Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community  

Go Back   Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community > The Academy > Tilted Politics


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: bedford, tx
When gun control doesn't work....

start making legislation for mask control.

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_215145415.html

Quote:
SHERMAN OAKS A Sherman Oaks restaurant was robbed at gunpoint in what has become a familiar story in the San Fernando Valley.

Two men armed with handguns entered the Valley Inn Restaurant at 4557 Sherman Oaks Ave. near Ventura Boulevard at 9:20 Wednesday, according to Lt. Patricia Blake of the Los Angeles Police Department's West Valley Station.

The men stole an undisclosed amount of money from the register and then about $200 from one of the restaurant's customers before fleeing, Blake said.

Several customers were in the restaurant, but no one was injured, Blake said.

About 200 restaurants in the San Fernando Valley have been robbed in the last two years.
WHY???? because nobody else is armed, DUH!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Many of those robberies involved perpetrators who wore masks, prompting police Chief William Bratton and other city officials to support state legislation that would add two extra years of prison time for robbers who wear masks.
Any bets on how much crime THAT will cut down?
__________________
"no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything. You cannot conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."
dksuddeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junkie
 
hannukah harry's Avatar
 
and this has what to do with gun control laws?
__________________
shabbat shalom, mother fucker! - the hebrew hammer
hannukah harry is offline  
Old 08-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junkie
 
filtherton's Avatar
 
Location: In the land of ice and snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannukah harry
and this has what to do with gun control laws?
Because if everyone had guns than robberies wouldn't ever happen, apparently.
filtherton is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paq
Junkie
 
Paq's Avatar
 
Location: South Carolina
of course robberies wouldnt' happen if everyone had guns


...
__________________
Live.

Chris
Paq is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 04:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tone.
 
shakran's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paq
of course robberies wouldnt' happen if everyone had guns


...

Makes sense to me. Sure many would die in accidental shootings or in the cross fire when all the rambo-wannabe's try to play the superhero, but that's immaterial. At least the robbery wouldn't happen.
shakran is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 04:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: bedford, tx
I know you all are not THAT ignorant, or are you just being obtuse?

The point of the post was the bolded part, which has the police chief supporting legislation to add time to robbers that wear masks......like that will stop crime.

This is what happens when anti-gun/anti-violence morons refuse to recognize the sheer unadulterated fact that there is a violent criminal class in our society that needs to be met with the same lethality they employ against law abiding citizens.

Of course, some of you think that criminals have superpowers and we mere mortals are bumbling fools who couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat.
__________________
"no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything. You cannot conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."
dksuddeth is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
will always be an Alyson Hanniganite
 
Bill O'Rights's Avatar
 
Location: In the dust of the archives
So...when masks are outlawed, only outlaws will have masks?
__________________
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

"Hedonism with rules isn't hedonism at all, it's the Republican party." - JumpinJesus

It is indisputable that true beauty lies within...but a nice rack sure doesn't hurt.
Bill O'Rights is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 05:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tone.
 
shakran's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksuddeth

Of course, some of you think that criminals have superpowers and we mere mortals are bumbling fools who couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat.

I like how you make all these assumptions about anyone who disagrees with you. When did any of us ever say that? Show me one place where we say that, otherwise, argue the facts and stifle the rest.

I also like how you use hare-brained, totally illogical arguments to support your cause (even though there are plenty of arguments that are much more sound), and then you wig out when someone points out the flaws in your thinking.

To listen to you talk. .er. .type. . one gets the impression that you think the world will only be safe when everyone has a loaded gun on their hip. If you can't see that you'd only be replacing one danger with another, then you need to do a little more thinking before you speak.

But the best part is that when someone points out the flaws in your argument, you assume they want to ban guns. If I said "we should have freedom of the press because the sky is blue," and someone pointed out that my argument was idiotic, that would not mean they were against freedom of the press.

I'm sorry that your arguments do not make sense, but that is the fact. You are hurting the gun-rights cause because you come off sounding like a foaming-at-the-mouth crazy who wants everyone to pull a gun at the first sign of trouble.

Using debate tactics like that, you'll convince no one but yourself.
shakran is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Unencapsulated
 
JustJess's Avatar
 
Location: Kittyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakran
I like how you make all these assumptions about anyone who disagrees with you. When did any of us ever say that? Show me one place where we say that, otherwise, argue the facts and stifle the rest.

I also like how you use hare-brained, totally illogical arguments to support your cause (even though there are plenty of arguments that are much more sound), and then you wig out when someone points out the flaws in your thinking.

To listen to you talk. .er. .type. . one gets the impression that you think the world will only be safe when everyone has a loaded gun on their hip. If you can't see that you'd only be replacing one danger with another, then you need to do a little more thinking before you speak.

But the best part is that when someone points out the flaws in your argument, you assume they want to ban guns. If I said "we should have freedom of the press because the sky is blue," and someone pointed out that my argument was idiotic, that would not mean they were against freedom of the press.

I'm sorry that your arguments do not make sense, but that is the fact. You are hurting the gun-rights cause because you come off sounding like a foaming-at-the-mouth crazy who wants everyone to pull a gun at the first sign of trouble.

Using debate tactics like that, you'll convince no one but yourself.
Quoted for truth.
__________________
My heart knows me better than I know myself, so I'm gonna let it do all the talkin'.
JustJess is offline  
Old 08-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tilted Cat Head
 
Cynthetiq's Avatar
 
Administrator
Location: Manhattan, NY
maybe you need to clarify this discussion a bit more than some quick quips of sarcastic remarks...

Apparently your short comments obviously aren't enough guidelines for a discussion of this depth.

Since this is Tilted Politics, I'm closing the thread since it's pretty much trolling, you are free to rework your OP and ask a moderator to reopen it.
__________________
I don't care if you are black, white, purple, green, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, hippie, cop, bum, admin, user, English, Irish, French, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, indian, cowboy, tall, short, fat, skinny, emo, punk, mod, rocker, straight, gay, lesbian, jock, nerd, geek, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, driver, pedestrian, or bicyclist, either you're an asshole or you're not.
Cynthetiq is offline  
 

Tags
control, gun, work

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Tilted Forum Project

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
© 2002-2012 Tilted Forum Project

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360