1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What would be your last meal on death row?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lish, Oct 26, 2013.

1. this is a difficult one to decide on. How can you even predict how someone's going to feel like just before they're put to death. I couldnt even imagine being hungry, let alone thinking about food. If i was on death row, and i was guitly, id be more concerned with what was on the other side and if there was any retribution.
    apparently you need to order your food in advance, and its got to be made in the prison, so no Big Macs here. But IF i were hungry, i'd choose something simple. a toasted cheese sandwich would probably do me.Something thats not going to get me messy after they're done with me.
    what would you choose as a last meal on death row?

2. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

I understand the spirit of your question but honestly I would prefer to die with empty stomach empty bowels and empty bladder
    My body would be much easier to handle that way if there are people wanting to handle

I had given a LOT of thought on such things ...

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

That is tough because of the condition that it would have to be prepared in prison. I'm not terribly confident that even if you got what you specified, the fact that it was sourced and prepared through the prison might lower the chance that it would meet expectations.

On the other hand, by the time you are executed you've almost surely spent many, many years in a prison, so anything out of the ordinary would probably taste great.

Maybe a good bone-in ribeye, some lobster mac n cheese, maybe a French onion soup to start with, a nice big Cab, and a good single malt or bourbon for dessert.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Fruit, nuts, maybe some greens.

Washed down with fresh spring water, in a wooden cup, or clay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The more I think about it the more I think that less is best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSurgeOn

TheSurgeOn Getting Tilted

I wouldn't want to have anything too fattening.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Anything that took several years to prepare properly.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

The judges would have also accepted: "The heart of the person who authorized my death."

• Like Like x 3
  9. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Given I live in a country without a death penalty, maybe this might be better answered as "you are dying of a terminal illness and while you can still eat, what would you want to eat?"

So many tasty things. I'm not sure where to start.

Maybe, pan seared scallops for entree.

I'm thinking slow cooked Osso Bucco with freshly made fettuccine. My wife knows which recipe ;)

Creme Brulee for dessert.

10. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I'd probably go for cheese enchiladas, with some extra extra spicy salsa.

Other than that, everything I thought of was very place-specific (Cincinnati foods like LaRosa's pizza, Gold Star Chili, cupcakes from Central Pastry...), or foods made by my family (my mom's Texas sheet cake, my grandpa's potato soup, my stepdad's mushroom, pineapple, and red pepper kabobs...or something like Lordeden 's eggplant parmigiana or veg biscuits & gravy.) I don't think they'd be quite as good in prison.

Hmmm...tiramisu and a good cup of coffee would be excellent, too.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

rib eye,lobster,rice,broccoli .......and carrots.

washed down with Beer of course.

oh man....kill me now.

12. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Soul food.

13. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

My mom's country fried steak. Mac and cheese and collard greens. Cornbread and pecan pie. Sweet tea.

14. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

I hear special brownies make you not care about what is happening, so that thought comes to mind. Not that they would serve it.

15. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

So you're all about to die and you want to eat more death!??

Go vegan. It's your last chance.

(to love life)

16. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

yes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

hmm...well, since I'm going to die, I don't care about diet anymore.

I love cheese...brie, quesadillas, etc...
    Or hot wings and pizza and a nice beer.
    Or just a good meal of my mom's simple recipe of goulash (ground beef, tomato soup, garlic & pasta)...with a large glass of milk.

Pretty much anything that I eat now when I want to feel sated & full.

18. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Thread bump! @Lordeden and I were talking about this last night, and I said, "I think that might have been a thread on TFP..." And here it is.

Everything in my previous answer still sounds delicious. I believe that last night I said I'd go for a veggie bowl from Chipotle, with a bottle of chipotle pepper Tabasco sauce.

19. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Big ass porterhouse steak, baked potato, salad, roll and a gallon of sweet tea.

20. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'll go with this. That sounds just about perfect.