1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your "type"

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Herculite, May 12, 2014.

1. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Having the lifestyle I do lead to an interesting situation. Sitting on a couch, just chatting away about whatever together were five women I've had sex with over the last year or so at some point. It didn't really dawn on me until a while after.

What I realized is that they were all under 5'5" (except for my wife who is slightly taller) and all the same body type. I can't say though that I "picked" them for this reason specifically. I somewhat wonder if perhaps, I might be as much their type as they are mine.

Its sort of one of those questions, are you good at what you like, or do you like what you are good at? I'm not short but I think the tallest women I've been with is about 5'8" and the majority have been much shorter. The women in my family are all relatively short as well.

So, while the sample size isn't huge, its not like I have been with 100's of women, the trend is obvious.

Do others see a trend in their behavior here?

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

hmm...I don't have a type per se IRL.
    While I have a tendency to like certain things in media that I desire. (Mediterranean, saucy and such...even then there is no rule)

The ladies I seem most attracted to are those who go after me as much as I go after them.
    Then when we get together...they trend to be very sexual in nature...very passionate, no holds barred.
    Personality wise, they tend to be now talkative and intelligent, interested in everything.

I'm REALLY into eyes, I find that most have bigger eyes. (no particular color)
    Softer skin, fuller lips, and curves...
    I hate very thin eyebrows...or penciled in ones.

Again, that's not a rule or pattern, anything goes as long as they show interest.
    I'm not one for the chase.

And I hate to say it, but their features have to "click" with me...sorry, to say I don't just go out with anyone. It just has to hit me.
    But that "hit" can grow on me too. Over minutes, hours, days. Does that make sense??
    I know there are horn-dogs out there that will just do anyone, anything that moves.
    NTTAWWT, but it just isn't me.
    I'm a player, but not a Player. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Couple of Firefly quotes both from Wash.
    I like large ladies.
    Large in heart, personality, body, and strength.
    A woman who will stand at my side or cover my back, someone who is my equal and I trust absolutely.
    I just have a thing for warrior woman, tanks who can cut their way through a wall of trolls all day and fuck all night.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I'm into both Amazonian and Rubenesque types. In most cases, 5'8" and above is ideal. Anywhere near 6' is the sweet spot.

I like outgoing but not bubbly—more your type-A alpha she-wolf sort, a hands-on type.

Some examples:
    • Gina Carano (5'8", used to have a career in literally beating people into submission)
    • Christina Hendricks (a bit short at 5'7", but she has the right curves)
    • Lucy Lawless (5'9", portrayed Xena: Warrior Princess)
    • Venus Williams (6'1", and, my gods, those arms)
    • Red Sonja (indicated as 5'11", and she's sometimes portrayed a bit on the skinny side, but she makes up for it by being a she-devil with a sword)
    Unfortunately, because of silly standards, there isn't much of the Rubenesque going on in popular culture.--- merged: May 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM ---
    Yes, yes! I should also add Zoë Washburne as portrayed by Gina Torres (who's just over 5'8"): godsdamned hawt.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Looking back over the people I've (seriously) dated, they don't really have much in common physically. The repeating factors there are geeky, smart, and cynical.

As for men I've crushed on/swooned over/only had a sexual relationship with... they tend to be tall--six feet at least, with darker hair that's "fluffy." Not necessarily "long," but that past-the-ears-maybe-a-bit-unkempt (but not unwashed) look. I think ZS described it as "hobbit hair" once.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

I tend to gravitate toward dark-haired women....probably my Mediterranean heritage behind that one. I definite go for women with slender figures as well. I go crazy for smart, sharp-witted women, too. I find that powerfully attractive, as well as a well-developed sense of humor. And, for reasons that I can't explain, attractive women with British accents make me crazy. I have no real idea why.

7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

FYI, she's playing Jessica Pearson on "Suits" now. One of my favorite shows.
    She's on most episodes, since she's managing partner of her law firm. And you're correct, she's damn fine, wicked smart too. (at least she sounds it)

8. Baraka_Guru

Yeah, I learned that recently. I'm not sure it's a show I'd enjoy though. My SO likes it.

9. How you doin BG?

I used to have a type....Meaty rugger guys. Threw that out the window and opened myself up to more. I fell in love with a weird little Asian man and now we have a beautiful daughter.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Baraka_Guru

How you doiiiiiin'...? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My husband wasn't my physical type when we met. He was clean shaven, a little preppy.
    But, good lord, that brain... Couldn't resist.
    Now, he's completely my type... beard, fit, AND witty, intelligent, sarcastic, and fun.

• Like Like x 2
  12. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

Looking at the evidence here so far, am I to understand that men are into bodies and women are into minds??

My mind is seriously blown.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

But we are talking sex partners, not life partners. That being said all the women were quite intelligent with a huge span of diversity in jobs. I rarely MEET stupid women to start with where sex is an option.

I think the difference is that I and a lot of males require both the body type AND the mental type. I've met some very smart women over the years, who I'd never fall for sexually. I've met some dumb attractive ones, who honestly don't do it for me either.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baraka_Guru

Why not both?

Also, do you even have a type?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I basically have two types.

The first is curvy and voluptuous, stacked hard with lots of hips, ass, and tits. Not a whole hell of a lot of celebrities in this type to give as an example: Christina Hendricks, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Mariah Carey, maybe Beyonce; on the more toned side of the spectrum, but still kind of there, maybe Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara, Kate Upton, Scarlett Johansson.... Basically, if they'd look good as Valkyries or tavern wenches, that's about right....

The second is naturally slim, basically built like a ballerina-- except the rare ballerina who's actually shaped like that, not just anorexic. Not a whole hell of a lot of celebrities in this type, either. Summer Glau would be number one on the list, and Julia Stiles; maybe Natalie Portman, Zoe Saldana, Emilie de Ravin, Emma Watson. Basically, this type is naturally willowy, long-legged, usually have apple bottoms and really pert little boobs.

Other than that, I have a thing for pale redheads-- preferably deep, fiery red, not just strawberry blonde, and very pale, creamy complexions-- and I also like dark brunettes, deep black hair, with olive or golden-brown skin, like Latinas, Mediterranean types, and so forth.

Don't get me wrong, I'll scope any nice-looking woman, regardless of her body type or hair color. And enjoy looking. But given my real preferences, in my ideal fantasies...those are my types.

Of course, all that is physical, what I like sexually. But in terms of relationship types, it's much clearer for me. A girl's got to be extremely smart, witty, literate, passionate, not closed off emotionally, willing to introspect, funny, and chill.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  16. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

All I am saying is that quite predictably, the men here have mostly listed physical features, and the women not so much.

I admit I have a type: women between the ages of say 30 and... AH SCREW THIS CAN I MEET THEM FIRST?

I feel the same way about "types" that I do about genre labels in music.

17. Baraka_Guru

I don't see a problem with it. We are, after all, talking about types.

On my own account, I've only really talked about a couple of aspects. There is a lot more to it than that.

Like a hipster?

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  18. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

In my experience, I've found that smart women are amazing lovers, so it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned, for the short or long term. Smart is seriously sexy to me, because I equate intelligence with mind blowing sex.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

My type have always been the ones that want to get naked with me.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

*jaw drops on desk*

So good.

I like nerdy girls with good hygiene habits. And goth chicks that don't take it too seriously. No fat chicks. No smokers. I don't really have a detailed favored physical attributes list or preferred race or age or whatever since I'm a huge slut.

You're cool, wanna fuck?

Let's do this.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 2