Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community  

Go Back   Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community > Chatter > General Discussion


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Upright
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
What don't you like about yourself?

I don't mean to be so depressing, but I think it's a legitimate question to ask. Everyone has something that they don't like about themselves, whether it be some physical characteristic, a personality trait, a illegitmate fear or idiosyncrasy, or a something that you're ignorant about. I'll share a few of mine, and i'm interested to see what you guys have to say.


**I hate that i'm hyper-sensitive. My feelings get easily hurt because I read way too much into things.

**I hate that i'm not more of a critical thinker. I feel like a lot of time I don't really think for myself...instead of coming to my own conclusion about something, i'll find out what other people think, try to understand different points of view, THEN make my own decision based on the info that i've gathered. I wish that I felt confident enough to just take a stance from the get-to.

**I hate my small ears. Apparently they're not proportionate to the size of my head and people seem to think that it's crucial that they point out this fact to me...just in case I had no idea that I have teeny-weeny baby ears.
__________________
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer!"
Xavion is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Reverend Side Boob
 
Bear Cub's Avatar
 
Location: Nofe Curolina
Weight, height.
__________________
Living in the United Socialist States of America.
Bear Cub is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: My head.
^^ Y'know, napoleon complex is now neither complex nor unique anymore. Me too though, hate my height and weight. But I'm working on it.
Xerxys is offline  
Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
I Confess a Shiver
 
Plan9's Avatar
 
I wish the bones in my hands were larger.

I've got crappy teeth. They're too soft.

I have a hard time investing myself emotionally.

I'm so practical sometimes that it hurts.
__________________
Whatever you can carry.

"You should not drink... and bake."
Plan9 is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Paladin of the Palate
 
LordEden's Avatar
 
Location: Redneckville, NC
I don't like anything about myself, but then, I've got issues.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka_Guru View Post
In my own personal experience---this is just anecdotal, mind you---I have found that there is always room to be found between boobs.
Vice-President of the CinnamonGirl Fan Club - The Meat of the Zombiesquirrel and CinnamonGirl Sandwich
LordEden is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Upright
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post
I have a hard time investing myself emotionally.
When you say this, do you mean that you have a hard time investing in things (tasks) emotionally..or do you mean have a hard time investing in people emotionally.

I ask because sometimes i feel like I should give more of a shit about something...but i just can bring myself to do it. People, work, life in general...i feel like i should be more invested and more passionate, but usually i'm more apathetic.

(Does any of that make sense...maybe i'm just rambling at this point.)
__________________
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer!"
Xavion is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Riding the Ocean Spray
 
BadNick's Avatar
 
Location: S.E. PA in U Sofa
Too often for my own satisfaction, I too easily put off doing things I should just get done....I guess procrastinate is the right word. Other than that, I'll think of what else is wrong later.
BadNick is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
We work alone
 
LoganSnake's Avatar
 
Location: Cake Town
Due to my extremely fast metabolism, I have never in my life weighted over 145 pounds. Working out 5 days a week didn't help either. Not a fan of my weight.

I cannot suspend realism and be romantic. It hurts people.

I assume the worst first, then I think about alternative and most likely outcomes.

I don't care enough.
__________________
Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future. Common sense is knowing that you should try not to be an idiot now. - J. Jacques
LoganSnake is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kick Ass Kunoichi
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Location: Oregon
I worry too much. I spend a lot of my day agonizing over tiny details that really do not matter, that no one else cares about. This sometimes leads to panic attacks; sometimes I am able to talk myself down/out of it.
__________________
If I am not better, at least I am different. --Jean-Jacques Rousseau
snowy is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
warrior bodhisattva
 
Baraka_Guru's Avatar
 
Super Moderator
Location: East-central Canada
I lack both motivation and direction.

I fear both failure and success.
__________________
Knowing that death is certain and that the time of death is uncertain, what's the most important thing?
—Bhikkhuni Pema Chödrön

Humankind cannot bear very much reality.
—From "Burnt Norton," Four Quartets (1936), T. S. Eliot
Baraka_Guru is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cheers
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Location: Eastcoast USA
My boobs are too big, I've got more money than I know what to do with, I own a Brewery, my butt is too firm, I'd rather watch football and eat buffalo wings, and I'm too easy....I mean what's there for a guy to like?

ok...serious now...making myself do things I don't want to do, like paperwork...grrr

__________________
..."Say what you think. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Shell; 11-28-2009 at 05:10 PM..
Shell is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Soaring
 
PonyPotato's Avatar
 
Location: Ohio!
I currently lack all motivation.

I tend toward taking people seriously, and taking phrases personally, rather than recognizing jokes or sarcasm.

I'm locked up in my brain too much.
__________________
"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark."
— Henri-Frédéric Amiel
PonyPotato is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
I Confess a Shiver
 
Plan9's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavion View Post
When you say this, do you mean that you have a hard time investing in things (tasks) emotionally..or do you mean have a hard time investing in people emotionally.

