicted to that, I hope it's not as fun as it looks.

13. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

I've been on a MMORPG run for quite some time now, avoiding single player games. The last two single player games on PC I played were Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinite. I've got the DLC for both, and need to get back in and play it soon! I've also got at least 8 games on steam I've been meaning to play, old like Assassin's Creed and Prototype, and new like Walking Dead. I'm about to start an older game I recently got and look forward to playing: Indigo Prophecies. I've only heard good things. As for MMOs, I'm playing The Secret World a lot, as in, every day if I can. Its a fantastic game. Different from any other MMO I've gotten my hands on, and that makes it so exciting to play. And I keep adding more players to the game each month. *evil cackle* Besides, its free to play!

• Like Like x 1
  14. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Realized I hadn't checked out my GOG account in a while, and I've been happily replaying Evil Genius for the past few days. Good times--except when my minions piss me off.

15. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Steam realeased in-home streaming as a public beta today. That means that you can stream a game from one system to another, regardless of OS. So, for example, I can play Windows games on my Macbook (but they're really being played on my gaming desktop). It also means you can have a beefy gaming "host" PC in one location, and then use a lightweight client like a nettop to act as essentially a remote KVM. The big selling point here is going to be competition with consoles.

I'm down with it, because I can move my laptop around and do things like hook it up to the TV, which I can't easily do with the desktop.

I tried it out with a few games. Super Meatboy to test latency, because timing is so critical. I didn't suck at that one any more than usual, so that was fine. Did Bioshock Infinite as something a bit more high performance, also ran quite well. And then I booted up Tropico 4 and played that for three hours without realizing it. So, oops.

The overall experience was good. I was having issues with encoding/decoding speed at 1080p, but 720p works quite well. That's honestly plenty good enough for me. I never had any major latency issues, but I'm running 5 GHZ 802.11n on both ends. I did run the laptop through ethernet first and later tried without.

Good feature, overall. Some folks have reported issues with input lag and/or streaming quality, but that will be down to your network. If you try to connect the endpoints via tin IPoTCS (IP over Tin Can and String) you're not going to have an optimal experience. Such is the nature of technology.

I'll be working late tomorrow to catch up on what I didn't do while I was slacking off and playing with my new toy today. Oh well.

16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I've gone back to Civ4, Beyond The Sword.

Civ 5 is a bit too glutted for the system I have currently...keeps crashing.
    So until I get a bigger system this summer, I'll keep to the classic.

Haven't had the chance yet to play Diablo III, looking forward to it.

17. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I was hardcore WoW for many years but stopped when I lost my job.
    It would have been to easy to climb into the game and not come out.

18. highjinx

for all you old-schoolers out there and anyone into puzzlers and can live w/ the dated graphics, battle.net put up The Lost Vikings today for free...

https://us.battle.net/account/dow...ow=classic

rock n' roll racing is in too but idk who'd like a dated racing game unless it was the arcade version of outrun or super sprint or something

19. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I don't know why it took me this long, but I just realized that Neverwinter is both free-to-play (with extra items/advantages available for purchase) and totally "runable" on my system. It has received decent reviews (74/100 on Metacritic), and, hey, it's D&D!

I'm currently downloading/patching it.

Neverwinter (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

X-Com: UFO Defense (1994) with Open X-Com fan upgrade.

Jagged Alliance 2 (1999) with V1.13 fan upgrade.

I love old games. Hot-hot chess-with-guns.

If you like turn-based strategy, do it.