1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

your wiki list

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Jan 5, 2014.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Do you keep a list of wiki topics of interest in your favorites/bookmarks??
    What are yours??

**Hint...get rid of the main and repeating URL http:/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...otherwise the board will choke.

It's amazing what you collect over time...a bit random, but interesting.
    The scary part is that there is so much more...that you haven't kept, seen or thought of. (and this is just on the original wiki) ;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

3. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

The only Wikipedia pages I have bookmarked are a few with info I am likely to need for my web site.

On the other hand, I have made more than 2,000 edits to Wikipedia pages.

I have to remind myself of that whenever I see something on a Wikipedia page that should be fixed or improved. I've done my part -- I don't need to get bogged down in even more editing. Let somebody else do it.

4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Nah, I don't keep Wiki links.
    If I can't read the whole article at once, I don't need to know the rest. My brain, she ain't what she used to be.
    Besides, I use an article to surf to another article and so on. Ain't nobody got time enough to back-track. ;)

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

hmm...I guess no one else saves everything...well, at least it's organized under one folder, "wiki"

<---- weirdo

6. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I don't really bookmark much, it's faster to type in the only two pages I have are Normal Accidents (a book) and Eliminative Materialism. I forgot I had them bookmarked, it may have been by accident. My frequent articles are what you'd expect, lots of rocket science and politics.

7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I typically just type "w insert topic here" into the address bar to look at articles there. Don't know if that feature is available in Firefox but the w/e/g (wikipedia/ebay/google) shortcut is one of the browser features I use most heavily right after mouse gestures.