1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What video games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Ice|Burn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Haha, after watching a Science channel show featuring civil engineering projects, I felt the overwhelming need to dig out SimCity 4 and get building.

Otherwise: World of Warcraft and Sims 3.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I was going through my stack of CD-ROMS I have piled up and the list of games that either will not work or are not worth playing is alarming.
    Too old to even load/install/play on Windows Vista/7:
    Ages of Empires II - crashes on both the Vista & 7 system no matter what I do with compatibility mode
    Star Trek Voyager Elite Force - No love whatosever for these new operating systems, and I did enjoy playing that game.
    Links 2001 - does not like the newer OSes either

'other reasons':
    Soldier of Fortune - Not trying in front of the kids
    Hitman - see previous reason
    MS Flight Sim 98 - no current joystick of any kind on this system, and I had forgotten just complicated those controls are. I just wanted to fly around, look at the scenery, and crash into random buildings like I used to
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - never have tried this but my copy has a 'cracked file' to replace the main exe and not going near that kind of thing.
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein - needs the CD key which seems to be missing from my handburned copy. Thought it was on there. I might look at buying this one though. I recall liking this one last time I played it.

Not worth playing now:
    Simcity Classic (1995) - Uses a whopping 1.9 MB total for installation. Looks more pixelated than even the simplest flash game on the internet now

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi Speed_Gibson ... have a look at this site.

They bought rights for some older games, and hacked them to make them compatible. My great joy of the year: the game Outcast. I thought it was good bye forever, but wow - these guys got it going and it is as solid as a rock. Some of your old favorites might be there. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Cool! thank you, that site looks very useful. That might be a good blog entry. That is one of the best ways for me to remember sites and it shares it with the .00000005% of the internet world that reads my blog.

5. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

after years of not feeling it, i finally got hooked into team fortress 2. i'm horrible at it so far, but i have a lot of fun switching between different classes and trying them out and it's a rush when i find a new piece of gear to try.

it's ironic i payed for it but never caught on till it went f2p.

6. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

The gear system drives me nutty sometimes. There's nothing more frustrating that getting duplicates of awful items when you're really hoping for a specific drop, but I'm starting to figure out crafting, so hopefully that will help out some.

It is a really fun game, though, and fairly well-designed. 2fort and Dustbowl are my favorite maps, and I've found some solid servers.

7. Hyena

Hyena Vertical

Deus Ex for me now. Ive got a ton of weapons, but I seem to just be sneaking up and taking down people silently. Course I havent hit a boss fight yet, I assume there will be one and ill bust out the shotgun and assault rifle then.

8. FrankieZee

FrankieZee Vertical

I've been switching between quite a few different titles off and on as long as I can remember. My newest rotation is:

Fallen Earth: New Vegas (started a second play through)
    Civilization 5
    Daw of War II: Retribution
    E.Y.E.
    Guild Wars (constantly trying new characters and anxiously awaiting GW2)
    Dungeons and Dragons Online (same problem as above with characters haha)
    And downloaded a new F2P MMO; Black Prophecy (space flight MMO, twitch style combat, completely different than EVE)

These are the main few I've been stuck on, although occasionally I stick a new title in for a few days, then get bored of it. It seems I can't find a game that can keep me hooked until the end anymore, I tend to get bored and try something else haha.

9. Arc101

Arc101 New Member

Still play mainly older games CIV 2, tac ops, XCOM. Really looking forward to Skyrim although still have not payed fallout 3 yet and that has been on the pile on my desk for months

10. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Man, I REALLY need to play the Gabriel Knight series again.

11. Alchemus New Member

Sims 3, Sword of the Stars, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky.
    Just finished Mass Effect. Not impressed enough to get 2 or 3. Trying to save enough money for SotS 2. Clear Sky is taking up a lot of my time though. If you like FPSs and RPGs, the Stalker games are a must play.

12. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

I came home one day to find my fiance had installed a game that required Origin to be installed on my computer (Sims whatever). Forever unclean... The only game I've been playing lately has been Go on wBaduk and goKGS.

13. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

origin :eek:

i can't remember the last time i was forced to install such a bad piece of software just to play a game.

14. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Get used to it. Mass Effect 3, MW3, any EA game basically. Ugh.

15. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

I like the simpler games, Sports Mogul Baseball 2010, and Football 2011, where you can create past and present teams and play forever into the future building your team into a virtual "Yankees" type dynasty.

One game I had been looking forward to for years and it finally came out is American McGee's Alice sequel. While it is finally out and I would love to play it, I haven't had the money or opportunity to play or buy it yet. I've heard various people say good things about it, that it can be a stand alone and doesn't have to be looked at as a sequel. I've also heard it is far easier and not as "dark" as the original. Hopefully, I can find it on EBay or some online game store for a reasonable price.

Other than those games above and FB Bejeweled Blitz, I have no desire to truly play many new ones, I have too many older ones friends gave me that I have yet to even start. Such as Enclave, Exodus, Dracula Origin and a few others I haven't thought of for awhile. I guess if I truly have a desire for a game I'll go to Sim City 3 or 4 (preferred 3 it was easier to work with for me) or the Command and Conquer series.

As of right now, I am totally content with my Sports Mogul games but, I have been thinking of Sim City and Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 a lot lately also thinking maybe I should try Enclave or Exodus. Course I know if I play Alice I will most definitely want to go get the sequel (can't think of the name "return to Madness, maybe?).

16. Arc101

Arc101 New Member

Never played any of the Call of Duty games - want to give the latest one a go but are the servers all ful of teenage kids ? If so will give it a miss.
    Also would like to mention a superb free mod called Pirates, Vikings and Knights 2. Got this off Steam and you have to have one of the half life games. This is a really good mod, if you haven't tried it well worth a go. A bit different to all current online shooter games, killing someone as a Viking with a axe or with a massive 2 handed sword as a Knight is very enjoyable.

17. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

I used to thumb my nose at the call of duty stuff but will admit that it gets pretty exhilerating when you are going against a bunch of other people. I can't play with my kid though, he absolutely destroys me and takes great pleasure in doing it.

18. FrankieZee

FrankieZee Vertical

My previous post mentions multiple games, since then Skyrim has been released and that is now taking up whatever free time I've been able to come up with (according to Steam, less than 10 hours logged since it was released last weekend, and probably no free time this weekend...)

19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Skyrim!

My husband was lamenting that he didn't think his computer could run it. I said, well, yours maybe not, but mine can. He perked up and I said if he paid for it, he could put it on my computer and we could take turns playing it. So far, so good. I'm just waiting for us to hit the point with it where we don't want to share.

• Like Like x 1
  20. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

I'm stuck on a level of Portal 2 and it's killing me.