1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

TFP Pity Party! Everyone's Invited

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DamnitAll, Aug 7, 2011.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Ever feel sorry for yourself for no good reason? Welcome to the TFP Pity Party. All are welcome! Please check your self-righteous "HTFU and quit feeling sorry for yourselves" missives at the door.

And yes, this runs squarely in contrast to Cynthetiq's very eloquently posted "20 Mental Barriers You Should Let Go Of," but it's all in good fun, so why not? You might even feel better after you vent. I'm hoping I will.

I'll start…

My partner has a new BFF in the (online only) master's program she started about two months ago. Said BFF and her partner happened to be passing through town last weekend and arranged to stay over at our house, thus facilitating the first in-person encounter for all parties involved. We all had a grand old time together, everybody got along, it was hunky dory all around.

Fast forward to this weekend, where we are at the beach and said BFF and her partner happen to be here as well. We ended up getting together with them and two gay friends of theirs this evening at a bar, where I was basically ignored the entire time. My partner spent most of the evening with her back towards me talking to her BFF and BFF's partner while the gays busied themselves snarking at the unfashionable lesbians dancing at the bar. The kicker was when they all had agreed it was time to leave and simultaneously stood up to leave with me still sitting there, as nobody had bothered to tell me.

So I'm deeply peeved by all of this. On one hand, I'm peeved at having been ignored. On the other, an old seed of jealousy has sprung up again where I envy my partner for the many friendships she has managed to cultivate with people who seek out her companionship, whether in person when and where possible or via a constant stream of text message conversations at any time of day (or night).

I talk to animals. They're my friends. Sometimes I feel like they're all I've got.

/pity party

Your turn.

2. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

My ex-fiance broke up with me because she couldn't "afford" to live with me anymore. She felt guilty I was paying for everything.... she's lying to me, I've caught her in lies and the net result is me being bent over....

I only ask for spit....

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

How's this? I just wrote an entire page about how much something bothers me. It was very therapeutic. It would fit perfectly. I desperately want to post here but I can't because I won't be able to remove it later when I feel like enough strangers have read it for it to have a cathartic effect.

/pity party

• Like Like x 2
  4. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

all of my friends got kicked out of my "school" and i got in huge trouble so i can't leave so all i do now while i'm waiting for my sentence to be served is read 1984, the scarlett letter, and TFP forums all the while thinking that the friends i'm going to make wont be able to compare to the friends i've made and lost

5. Due to an extended period of unemployment I had not seen a dentist for three years. Well that has all changed in June when I had an abcess starting on a tooth. So now I am in the midst of a root canal to be followed by a crown, decided I really should have a dental check up, which I did on Monday. Followed bt two more dental appointments this week. And on Thursday I broke my glasses.

I need a loan!

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

My expressions of pain during my many debilitating childhood illnesses were labelled as "poor me syndrome", and I was forced to try to do stuff I knew I couldn't. Eg, doing a one mile runn whilst in the middle of an asthma attack is not possible. I was made to try and to feel a total failure when I couldn't. And I was in agony.
    Accepting that 'I was Bad' ... then, Shamed, I practiced what I considered to be selfless acts, at the cost of my health and probable longevity, and remained quiet in areas where I genuinely needed/deserved assistance

/Pity

7. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I'm sick and have my first final exam of grad school this morning.

I'm genuinely afraid I'm going to bomb it and go from getting an A in the class to a B or lower. Which sucks, because I have a fellowship to hold onto.

8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

All Strength To You. All Strength.

9. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

My panic attacks are getting worse and worse. Everyday it feels like my day was worse than the day before. I say this while having a beautiful gf, my own house, friends and a job.

It's truly a pity party.

10. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Despite earning a 3-year college diploma in marketing and an honours university degree in English (both with high marks), and despite being in the workforce full time for six and a half years, I only recently started making over $30K a year (I'm still under $40k though).

On top of that? I live in the most expensive city in the country: $1,250 a month for a 715 square foot apartment? Yes please!

Can I get a what, what for this pity partay?!

11. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I got married Tuesday night. She was too tired on our wedding night for sex. Last night too, though she had enough energy to email me a love letter, apologizing for not wanted sex, while I slept. Tonight she starts her night shift at the hospital... The rest of the week is looking bad for me.

</pity party>

12. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

All of the lawn chairs at the pool are occupied, and I don't have my own to take over there.

/firstworldproblems

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Spoke too soon... no pity allowed today

• Like Like x 4
  14. Saltpork

Saltpork New Member

One of my best friends and biggest drinking buddy (next door neighbor) and I haven't seen each other for 6 weeks....and I'm thirsty.

15. DrSublime

DrSublime New Member

My 5 soon to be 6 year old step son has now been kicked out of kindergarten two consecutive years and banned from coming back. Last year he lasted 2 days. He lasted 3 this year before expulsion... He is also autistic

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

16. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

it's about 250,000 degrees outside and my dog is wanting to be walked...i want to wear shorts or a skirt but i haven't shaved my legs in a couple of weeks...i just looked in my refrigerator and shit is piled in there like a jr. high school gym locker and i don't feel like cleaning it because i would rather just sit down and drink beer and watch an episode of hell's kitchen...but i would have to drive to the store to get some beer and it's about 250,000 degrees outside.

'tis a pity.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Saltpork

Saltpork New Member

thank you for that....I laughed so hard that a tear ran down my leg.

18. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I just found out that my favorite guy working in the cafeteria where I work quit his job today.

He deserves the pity party much more than I do. It'll suck for the rest of us not to have him around.

19. No thanks... I'm good.

20. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Seems that low-carb and spirits doesn't work for me. Had a small glass of brandy today during a BBQ party...feeling sick - again... Last time with cognac I practiced the art of porcelain spray painting. I was hoping it was a fluke, but now I'm not that sure...
    Damn! I'm SO fond of whiskey and was really looking forward to Saturdays party night :(