I ask because sometimes i feel like I should give more of a shit about something...but i just can bring myself to do it. People, work, life in general...i feel like i should be more invested and more passionate, but usually i'm more apathetic.
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to people. Between being solo for most of my later childhood, spending a few years in the military and getting my hand slapped by the relationship ruler a zillion times... I don't really want to put myself out there for people because I feel like if we don't have a "working" (as in a job) relationship, it's often just a waste of my time because I'll either never see the person again after a set period or they'll do something to hurt me after I take off the body armor and expose my soft pink torso to their targeting computer.

So much of life has become a cost/benefit analysis.

I compensate for this by telling morbid jokes. Nothing like some "dead baby" humor to make up for my lack of tact and empathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSnake View Post
I cannot suspend realism and be romantic. It hurts people.
Good way of putting it. I've been accused of the same thing a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
I worry too much. I spend a lot of my day agonizing over tiny details that really do not matter, that no one else cares about. This sometimes leads to panic attacks; sometimes I am able to talk myself down/out of it.
Yeah, control is really important for Type A people. I don't want to do group projects because my group consists of dumbass college kids that don't care about proper APA citations, how to do a killer exposition, or the importance of not clashing colors in a PPT. Just let me do it myself.
__________________
Whatever you can carry.

"You should not drink... and bake."

Last edited by Plan9; 11-25-2009 at 09:04 AM..
Plan9 is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
hmm...

I'm pretty fucking awesome so this is a difficult question..

I think my biggest issue is I tend to over-argue things. Whether I win or lose, I'll keep arguing my point just to make sure the point got across.
Glory's Sun is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Kick Ass Kunoichi
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post
Yeah, control is really important for Type A people. I don't want to do group projects because my group consists of dumbass college kids that don't care about proper APA citations, how to do a killer exposition, or the importance of not clashing colors in a PPT. Just let me do it myself.
Amen.
__________________
If I am not better, at least I am different. --Jean-Jacques Rousseau
snowy is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Young Crumudgeon
 
Martian's Avatar
 
Location: Canada
I worry about coasting.

I've gotten so used to just getting by on my wit and intuition. If something comes along that I really need to apply myself to I don't know if I'll be able to do it.

Sometimes I'm an asshole. Okay, actually it's pretty frequent. Most of the time I'm okay with that, but occasionally I know that I've really hurt someone and that I can't do a thing about it. It's hard to feel good about myself when that happens.
__________________
I wake up in the morning more tired than before I slept
I get through cryin' and I'm sadder than before I wept
I get through thinkin' now, and the thoughts have left my head
I get through speakin' and I can't remember, not a word that I said

- Ben Harper, Show Me A Little Shame
Martian is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sitting in a tree
 
Location: Atlanta
height
don't trust anyone
paranoid
prefer being alone instead of social situations (this has gotten much worse over the past 5 years) - my social life is booming online, but irl, I got nothin anymore. I could, but I just choose not to.
just coasting through life with zero ambition - makes for an unhappy person overall
drug and cigarette dependence
wooÐs is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Here
 
World's King's Avatar
 
Location: Denver City Denver
I'm way too good looking.

I'm the best at everything I do. It's almost unfair for people around me.
__________________
heavy is the head that wears the crown
World's King is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.
 
Willravel's Avatar
 


Also, ego, biases, and the like. I prefer objectivity and humility.
Willravel is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Une petite chou
 
noodle's Avatar
 
Location: With All Your Base
Tendency towards procrastination, emphasis on sarcasm at inopportune times, habit of living more in my head and not communicating, weight/fitness, spectacular ability to make excuses.

What do I like?
I'm really intelligent, able to grasp abstract concepts, doing well in school, losing weight despite the MRSA toe and inability to work out, I have pretty great hair some days and my eyes are nice. I'm also pretty damn good at giving advice, offering comfort and relating to people when the situation calls for it and when it's appropriate. My emotional, rational, and concrete intelligence are pretty good.
__________________
Here's how life works: you either get to ask for an apology or you get to shoot people. Not both. House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9
Just realize that you're armed with smart but heavily outnumbered.
The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. Ayn Rand
noodle is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Asshole
 
The_Jazz's Avatar
 
Administrator
Location: Chicago
This (let it run):



and my inability to take most things seriously.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - B. Franklin
"There ought to be limits to freedom." - George W. Bush
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo
The_Jazz is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
With a mustache, the cool factor would be too much
 
Fremen's Avatar
 
Location: left side of my couch, East Texas
I don't like the fact I can't grow facial hair, other than spotty whiskers that make me look like a hormonal teenage boy.

The avatar's a lie!!
__________________
Google
Fremen is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Tilted
 
vainღ♥♡jane's Avatar
 
Location: here until i'm there
i dislike that i am so sensitive. its just so hard for me to care.

i dislike that i am a procrastinator. i can have a list of things to do at the beginning of the day, and fritter away a week on the computer before i attempt to complete the list again.
__________________
take off your shirt!
vainღ♥♡jane is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Paladin of the Palate
 
LordEden's Avatar
 
Location: Redneckville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I don't like the fact I can't grow facial hair, other than spotty whiskers that make me look like a hormonal teenage boy.

