1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What TV shows do you watch

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by DAKA, Nov 1, 2014.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

"You guys" watch all kinds of TV that I never even heard about.
    Since I almost never watch anything on the "regular" channels (well, Blacklist and Person of interest excluded...but I record those and zip through the "pill" commercials) I have been watching a lot British shows on PBS, anyone watch Doc Martin....Downton Abbey, etc?
    Great stuff and NO PENIS STIFFENERS...

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Currently on my DVR
    Flash
    Arrow
    Dr. Who
    Constantine
    Black List
    Agents of Shield
    Grimm
    American Horror Story
    Grimm
    Gracepoint

3. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Agents of SHIELD
    Arrow
    Flash
    Constantine
    Gotham
    Hawaii 5-O
    Doctor Who
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Robot Chicken
    Elementary

Also awaiting the next series of "Sherlock."

These I get on iTunes, and so do not have to suffer commercials.

4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

On VH1 Classic: That Metal Show.
    Great if you are into classic heavy metal, anything from big hair bands of the eighties up to the current time.

5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

No DVR, but a few I watch if possible with my schedule.
    ------
    Cutthroat Kitchen
    Restaurant: Impossible
    Beat Bobby Flay

6. Ronzo

Ronzo New Member

Lillyhammer season 3
    Two broke girls
    PBS and Create

7. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Doc Martin...on PBS

8. thename New Member

Seinfeld
    TBBT
    2 Broke Girls
    A to Z

As you can, see, I love comedie.

9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Suits
    Big Bang Theory
    The Flash
    Craig Ferguson (I'm going to miss him)
    Agents of SHIELD
    Game of Thrones
    SNL
    Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Anthony Bourdain on whatever show he's on at the moment.

Sunday news shows

And ones I just watch spontaneously here and there for the most part, mostly I watch movies and specials on all the pay-channels and on-demand...on FiOS, I've got The Ultimate Package

I'm trying out The Librarians.
    Wanna see Galavant

ABC looks like it's starting to catch the momentum.
    CBS looks like it's losing some momentum
    Fox & NBC seem like same ol' shit (to me)

10. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Shows that I actually like to watch:

Antiques Roadshow. PBS.
    The Big Bang Theory. Yes, parts of it are really stupid, but overall it works. I give the credit to the chemistry between the cast members, not so much the writers.
    The Walking Dead. A couple of months ago we starting getting this on free TV. I had to tell my wife, "I don't give a shit if you don't like it, I'm watching it."
    Star Trek. The original series, reruns.
    Box Azteca, & Solo Boxeo. Just about the only boxing on free TV, & my Spanish sucks. I remember boxing on free TV, all three major networks. The golden age was just after the '76 Olympics through the mid '80s, before Sattelite Viewing (or whatever the precursor to PPV was called), and before the major cable channels started taking over boxing.

Some shows I sort of watch:
    Person of Interest. This show had a promising first season, but as I expected the writers couldn't keep it up. The implausibility factor, which was always present, is now throught the roof.
    Elementary. Not great, but somewhat entertaining.

11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I hardly ever watch TV with purpose aforethought. The only TV that I watch with any kind of regularity is the local news at 10pm. I do that probably three or four times each week.
    Except for a couple PBS offerings, I don't have even a cursory familiarity with most of the shows mentioned in this thread. Other than Hawaii 5-O, The Simpsons, Two Broke Girls, Star Trek, and a couple of others I haven't even heard of them.
    I think Big Bang Theory is utterly stupid, although I kind of like the fifties style canned laugh inserts.:D
    And I'll watch Star Trek the Next Generation when I run across it. I remember it fondly from my teen years, and Patrick Stewart tops my "Nasty from the Past-y" wish list.

Sig watches a lot more than I do, so sometimes I do get hooked in to something he is watching like NCIS-fill in the blank, Castle, or a food show.

Mostly, I'm just not willing to put up with the 36% to 49% of each viewing hour that is commercial messages. Average Hour-Long TV Show is 36% Commercials to access content that is of dubious value anyway.:(

I find it distracting to even be in the same room with a TV show going, so, while Sig watches, I'm usually in the next room with a book or on a computer, or in the basement listening to music on the stereo.

I don't want to call TV a complete wasteland, but with a few exceptions -- mostly live sports broadcasts -- I'm not willing to sit through the commercials for the sake of the shows.

• Like Like x 1
  12. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I record and blast past the commercials, for the last couple years I am addicted to The Good Wife, enjoy PBS, and live sporting events. I was a news junky for years until I realized that all stations are politically skeewed and no-one follows up cause they are desperate for the latest breaking story. CBS, local news, in the morning and thats about it.

13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Black Mirror
    Black Mirror
    Black Mirror

If you don't have Netflix or access to BBC stream this.
    It is genius, like an updated Twilight Zone written by William Burroughs with a movie budget.
    Wonderful, dark, twisted stuff.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

J'adore

15. artist New Member

I liked the one episode of Black Mirror I saw -- about the PM and the pig. It had my attention, for sure, but at the end it had me half buying, half not, the storyline. I liked Broadchurch a lot, and just finished S1 of The Fall, also good.

16. thorney

thorney New Member

Blacklist
    Better Call Saul
    The Americans
    Others I cannot think of right now
    Oh yea, the Daily Show