1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Remixer, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

As I mentioned in my Introduction thread on here, I plan on visiting my sister in the US sometime this winter. Will probably be a 1-week trip across the Atlantic.

I'm really liking this place here and would love to get to know you guys more, and get drunk with you. That, and me being very flexible in what route I take to my sister's result in this:

What city in the US is connected to the most members? Does anybody know?

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Do you have access yet to Member's Playground, Remixer?
    If not, ask a mod/admin for it, since your post total is high enough.

4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I guess I'm in as good a position as anyone to know.

There are pockets of folks scattered. There's a fairly large contingent in Chicago. There's another group in New York. There are a few in LA. There are actually more than expected in North Carolina, and few more in the DC area. There are also folks in Florida, although they're scattered across a pretty big state. The same is true for Texas. There even a few folks in Indiana.

If there are specific folks you're looking for, Plan9 has given you a pretty good key to where a lot of folks are. I'm in Chicago, but I'm notoriously flakely. That said, if your sister is traveling with you and, more imporantly, she's hot, I'm more likely to show up. Ask around. It's true.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Remixer

Thanks for the tip, but I want to find out what city has the highest concentration of members. Unless I can only select from the few of the herd that posted in the thread you mentioned?

6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

he's even more likely to show up if YOU are hot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. the_jazz

What's it say about you that I didn't show when you were in town?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Random McRandom

I was never there. Even if I were, I wasn't going to Boystown to find you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Remixer

See, I'll be flying with Emirates (standard airline for me because of frequent flyer goodies), so I have either JFK or LAX to go through. LAX from Dubai is majorly retarded, though, so it will be JFK.

My sister lives in Springfield, Missouri (I think it's that state) and I have the option, if I don't want to make extra detours, to go through Chicago, Washington or Kansas.

She's ugly. (reminds me of that really old song "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, get an ugly woman as your wife")

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You just quoted a Jimmy Soul song. That's really weird. And Missouri isn't a state, it's a shithole. Like Ohio and southern Georgia.

You know what's worse than LAX from Dubai? Flying from domestic location to domestic location in the USA. Oh, it's a real treat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Remixer

Yeah, that's the one!

12. the_jazz

No, you'd be going to Boystown to find yourself a fine, strapping young lad to sodomize. Duh.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Random McRandom

That is obviously truth.. but I won't go while you're there. It would be too awkward trying to pick up the same dudes.

• Like Like x 3
  14. the_jazz

Well, Springfield is the most common city name in the US, so you could be right. Or not.

Personally, I'd say figure out which of us you actually want to meet, then plan from there. Or figure out what you want to see and see if there are TFP-ers nearby.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Would you two give up the marriage w/kids act and give in to your hamassesoouhl swashbuckling desires already?

Brokeback Mountain 'n shit.

...and I'm the one that derails threads.

Remixer,

I'm noticing a trend that involves your username and talk of anal sex.

Don't let them get you too.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Remixer

Got to do it either way, at least give me a nice ride to your country.

I just hope immigration won't question all my trips to Afghanistan (stamps on passport) and label me a security risk...

I wonder, if my American friends here could help over there.
    --- merged: Sep 13, 2011 7:20 PM ---
    Honestly, I'm good with everyone (I hope). And as they say, the more the merrier.

I'd like to pick and choose based by numbers, but if some people don't like me/wouldn't be bothered to go out, I hope I will find out in time.

17. Random McRandom

That^

If you want to oil-wrestle..meet up with niner..if you want to drink rum and chase hobbits.. meet up with Eden and his wench. (sorry Cinn :D ) I think the major cluster of people is in/around Chi-town these days but what do I know? I just found out I go to boystown on a daily basis.

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Nice try, Stereotypical International Terrorist!

/GWoT Awareness

19. Remixer

I'm not really bent on one activity (will have to consider oil wrestling, though) and I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to going out and having a drink (got that from the Aussies). No bad blood here.

Oh no, you caught me! Gotta call my uncle Osama quick to get me out of he.... fuck, he's dead.

20. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm in NYC, I don't live in JFK but I frequent it a good amount.

I don't drink anymore, you wouldn't like me if we went out drinking. I had a bad habit of getting people sitting to the right and left of me totally wasted, like can't find their pants, wallet, way home wasted.

I recently met an old coworker on the train. I hadn't seen him for at least 6-8 years. His parting words as he left the train, "OMG, that Christmas party!!! You!!!! You!!!!"

[​IMG]

I'd still be happy to meet you... you can drink. I'll watch.