1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

win win

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Sep 14, 2017.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

as some of you know my wife and I foster dogs from time to time. both of my pits are rescue dogs and they are both foster failures (which means we fostered them and decided to keep them). the lady that runs one of the fosters that we have dealt with for years (and got my daughters blue pit from) sent me a link yesterday and asked me to fill it out. bacislly it is a place where you submit your story from how you got your rescue dog. for every one that is submitted the that particular dog rescue gets money from petco. so basically I did it so she could get free money for her rescue. and we can win money also. so its a win win

it was a very simple process. I submitted the application with 500 words or less along with the pictures that they asked for. This was my story. Just asking for your opinion. does it sound ok? or is it worded wrong? I kinda threw it together yesterday. if im not mistaken the top story they pick wins 10k. and it had a link to previous year winners and some of those stories were heartfelt. I personally don't think I will win but the rescue automatically gets money so its worth it.

here it is.

We have fostered many dogs over the years, Neptune was a foster failure. He was pulled for a couple in Georgia and we were fostering him for Lifesavers, took them on a meet and greet at a local park and after noticing that he was still a puppy they declined to adopt him. Lifesavers don't just adopt to anyone, They make sure that the dog will be a good fit in the household You could see the disappointment in his eyes when we got back in the truck. over the next few days he seemed to be very lethargic and down. After seeing him interact with my 7 year old (at the time) daughter it seemed that he just wanted a human to love and call his own. We noticed that sometimes he seemed to be a little slow mentally epically for a puppy. We took him to the vet for him to be neutered and they informed us that he more than likely had parvo as a puppy, and will probably always be a little slow. During his recovery from his surgery he and my daughter formed a special bond that only a child and dog can have. Over the next few weeks while Lifesavers Animal Rescue was making arraignments for him to be transported to another state you could see the bond grow, not only with my daughter, but with our other dog and our family as well. When my daughter was sick he would lay with her, when it was bed time he would be in the bed ready to protect her against anything that the night would bring. When it was time for school he would look out the window as if he was telling her to have a good day and he would be waiting for her return. After about 2 weeks of seeing this my wife and I contacted Cindy and asked what we needed to do to be labeled a foster failure. After some paperwork Neptune had a family to call his own. We went to petco and bought him his very own collar and name tag. When we placed it on his neck it seemed as if he knew that we loved him just as much as he loved us. I'm not sure who was happier, my daughter or Neptune. He and my daughter have a special bond, they do almost everything together. And when she comes in from school or any daily activity they act as if they haven't seen each other in a month. They love each other as a child and a dog should. Foster animals are the best. They are given a second chance, no matter what their previous owners did. There is no greater bond than that of a child a dog. That is an unconditional love that will never be taken away or changed. Every family should have a foster pet. It will make their life and the animals life better.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

thank you, I am trying to win it but it is doubtful

• Like Like x 1
  4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  6. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Nice.....only people who have adopted dogs really understand..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I think anyone who fosters gets it.

We fostered 2 kittens that had to be returned to the no kill shelter. We had kept them a week and realized they really enjoyed being with us always moving to the same room as we moved about. I was supposed to bring them to be shown a week later and Skogafoss wanted me to make sure I brought other kitties back home if they got adopted. I said I could not guarantee bringing any cats home. I suggested we adopt these two kittens. We told the shelter we would just adopt them and about 12 years later we still have them.

These kitties are our constant companions in the house and are quite distressed when we go away for extended periods of time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Love a HAPPY ENDING....(not that kind, get your mind out f the gutter)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ralphie250

lol thanks

and my mind stays in the gutter

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Only edit I could come up with is "He was pulled for a couple in Georgia" I think that should be "...from a couple..."

You're a good man Ralphie.

• Like Like x 1