1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Vodka!!!

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Craven Morehead, Oct 12, 2011.

1. A thread for vodka (jump in Remixer)

My favorite is Grey Goose on the rocks with a lemon squeeze. A little too much of a favorite, at times. I've been known to have..... ahem, a few. We'll just leave it at that.

Usually have a bottle in the fridge, also keep some low end vodka around for bloody marys. Typically that would be Mr and Mrs T Bold and Spicy Bloody Mary mix.

What's your favorite vodka?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

All Hail the Vodka Thread!

My favourite "pure" Vodka is either Absolut Vodka or Smirnoff Triple Distilled. For the pure vodka, I always mix it with Red Bull (since Istanbul also with that BURN energy drink) and two ice cubes. The vodka/energy proportion of my drinks is usually 40/60. When there's no energy drink available (such as in fancy restaurants - why do they have such poorly equipped bars? 200 different wines, but not a single fucking energy drink!), I'll make do with a diet coke.

Should my favourite brands not be available, I'll do Grey Goose or SKYY as well.

On the cheap Vodka... when I was in Germany, I had tons of "Wodka Gorbatschow" on the rocks. Wasn't the best, but good enough to get drunk.

When it comes to flavoured Vodka, I love Absolut Vanilla together with Diet Coke and 2 ice cubes. Also really like Absolut Raspberry by itself with 3 ice cubes.

Once I start having my beloved Vodka, there's no stopping me. Every drink has to be double-shot Vodka (whichever one I chose), and I'll do at least 8 of them in 2-3 hours.

Fun times.

3. This thread is NOT about CinnamonGirl. (Vodka is my nickname for her.)

Mmmmm Grey Goose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

Smirnoff or bust for just straight up distilled putrid pommes de terre. i've had a vanilla martini once (presumably with vanilla vodka but i don't remember) and it was fucking. amazing. haven't had any other flavored ones though.

5. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

My roots are from a country called Estonia which is located just south of Finland. The vodka culture there is huge - being on the doorstep to Russia helps.

My favourite vodkas are from there. I luckily get a couple of bottles a year from there when friends visit. My favourite is Viru Valge. I drink it neat (cold).

[​IMG]

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I've always mostly drank Grey Goose. I usually keep some of that and some Stoli at home. If I'm drinking it on the rocks I drink GG. If I am mixing it with tonic or something else I use the Stoli.

But honestly I like most good vodkas. Belvedere, Chopin, and GG probably being my three favorites for drinking straight. Oh, and Ketel One, I knew I was leaving one out.

7. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

You silly silly people.

The only vodka mentioned that is worth a shit is Chopin. The vodka that destroys all is Ketel One.

Vodkas should be consumed straight, slightly (and by slightly I mean very slightly) chilled. No rocks, no flavors, none of that crap.

If however you can't consume vodka straight, then grab the Ketel and mix it into a Madras. (2 parts Oj, 2 parts vodka and a splash of cranberry)

Flavored vodka? Puhlease. Don't even get me started on that. Just ask amonkie.

/vodkasnob

• Like Like x 1
  8. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I forgot to mention, I had a couple of bottles of 42below Vodka in Australia. Hella good stuff.

Don't knock the flavoured Vodka, Glory. At least I'm not talking about those retarded Alcopops.

9. and then there's this....

10. What a waste of good vodka. And gummi bears.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Those vids make me incredibly sad :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Vodka with cranberry and soda is a great drink. When mixing I typically don't care what cheaper brand I use - usually Stoli or Absolut or something.

13. My favorite vodka is... all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

aunt phil used to drink ketel one until i turned her on to skyy but then we discovered summum in the total wine store up in atlanta a couple of weeks ago - good stuff...

it's still all a matter of taste...

15. Never heard of summum. Is that vodka?

16. uncharted

uncharted Vertical

Went through a vodka phase. Tried the best I could get my hands on. After the realization that I was no vodka connoisseur, and that I preferred not to taste my vodka...thus began a search for the best compromise. Maximum drink-ability, minimal to no hangover, not-too-crazy price range. My goto is usually Grey Goose and soda/tonic+lime...depends on the mood. Realized I don't like beet vodka or potato, but prefer grain. Stolichnaya seems to fit the bill. Pretty amazing the quality for the price.

17. Agree, Stoli has good value

18. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

it is...

it's french...

19. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

20. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

We ONLY drink potato vodka LUKSKOVIA (?) Pardon the spelling, we are on the road visiting in VT of all places and they didn't have the F****N stuff in the state store in NH when we passed through