Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community  

Go Back   Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community > Chatter > General Discussion


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #41 (permalink)
Upright
 
Looks like charismas came early this year.
Can I ask you something in all seriousness? Were there complications to your birth? You know, cord around neck? Dropped on head? Mother on crack? Prominent brow and an extra chromosome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I'm actually a massive S&M freak who loves to be both the sub and the dom
Called it! I totally called it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
whenever i get time away from my masonic plans to overthrow the government with the help of my scaly friends in the NWO and the little green men orbiting our planet. a few of you have figured out how to block our mind readers though
Ah! Got you pegged. Youíre an arm flapper. Your counter argument is to exaggerate and warp the original point. Iíll demonstrate using facts:
I disagree with brutalising prisoners, and you say I want to give them lolly pops and let them all go. Which I didnít.

I point out that the mansions occupied all levels of government, which they do. You rant on about alien conspiracies, which I have said nothing about.
This type of argument may work on your poor doting mother, but not me.
Now pay attention, something you seem to have a hard time doing: I. AM. A. FORMER. CIVIL. SERVENT. With me so far? Ok. ALL. OF. THE. UPPER. MANANAGMENT. ARE. MASIONS. By their own admissions. Itís not a conspiracy, itís just how things are (canít help feeling Iíve lost you already).
They donít work with aliens, they donít use mind control. They do look out and cover up for each other.

But hey, you can just over react and look like an idiot again.
What a poor argument, especially with all these claims of intelligent debate.

Hereís an example of your technique.

Normal person: I see there going to expand the international space station.
You: Yeah sure! ďInternational space station.Ē Year right! And theyíll put a death ray on it and call it the death star too I suppose!

As for the photo, are you the fat guy, coz you sound more like the pussy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
i thought i was sly enough, and i would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you rascal kids and that dog!
Hey arenít you glad you took my advice and thought out your argument and avoided looking stupid?
Maybe when youíve actually experienced life and learnt a few things about the world, you can come back and write something intelligent, just like a big boy.

Did you catch the sarcasm in that one? Or was it up there, still out of reach of your chubby fingers.
Random Hair is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #42 (permalink)
Asshole
 
The_Jazz's Avatar
 
Administrator
Location: Chicago


-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
Personal attacks are not allowed under any circumstances. If you cannot conduct yourself like an adult, you will find yourself unwelcome here.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - B. Franklin
"There ought to be limits to freedom." - George W. Bush
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo
The_Jazz is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Junkie
 
filtherton's Avatar
 
Location: In the land of ice and snow.
Actually, Jazz, this is a pretty good exploration, if inadvertant, of the thread topic.
filtherton is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #44 (permalink)
Psycho
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Location: The Aluminum Womb
incivility in action... good point filtherton
i guess incivility is more of a tool used to achieve a desired result rather than the result of something else. would it be a fair assumption to say that the majority of incivility today is conscious choice rather than the effect of whatever their past is? This is all also assuming that the person using that incivility as a means to their end realizes the possible effects and understands proper usage.

i can't remember right now which thread it is around here but it reminds me of the GOV changing strategy argument. until recently they were using outspoken personalities to go on rants for the effect of getting the Tea Party vote but now they've pulled back towards the moderates a bit. did incivility help them get votes earlier? maybe. But its hard to ignore the coinciding events of the upcoming presidential election (which President Obama has already started campaigning for i might add) and the more moderate stance many former super-righties have taken up.

Random Hair, if you'd like to continue this discussion please PM me. i'd be more than happy to enlighten you to my perspective on the prison issue and whatever else you'd like to have an intelligent discourse over
__________________
Does Marcellus Wallace have the appearance of a female canine? Then for what reason did you attempt to copulate with him as if he were a female canine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckguy View Post
Pretty simple really, do your own thing as long as it does not fuck with anyone's enjoyment of life.
EventHorizon is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #45 (permalink)
Insane
 
Location: hampshire
Most people who are rude choose to be rude. Somewhere, there is a big black hole that manners are sucked into. How bad manners relate to pro - torture I do not know. Is torture bad manners? No. Its torture. Arm waving ranting as descibed by one poster just reminds me of Jerry Adams and the fact that he spat when he ranted - spittle flecked lips. Ranting doesnt work. Smile. Charley says....
chinese crested is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #46 (permalink)
Psycho
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Location: The Aluminum Womb
but torture and rudeness are both forms, although extremely varying degrees, of incivility and neither goes ignored. so in the sense that incivility gets things done, its true. some of those forms are illegal and immoral, most aren't, but its still just a means to an end. if you want to act distastefully, its your call, just be ready to deal with crusaders trying to either convert or destroy you
__________________
Does Marcellus Wallace have the appearance of a female canine? Then for what reason did you attempt to copulate with him as if he were a female canine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckguy View Post
Pretty simple really, do your own thing as long as it does not fuck with anyone's enjoyment of life.
EventHorizon is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Asshole
 
The_Jazz's Avatar
 
Administrator
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtherton View Post
Actually, Jazz, this is a pretty good exploration, if inadvertant, of the thread topic.
No, it's not. Regardless of what the rest of society does, this little spot on the web is going to have rules of civility that govern the site enforced consistently. When I posted my note, I understood the irony. So if someone ends up getting an official talking-to because of something said here, it will only be ironic, nothing else.

A thread topic about incivility gives NO ONE the green light to behave like a jackass.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - B. Franklin
"There ought to be limits to freedom." - George W. Bush
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo
The_Jazz is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #48 (permalink)
Junkie
 
filtherton's Avatar
 
Location: In the land of ice and snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jazz View Post
No, it's not. Regardless of what the rest of society does, this little spot on the web is going to have rules of civility that govern the site enforced consistently. When I posted my note, I understood the irony. So if someone ends up getting an official talking-to because of something said here, it will only be ironic, nothing else.

A thread topic about incivility gives NO ONE the green light to behave like a jackass.
It is a good exploration of the thread topic. Certainly, it isn't within the guidelines of the hallowed hard disks of the tfp. Worthwhile discussions can exist outside the rules, though I understand your role here and don't begrudge you.

I was really just commenting on the fact that a discussion about the merits of incivility got sidetracked by incivility and needed a grown up to come in and enforce civility and that maybe this fact speaks more about the nature of the question in the OP than the pages of discussion that occurred prior.
filtherton is offline  
 

Tags
assholes, celebrities, curt, debate, dignity, discussion, honesty, incivility, manners, politicians

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Tilted Forum Project

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
© 2002-2012 Tilted Forum Project

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360