1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What shows do you have to watch with your SO?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by snowy, Aug 18, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

There are some shows that I cannot watch on my own. They are "our" show (s). What are yours?

For instance, I cannot watch any new episode of Naruto: Shippūden on my own. My husband gets upset if I do. Recently, there was a major flashback arc, fleshing out the past history of two major characters, and since I read the manga weekly, I was really looking forward to it. It's not my fault that it becomes available to stream in the US early in the morning on Thursday and my husband works all day. Really. So I went ahead and watched it. Oh, man, I got so much shit for doing that. I learned not to say if I'd watched the most recent episode ahead of time. ;) I understand why it's "our" show--my husband introduced me to the Narutoverse, so it's kind of all his fault.

I also couldn't watch new episodes of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, The Daily Show, or The Colbert Report without my husband. They're all shows we watch together regularly. I mean, if it's just on television and I happen to catch a new episode, fine. If I go out of my way to watch it, especially streaming, I'd feel guilty.

We got really into watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine together last fall, so I'd definitely say that's another of our shows, and I'm looking forward to the second season!

2. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Can't really think of one. That saddens me.

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We don't have any TV programs that are "ours." In fact, "our" TV viewing is a point of conflict.

We have one decent HDTV with a powered antenna for free broadcasts (that's right--no cable, no satellite, no streaming, etc). Unless I leave the living room, I "have to" watch many shitty programs that my wife actually likes (the new Hawaii Five O, Matlock reruns, Judge Judy, you get the idea). There is a reason that I read so much.

Oh I should mention this: The Walking Dead is coming to free TV. My wife has already said, very adamantly, that if I want to watch it I'll need to set up one of the old analog TVs with a converter box & an antenna. I gave up Grimm and Blacklist because they were "too gory" for my wife. This is the same woman who considers the "violence" in Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels to be graphic (the violence is minimal & sanitized).

Rant over.

4. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

OITB and GoT are "our" shows and can only be watched together.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

None really.

That said, we are looking forward to the premiere of Doctor Who this weekend.

• Like Like x 1