1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Where are you more likely to post?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by fflowley, Aug 27, 2011.

1. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

The new board has me thinking about where I tend to make my posts.
    I think I have a clear preference for threads with few replies prior to mine.
    It's a real rarity for me to post in something that is spilling into its second, third page or beyond.
    Why?
    I think I am hoping to connect at some level with the original poster, and my replay will hopefully be seen by them if there are only a few.
    Also, I'm not as articulate and entertaining on these interwebs as some of you are. Which means that if I post after a bunch of people my reply will go totally ignored.

Where would you be more likely to post?

2. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

Depends on the topic for me. Sometimes the larger threads are fun because of the large amount of views, or the large amount of people disagreeing with one or two posters. I've been on both sides of that one, each are equally entertaining for me.

3. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Food, and the arts. I'm fat, listen to music, and take pictures.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Food. I love to eat.

5. Ourcrazymodern?

Ourcrazymodern? still, wondering

Total ignorance is not to be respected, mine,
    since I might own the whole damn world but fail to contain my parts,
    while watching things go on around can make me dizzy.

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I want to connect with the original poster's topic, but I might post at any point. Subsequent posts educate me, develop my response and invoke thoughts I did not know I had. I make sure to study threads I come back to or arrive late at, and also refer often to the original poster's topic and amplification, for it is my compass, my guiding star.

7. atimnie New Member

Entertainment, arts, games.

8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Entertainment, probably. Books, music, and movies are where my main interests lie (lay?) For whatever reason, I've mostly steered clear of posting games and found on the net on this version.

Mostly, I just hit "what's new" and go from there. Half the time I don't even pay attention to which sub-forum the discussion's in.

9. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Like cin, I really don't pay attention to the forums. I just hit the 'what's new?' and click on anything that appeals to me.

10. cj2112

cj2112 Slightly Tilted

What she said.

11. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Food (I love to cook)
    Canadian/International Politics (I love a good debate)
    Humanity Stories (I want to grow as a person)
    Relationship Stores (because I think I'm an expert)
    Sports (because I've always grown up around sports...)