The avatar's a lie!!
My world just crumbled.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka_Guru View Post
In my own personal experience---this is just anecdotal, mind you---I have found that there is always room to be found between boobs.
Vice-President of the CinnamonGirl Fan Club - The Meat of the Zombiesquirrel and CinnamonGirl Sandwich
LordEden is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: My head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I don't like the fact I can't grow facial hair, other than spotty whiskers that make me look like a hormonal teenage boy.

The avatar's a lie!!
I don't like this thread anymore ... can someone please close it and we have to have a serious conversation about breaking reality, it's not fair to the rest of us ...
Xerxys is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Upright
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
Ditto Xerxys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxys View Post
I don't like this thread anymore ... can someone please close it and we have to have a serious conversation about breaking reality, it's not fair to the rest of us ...
Agreed. I wanted to have a serious discussion, but all the joke-sters are just having too much fun with this.
__________________
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer!"
Xavion is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
Addict
 
Location: Portland, OR
Since I'm single, I don't like my relationship abilities. If I'm in a relationship I won't admit it for some reason, dump her, then realize I'm an idiot. If it's the beginning, I go too fast or too slow. If I'm single, I use lines and create awkward situations.

And everybody with motivation problems.. I have that too, and have no idea why..
passthru is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Sitting in a tree
 
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavion
Agreed. I wanted to have a serious discussion, but all the joke-sters are just having too much fun with this.
This just seems to happen on this forum - in a lot of serious threads. I'm guilty of it too. Don't get upset over it. Maybe the moderators will do something - maybe not. But there are several serious replies in here - not all jokes. So that says something.
wooÐs is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
You had me at hello
 
Poppinjay's Avatar
 
Location: DC/Coastal VA
I exercise a lot. And I consume a lot. So for ten days I went on a strict diet, but with no exercise. I lost ten pounds in ten days.

So what do I do after this experiment? I go back to the a lot practices.

I also hate that I can't get my shit together over stressful situations this holiday period. I've tired, I've done a few things that haven't panned out, but I lie in bed and fret about it more than anything.
__________________
I think the Apocalypse is happening all around us. We go on eating desserts and watching TV. I know I do. I wish we were more capable of sustained passion and sustained resistance. We should be screaming and what we do is gossip. -Lydia Millet
Poppinjay is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
With a mustache, the cool factor would be too much
 
Fremen's Avatar
 
Location: left side of my couch, East Texas
On the off-chance you guys were serious about me not being serious, let me assure you, in point of fact, I was being very serious. Seriously.

I have many flaws, lack of facial hair being the one I was willing to talk about.

We could talk about my ball hair and its lack of curl, I suppose.
__________________
Google
Fremen is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: My head.
ohh wow, actually I wasn't being serious ... lol
Xerxys is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Broken Arrow
 
Vigilante's Avatar
 
Location: US
You guys are way too serious. LOL

I am not happy with my weight. I'm not really overweight at 6'1 215lbs, but I would like to lose that little bit of pudge. After today though (thanksgiving) I'll be around 218. Sigh....

I hate my sexual urges. I really hate them, in that self-destructive way. They really fuck with my mind and my marriage. I've even contemplated chemical castration because I'm such a freak and she is not.

I hate that I procrastinate. Working nights makes it much worse.
__________________
We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-Winston Churchill
Vigilante is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
follower of the child's crusade?
 
Morbid, volatile, gloomy, disloyal, shallow, inarticulate, coarse, insular, negative, fat, careless, apathetic, greedy, hypocritical, physically aggressive, needy, loveless, unloved, unassertive, drink too much, perverted, attention seeking, selfish, bad tempered, cunt
__________________
"Do not tell lies, and do not do what you hate,
for all things are plain in the sight of Heaven. For nothing
hidden will not become manifest, and nothing covered will remain
without being uncovered."

The Gospel of Thomas
Strange Famous is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: My head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
... I hate my sexual urges. I really hate them, in that self-destructive way. They really fuck with my mind and my marriage. I've even contemplated chemical castration because I'm such a freak and she is not. ...
This is not healthy at all ... I'm in the same boat as you vigilante when it comes to the little head messing with the big head department
Xerxys is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Broken Arrow
 
Vigilante's Avatar
 
Location: US
Oh I know. It's one of those things that should never be an issue, but it is what it is. It is literally a raging battle in my head, especially when I'm stressed and I want more release, something other than longer showers and lube.

I feel like a trapped animal, biting at the bars, looking for some escape. It's horrible to say that because it's only in this one aspect of my life that I feel this way. My hormone-driven brain tries to find ways to justify cheating, then I realize this girl worships the ground I walk on (and I do the same for her) and I know what I am thinking is wrong. No amount of talking has ever helped, she just likes plain vanilla sex, generally in one position, for the rest of her life, and once a week or less is fine.
__________________
We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-Winston Churchill
Vigilante is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Tilted Forum Project

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
© 2002-2012 Tilted Forum Project

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73