1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

would a 30w speaker be appropriate for an outdoors party?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Champagne Chris Kanyon, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

It's actually 15W per speaker and they don't specify rms, which implies that 15w is a max, rather than an average.

Best guess, this will be wimpy outside. The speakers seem to be positioned as kitchen or bedroom speakers.
    Fwiw, I use 60w rms in a small home office. I would expect my system would sound fine as background music outside; but no one will be dancing.

3. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  4. omega

omega Very Tilted

The problem with those is they are projecting from one point. So all the sound will be concentrated in one area. If you make it loud enough to hear at a distance it will be shouty up close.

5. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I haven't heard that specific device; but NAD and PSB make good stuff.

6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Depends on what kind of music, and what you mean by "background." A jazz trio recording, solo acoustic guitar, string quartet, won't need much power or volume. That music for background doesn't need to be loud.
    OTOH, if you want to play metal, hip-hop, or punk, you need loud. But I wouldn't choose that music for background.