Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community  

Go Back   Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community > Interests > Tilted Music


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
AKA: Boner Stabone
 
Location: The one and only, SoCaLi
The Grammy's & Janet Jackson

I crashed out before I could follow up on what happened with Janet Jackson's no show. Did anyone get the story of why she flaked?

Well, other than that, I thought it was a pretty entertaining night. What'd you guys/gals think?
__________________
When's the next good swell in SoCal?
Jephree is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Huzzah for Welcome Week, Much beer shall I imbibe.
 
Location: UCSB
For some reason the sound went to absolute crinkly, distorted shit when Alcia Keys was playing and then 1/2 through Celine Dion's performance it happened again. I have no idea who their sound person is but he needs to be sacked for fubaring the audio at a MUSIC award show.

Also, I was waiting for Justin Timberlake to apologise and then add "its just a nipple, we all have them, get over it" but he wimped-out like a coperate tool.
__________________
I'm leaving for the University of California: Santa Barbara in 5 hours, give me your best college advice - things I need, good ideas, bad ideas, nooky, ect.

Originally Posted by Norseman on another forum:
"Yeah, the problem with the world is the stupid people are all cocksure of themselves and the intellectuals are full of doubt."
nanofever is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: NJ
Re: The Grammy's & Janet Jackson

Quote:
Originally posted by Jephree
I crashed out before I could follow up on what happened with Janet Jackson's no show. Did anyone get the story of why she flaked?

Well, other than that, I thought it was a pretty entertaining night. What'd you guys/gals think?
According to the radio stations on my drive in this morning, the only way she could be there was if she apologized like Timberlake did. She did the right thing by not going. Justin shouldn't have apologized again, it's ridiculous.
__________________
Strive to be more curious than ignorant.
onetime2 is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
AKA: Boner Stabone
 
Location: The one and only, SoCaLi
In regards to the *crackly sound during Alica Keys' & Celine's performances, LOL, I thought it was my surround sound. Yeah, the sound crew should be canned.

In regards to the Janet/Justin ordeal, I don't remember ever seeing Justin apologize. When did he?
__________________
When's the next good swell in SoCal?
Jephree is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Natalie Portman is sexy.
 
omega2K4's Avatar
 
Location: The Outer Rim
Quote:
Originally posted by nanofever
For some reason the sound went to absolute crinkly, distorted shit when Alcia Keys was playing and then 1/2 through Celine Dion's performance it happened again. I have no idea who their sound person is but he needs to be sacked for fubaring the audio at a MUSIC award show.
He shouldn't be sacked. He did everyone a favor.
__________________
"While the State exists there can be no freedom. When there is freedom there will be no State." - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form."- Karl Marx
omega2K4 is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Here
 
World's King's Avatar
 
Location: Denver City Denver
Some of the peformances were good... Justin Timberlake, Foo Fighters and White Stripes all did really well. Everyone else was just showing off and beng cheesey. The whole Funk tribute was too long and had too many people playing at the same time. The music got lost in a mess of afros and bad 70's throw back fashion. Andree 3000 had the best "thank you" speach ever. "Thanks." That's all you need to say... if you stand up there for more then 5 seconds you need to be shot. No one cares who you have to thanks... thanks 'em all later when you see them.
__________________
heavy is the head that wears the crown
World's King is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jephree

In regards to the Janet/Justin ordeal, I don't remember ever seeing Justin apologize. When did he?
I didn't watch the show so I can't say when he did it, but they played it on the radio and he basically said "It was completely unintentional, utterly regrettable, and I'm sorry if it offended you."
__________________
Strive to be more curious than ignorant.
onetime2 is offline  
Old 02-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Now a registered fossil
 
perripken's Avatar
 
Location: Home of the shrinking Kodak
Quote:
Originally posted by onetime2
According to the radio stations on my drive in this morning, the only way she could be there was if she apologized like Timberlake did. She did the right thing by not going. Justin shouldn't have apologized again, it's ridiculous.
Sorry, but I disagree. If the Super Bowl was played on a cable station or pay per view and had a parental guidance label on it, then I'd be all for it. I happen to have kids, and they watched half-time. I don't let them watch MTV or VH1 because of the crap that they might see. They both should apologize, and MTV should never be allowed to do a half time show again.
__________________
And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. Itís the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln
perripken is offline  
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by perripken
Sorry, but I disagree. If the Super Bowl was played on a cable station or pay per view and had a parental guidance label on it, then I'd be all for it. I happen to have kids, and they watched half-time. I don't let them watch MTV or VH1 because of the crap that they might see. They both should apologize, and MTV should never be allowed to do a half time show again.
You are completely off in your reading of my post. I did not defend their half time show (although I do think the amount of discussion and "outrage" it generated is ridiculous) and I didn't say they shouldn't have apologized.

They both apologized for the entire week between the Superbowl and the Grammys. Every station read statements from them. Forcing them to apologize yet again for something that they claim (and there is no evidence to the contrary) was accidental is petty and unnecessary.
__________________
Strive to be more curious than ignorant.

Last edited by onetime2; 02-10-2004 at 07:10 AM..
onetime2 is offline  
Old 02-10-2004, 07:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Now a registered fossil
 
perripken's Avatar
 
Location: Home of the shrinking Kodak
I'm sorry I misunderstood, and I agree that the discussion and outrage was ridiculous! It brought more attention to what was a split second flash, than was needed! My apologies. I get really defensive about my views of what I think is becoming a trashy MTV society.
__________________
And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. Itís the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln
perripken is offline  
Old 02-10-2004, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
AKA: Boner Stabone
 
Location: The one and only, SoCaLi
I think both Justin/Janet should apologize for what took place during the halftime show. Regardless of what they feel personally, they have a responsibility/duty as a professional to maintain a respectable image.

If Janet disagrees with having to publically apologize for her actions, so be it. She'll just have to suffer the consequences of losing the respect of many fans. If she hasn't already!
__________________
When's the next good swell in SoCal?
Jephree is offline  
Old 02-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by perripken
I'm sorry I misunderstood, and I agree that the discussion and outrage was ridiculous! It brought more attention to what was a split second flash, than was needed! My apologies. I get really defensive about my views of what I think is becoming a trashy MTV society.
No problem, I can see how it could be read that way. I generally agree that the trend toward "shock" marketing is distasteful, unfortunately when things like this grab so many headlines it only reinforces its use. I believe someone once said "There's no such thing as bad press." Certainly there weren't too many people clamoring for interviews with Janet Jackson before the Super Bowl, but now she's the topic of reports on every major and minor station in the US (and most of the world).
__________________
Strive to be more curious than ignorant.
onetime2 is offline  
Old 02-10-2004, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jephree
I think both Justin/Janet should apologize for what took place during the halftime show. Regardless of what they feel personally, they have a responsibility/duty as a professional to maintain a respectable image.
If they don't believe an apology is in order, the last thing they should do (or that we should call for) is an insincere one. I believe both of them have apologized many times since the incident, so another apology seems pointless. I still don't fully believe that it was an accident, but until there's some evidence or an admission from one or both of them, there's not much sense in prolonging the issue, IMO.
__________________
Strive to be more curious than ignorant.
onetime2 is offline  
 

Tags
grammy, jackson, janet

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Tilted Forum Project

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
© 2002-2012 Tilted Forum Project

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360