1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to...

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Tully Mars, Aug 23, 2011.

1. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

2. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

Crickets, and the occasional coyote.

3. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

The FADER #78 podcast
    Double rap covers make for our secret favorite mixes. The FADER #78 podcast is warmly hip-hopped out, featuring a totally bonkers, previously unreleased Danny Brown track and a healthy dose of songs by LA’s Black Hippy crew laced throughout. When other genres blend in, things get beautifully weird: Young Sam mashed into Maria Minerva, Schoolboy Q rapping over an ecstatic Unicorn Kid instrumental. Not to mention Ceremony’s hardcore, Action Bronson’s peculiar Queens anthem, an intro by recent office visitor 2 Chainz and great songs by Lower Dens and The Congos. Download the tracks as a mix below, or buy songs individually on the MyMusicRX app. A percentage of each iTunes purchase made through MyMusicRX benefits the Children’s Cancer Association.

I thought I heard this before; I was wrong - I'm listening to it now.

4. Lily

Lily Getting Tilted

5. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Saturday, I visited my mother, little knowing I'd be doing something I've avoided doing for most of my life.

"Hello Son ... lovely to see you ... come in ... sit down ... sit down ... here's a cornish pasty we're going to watch this."

This one did get to me I'd be interested to hear more by her
    ... Macedonia :)

6. ring

ring

7. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

8. redux

redux Very Tilted

9. redux

redux Very Tilted

Speed's Blue Oyster reminded me of Blue Oyster Cult

10. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Absolutely hilarious

11. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

12. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

13. redux

redux Very Tilted

Yesterday, Bob Dylan (along with Toni Morrison, John Glenn and others) received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the country's highest civilian honor.

14. Lily

Lily Getting Tilted

--- merged: May 30, 2012 5:12 PM ---

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  15. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

This has been stuck in my head for the last couple days.

16. Speed_Gibson

I have that one one of my youtube playlists and play it at random intervals.
    Currently playing a Bill Gaither Homecoming video, one of the slightly older ones with many people that have passed since.
    MST3K videos have been heavy on my viewing time lately. I tend to watch part of them, then might get back to them and finish it.

17. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

18. Speed_Gibson

The Guild - Do You Wanna Date My Avatar
    I have to blame CinnamonGirl for showing this track to me in the first place via this thread. :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

The Fader #79
    [​IMG]

Philip Glass is an icon of the avant-garde, which more or less means the star of FADER #79
    is a weirdo of mythic proportions. In that spirit, and in his honor, we’ve crafted one of
    our most delightfully strangest podcasts yet.

Playlist: (and proceeds)
    Just five songs, clocking in at under 20 minutes, the mix covers Kindness’ “lo-fi with hi-fi values” disco, Bola’s Ghanaian stomp, a delicate song from Julia Holter and a huge one from Glass’ recently completed Symphony No. 9, before heading clubwards with Slava and the Russian artist Vtgnike, from Nicolas Jaar’s compilation inside a cube. Interspersed samples include inspirational words from Ron Morelli of L.I.E.S., the morning routine of Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire, Miami rapper Gunplay’s best coke-rat impression and FADER’s own Alex Frank and Mobolaji Dawodu imagining Philip Glass’ apartment. Download the tracks as a mix below, or buy songs individually on the MyMusicRX app. A percentage of each iTunes purchase made through MyMusicRX benefits the Children’s Cancer Association.

[thebestican.]

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll