Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community  

Go Back   Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community > Interests > Tilted Sports


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junkie
 
kutulu's Avatar
 
Bonds could miss half or all of 2005 season

Wow, this is amazing (in a sad way). Without Barry the Giants will have a hard time beating the Rockies for 4th place.

Quote:
A dejected Barry Bonds said Tuesday there's a chance he might not return this season because of multiple knee surgeries.


Bonds


"Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself to get back to, I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully the middle of the season. I don't know. Right now I'm just going to take things slow. I feel bad for the guys [Giants teammates] because I want to be out there for them," he said Tuesday after meeting with San Francisco Giants trainer Stan Conte for 1 hours.

"I'm 40 years old, not 20, 30."

When asked directly if he said he might not be back until midseason or next season, Bonds answered, "Maybe. I told you that before I left, remember? You thought I was joking."

The seven-time NL MVP, who returned to spring camp on crutches Tuesday following last week's surgery, made his remarks while sitting at a picnic table outside the Giants' clubhouse with his 15-year-old son, Nikolai, at his side.

While Bonds was defiant and confrontational during his first press conference of the spring on Feb. 22, he was despondent Tuesday, using the word "tired" 14 times during his approximate 10-minute session.

You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted the bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person.
Barry Bonds

"I really don't have much to say anymore," Bonds said. "My son and I just going to enjoy life. My family's tired. You guys [the media] wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got there.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted to bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

When asked if there was something specific he was talking about, Bonds said, "Inner hurt, physical, mentally. Done. I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying. Tired."

Bonds originally underwent knee surgery on Jan. 31. Four days later he accidentally hit his knee on a table at SBC Park in San Francisco and the knee had periods of swelling. An MRI last week revealed further tears in the knee.

Conte said there was no way of knowing whether the incident on Feb. 4 caused further damage.

"And we don't care," Conte said. "We're starting with a clean slate. We'll try to get it right."

Bonds begins the season third on the career homers list with 703, trailing Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755).

Last September, the Giants dropped a provision that would have allowed them to void Bonds' $18 million salary in 2006 if he failed to reach 500 plate appearances this year or 1,500 combined from 2003 to 2005, including at least 400 this year.
kutulu is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lennonite Priest
 
pan6467's Avatar
 
Location: Mansfield, Ohio USA


Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. See what those steroids and cheating did for you, ass wipe. Course you are laughing all the way to the bank aren't ya, ya jerk?

You will never be Babe Ruth..... you couldn't carry Babe Ruth's jockstrap.

Best player ever in baseball..... whoever said that was smoking crack.

Ken Griffey JR. has far more class and is a true man. He didn't need steroids.

Even though I am not an A-Rod fan..... he still played better than your cheating ass.....

Go write a book with Canseco and retire.

Sorry for the rant, I truly dislike Bonds...... and listening to Limbaugh today has set me off on rambling tangents today.
__________________
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

Last edited by pan6467; 03-22-2005 at 02:21 PM..
pan6467 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Insane
 
I feel sorrow for the guy. He can't even be honest about his mistakes. I say this is his way of retiring early, and dissapearing from the public eye, or so i hope.
__________________
?
theusername is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Easy Rider
 
flstf's Avatar
 
Location: Moscow on the Ohio
It sounds like he is really pissed off at the press. He has a good chance to break the total HR record if he plays another year or two. I can't imagine he would give up the chance to do that unless they threatened to asterisk his records or something.
flstf is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lennonite Priest
 
pan6467's Avatar
 
Location: Mansfield, Ohio USA
maybe he got popped on a piss test and this is his way of serving his suspension without having to admit it.... ya know all the legal issues going on now, and his career and MLB as a whole would be hit hard if it were made public he pissed positive.
__________________
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"
pan6467 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
That's what she said
 
dirtyrascal7's Avatar
 
so we're supposed to feel sorry for him now and blame all his troubles on the media???

screw you, berry bonds... take some f*ucking RESPONSIBILITY for your choices and actions!!
dirtyrascal7 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junkie
 
kutulu's Avatar
 
I'm also a Barry hater but if we are going to get all over his ass about steroids, call him a cheater, and * his records shouldn't we do the same to all the pitchers over the years that used doctored balls (sorry Mr Ryan, we need to put an * next to your 5714K's since you used doctored balls)? What about all the use of anphetimines?

Steroids have been in sports for over 25 years, why is it that the witch hunt is only going towards the current players?
kutulu is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
I'm still waiting...
 
Location: West Linn, OR
man, i KNEW i should have posted that thread idea i had a couple weeks ago. seriously, i said that all of a sudden Barry's "health problems" were going to sky rocket and force him to retire. jeez. i'm not holding back right now, because i am another one of those Barry Haters. since he can't be on steroids any more, he's chickened out of having to compete without enhancements. what a loser. seriously. he has been a virus to baseball, and deserves to be thrown into the land of the banned with Pete Rose. oh yeah, and send Mark McGuire too.
degrawj is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sleepy Head
 
dylanmarsh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrascal7
so we're supposed to feel sorry for him now and blame all his troubles on the media???

screw you, berry bonds... take some f*ucking RESPONSIBILITY for your choices and actions!!
Not to be the devil's advocate with these fine comments, but who are we to judge and condemn Bonds for what he's done to his body. He chose to put the "clear" and the "cream" on himself and, supposedly, as a result he was able to hit more homeruns. Who really cares?

Would you still have the same feeling towards a great leader if he plagerized most of his speeches to convey his message? What about a supermodel who takes a unhealthy dose of laxatives just to look better in the magazine? Perhaps Babe Ruth himself was not the same player unless he had a beer before the game and screwed some limbless whore; should his accomplishments have an asterik because all the other players of his time didn't have a Schiltz while going balls deep into Stumpy?

The media, as with everything, is the root of all evil in this mess. They hype the player, put unreal expectations on him, and then try to destroy him once he realizes those expectations. Baseball should have addressed steroids long ago but chose to sit back and regain its marketability after the 1994 strike.
dylanmarsh is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Beware the Mad Irish
 
Blackthorn's Avatar
 
Location: Wish I was on the N17...
Does anyone else think it's possible that the rhoid usage is finally catching up with him? Could it be that he got only this close to 714 and 755 that he may not get there at all now....He's the poster child for what's still wrong with baseball. I'm still a mindless sheep when it comes to the games though. I'll go and tronk down my cash and buy the expensive beers and watch....like I always do. Of course it's more for the girl watching than the game itself so maybe that's why!!!
__________________
What are you willing to give up in order to get what you want?
Blackthorn is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Boy am I horny today
 
absorbentishe's Avatar
 
Location: T O L E D O, Toledo!!
I'll admit, I'm a Barry Hater, but only for the jackass that he is. He didn't do anything that others weren't doing. I hate the records that have stood for years going by the wayside for these "cheaters". Barry is an ass, to the media, to his fans, to other players. I'm guessing that it will take so long for the roids to get out of his system, so there are these mystery problems. I think he'll play long enough to make a run at the record though. Oh, just thought of this, wasn't he the one who said he's healthier now than 20 years ago?
absorbentishe is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
That's what she said
 
dirtyrascal7's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmarsh
Not to be the devil's advocate with these fine comments, but who are we to judge and condemn Bonds for what he's done to his body. He chose to put the "clear" and the "cream" on himself and, supposedly, as a result he was able to hit more homeruns. Who really cares?

Would you still have the same feeling towards a great leader if he plagerized most of his speeches to convey his message? What about a supermodel who takes a unhealthy dose of laxatives just to look better in the magazine? Perhaps Babe Ruth himself was not the same player unless he had a beer before the game and screwed some limbless whore; should his accomplishments have an asterik because all the other players of his time didn't have a Schiltz while going balls deep into Stumpy?

The media, as with everything, is the root of all evil in this mess. They hype the player, put unreal expectations on him, and then try to destroy him once he realizes those expectations. Baseball should have addressed steroids long ago but chose to sit back and regain its marketability after the 1994 strike.
i'm not sure why you took such offense with my comment when pan6467 was far more judging and condeming. besides, i wasn't even judging him for what he's done to his body (in that post at least)... my point was that i think it's bullshit that he is blaming everything on the media.

but now that you bring it up... i think that we (the fans) are exactly who needs to judge and condemn athletes like bonds. if we make it known that we don't want to see someone break records by cheating, then maybe mlb will finally stop turning a blind eye to all the juicing that goes on. you said yourself that baseball should've cracked down on steroids long ago... but just because they didn't does not give players the right to do it anyway.

so i say again... screw you, berry bonds.
dirtyrascal7 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Insane
 
greeneyes's Avatar
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmarsh
Not to be the devil's advocate with these fine comments, but who are we to judge and condemn Bonds for what he's done to his body. He chose to put the "clear" and the "cream" on himself and, supposedly, as a result he was able to hit more homeruns. Who really cares?
Who really cares? Are you really serious?

Quote:
Would you still have the same feeling towards a great leader if he plagerized most of his speeches to convey his message? What about a supermodel who takes a unhealthy dose of laxatives just to look better in the magazine?
Yes and yes.

Quote:
Perhaps Babe Ruth himself was not the same player unless he had a beer before the game and screwed some limbless whore; should his accomplishments have an asterik because all the other players of his time didn't have a Schiltz while going balls deep into Stumpy?
Last I knew, "having a Schiltz and going balls deep into Stumpy" wasn't performance enhancing, so you are comparing apples to oranges.

Quote:
The media, as with everything, is the root of all evil in this mess. They hype the player, put unreal expectations on him, and then try to destroy him once he realizes those expectations. Baseball should have addressed steroids long ago but chose to sit back and regain its marketability after the 1994 strike.
Ah yes, find something else to blame it all on because why should people be held accountable for their actions when there is always the handy "media" to be the scapegoat. Seriously, why not just say the devil made him do it and call it a day?
__________________
Put the blame on me
So you don't feel a thing

Go on and save yourself
Take it out on me
greeneyes is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sleepy Head
 
dylanmarsh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
Who really cares? Are you really serious?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. Let me make it perfectly clear: I am not a fan of Barry Bonds. He doesn't play for the Red Sox and has said that Boston is too racist for him. His loss. Do I hold it against him? No. Barry Bonds playing on the left coast has no bearing on my life nor does his alleged steroid use. The person his situation should effect is Barry Bonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
Yes and yes.
Okay, then, how do you feel about Martin Luther King, Jr. and just about every playboy bunny and supermodel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
Last I knew, "having a Schiltz and going balls deep into Stumpy" wasn't performance enhancing, so you are comparing apples to oranges.
What's to say its not? Maybe the Babe couldn't relax without these things before the first pitch. If you want to discuss fact, how about Ted Williams personally handpicking bats at the Louisville plant during the 40's while other player had to pick from what was sent to the clubs? That seems like a big advantage but no one knocks #9 for exploring some advantages outside of natural talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
Ah yes, find something else to blame it all on because why should people be held accountable for their actions when there is always the handy "media" to be the scapegoat. Seriously, why not just say the devil made him do it and call it a day?
Why not just stay out of other people's affairs, like Barry Bonds, and say you're sorry? What has Barry Bonds done to make you tell him to "screw"? Did he steal money from your grandmother? Did he run over your dog and then get out and piss on it? No. All Barry did was do what he thought was best for his family: become the best in his profession. The Giants pay him millions because he puts people in the seats and he gets that SF Giants logo on the front page of newspaper in the USA and other parts of the world. So, yea, when I blame the media it is because they fuel every little story until it becomes bigger and bigger until it gets out of control.

Information is the most dangerous weapon in the world; not a ball player and certainly not a steroid.
dylanmarsh is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tilted
 
I'm sorry but I can not feel pitty for someone who makes more money for hitting one homerun than I will in 10 years. You want a job in the public spotlight then sometimes you need to deal with getting blinded especially when you are the one holding the flashlight.
whiplash13 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Insane
 
greeneyes's Avatar
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmarsh
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. Let me make it perfectly clear: I am not a fan of Barry Bonds. He doesn't play for the Red Sox and has said that Boston is too racist for him. His loss. Do I hold it against him? No. Barry Bonds playing on the left coast has no bearing on my life nor does his alleged steroid use. The person his situation should effect is Barry Bonds.
I hate to burst your bubble here, but Bonds was not the only person affected. His fans, his teammates, major league baseball as a whole were all affected.

Quote:
Okay, then, how do you feel about Martin Luther King, Jr. and just about every playboy bunny and supermodel?
I said I wouldn't agree with it and I don't. Stop beating the dead horse already.

Quote:
What's to say its not? Maybe the Babe couldn't relax without these things before the first pitch.
But a beer and a "limbless whore" are not drugs, they are not performance enhancing so it is therefor not the same. Again, apples and oranges.

Quote:
If you want to discuss fact, how about Ted Williams personally handpicking bats at the Louisville plant during the 40's while other player had to pick from what was sent to the clubs? That seems like a big advantage but no one knocks #9 for exploring some advantages outside of natural talent.
How do you know that no one knocks #9? I personally think that it is wrong but aside from that, what the hell is your point? Stop throwing all of these "for instances" out there to try and mire down what is really the discussion here. If you really had a leg to stand on, you wouldn't have to grasp at straws with this inane shit.

Quote:
Why not just stay out of other people's affairs, like Barry Bonds, and say you're sorry? What has Barry Bonds done to make you tell him to "screw"?
When did I tell Bonds to "screw"? See that thing to the right? It's a scroll bar. If by using that you can tell me where I told Bonds to "screw," I'll give you a dollar.

Quote:
Did he steal money from your grandmother? Did he run over your dog and then get out and piss on it? No. All Barry did was do what he thought was best for his family: become the best in his profession.
Let's not get biased here and make it seem as if Bonds was noble and doing this for his family. The guy cheated to become the best, so he was never really the best at all.

Quote:
The Giants pay him millions because he puts people in the seats and he gets that SF Giants logo on the front page of newspaper in the USA and other parts of the world. So, yea, when I blame the media it is because they fuel every little story until it becomes bigger and bigger until it gets out of control.
If you don't like the media because it does what the public wants, don't read newspapers, don't watch tv, and certainly don't get online. Easy enough. Furthermore, I hardly call an investigation by the US Department of Justice which led to a grand jury hearing a "little story."

Quote:
Information is the most dangerous weapon in the world; not a ball player and certainly not a steroid.
Don't be so trite.

Are you on Bonds' payroll? Because otherwise I don't understand why you would make such asinine comments.
__________________
Put the blame on me
So you don't feel a thing

Go on and save yourself
Take it out on me
greeneyes is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sleepy Head
 
dylanmarsh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
Don't be so trite.

Are you on Bonds' payroll? Because otherwise I don't understand why you would make such asinine comments.
I was trying to have a civil and open debate to try to present the other side to this story. However, if this is going to turn into name-calling flame war, I choose not to participate.

You might want to read the mission statement of the TFP.
dylanmarsh is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Insane
 
greeneyes's Avatar
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmarsh
I was trying to have a civil and open debate to try to present the other side to this story. However, if this is going to turn into name-calling flame war, I choose not to participate.

You might want to read the mission statement of the TFP.
I have read the mission statement and I haven't called you any names, nor have I turned this into a flame war.

However, I will honor your attempt to slink away without actually responding because you don't really have anything to say. Whoever quits first wins, so congratulations.
__________________
Put the blame on me
So you don't feel a thing

Go on and save yourself
Take it out on me
greeneyes is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sleepy Head
 
dylanmarsh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
I have read the mission statement and I haven't called you any names, nor have I turned this into a flame war.

However, I will honor your attempt to slink away without actually responding because you don't really have anything to say. Whoever quits first wins, so congratulations.
I do apologize for misquoting you on the "screw" comment; I had consecutive posts mixed up.
dylanmarsh is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Insane
 
greeneyes's Avatar
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmarsh
I do apologize for misquoting you on the "screw" comment; I had consecutive posts mixed up.
Thank you, I do appreciate that.
__________________
Put the blame on me
So you don't feel a thing

Go on and save yourself
Take it out on me
greeneyes is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 10:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cracking the Whip
 
Lebell's Avatar
 
Location: Sexymama's arms...
Gosh, I've never had to warn people to be polite in "Sports" but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Normal rules apply here, so the biting, snide comments stop.

Now.

If not, ask the regulars in "Politics" what happens next.

__________________
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C. S. Lewis

The ONLY sponsors we have are YOU!

Please Donate!
Lebell is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 02:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Bang bang
 
Spartak's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Three words people. Bone on bone. I believe his knees are more screwed up now than a 40 year old defensman's. He still needs them to play LF... had he the option of being DH, his comeback would probably be sooner.

I'm in the camp that while Barry probably did take something to help him play the game (like most athletes), he did not get caught for it (like most athletes), and most of the evidence against him is hearsay, and given by guys trying to cover their own asses and escape fines and jailtime (Victor Conte and his trainer being two), or in the case of his former girlfriend out of greed.

Also I recall someone saying that steriods don't help you hit a breaking ball...
__________________
I can read your mind... looking at you... I can read your mind...
Spartak is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lennonite Priest
 
pan6467's Avatar
 
Location: Mansfield, Ohio USA
It's 1919 all over again.

This is one reason why baseball introduced a non-biased commisioner. Note, the majority of all there steroid usage rumors started after old Bud became not just an owner but commisioner also.

Of course baseball turned away from this and allowed it to happen. I remember in Phoenix reading a former Indians story..... wish I could remember who it was... Anyway, the guy was in prison for meth and he talked how the Indians would have the pills out and that players would down them with coffee before games to get "up".

Baseball is a business and they turned the blind eye on 'roids and speed because it helped put people in seats.

Did McGwire use 'roids? Probably. Will many of the stars from the 90's till now be looked at? Probably. Could a declining Omar Vizquel have a career year at 37 last year without the help of something? Probably not.

The declining values and morals in baseball is just a reflection of society as a whole. People are taking drugs for every little trivial problem now from toenail fungus to psoriasis to drinking Red Bull to Viagra to Propecia to the adult ADD drugs to Xanax, Ativan any other Benzo drug out there..... whatever helps get you through man.

As an aging society we expect our players to play well into their later years so that we don't feel old. One of the reasons gossip columns and rags sell so much is because we (as a society) live vicariously through the rich and famous, so that we may face our lives. We thrive on seeing the rich and famous suffer and in pain because it shows us commoners we maybe happier and that all that fame has a cost.

So in the end baseball just gave the people what they wanted, as their research showed that HRs were where the money was.

They are now caught though, and not just Bonds or McGwire but I feel we'll see a lot of baseballers start going down fast and baseball will take it on the chin. Until like in the 1920's a new Babe Ruth comes along.

The NBA in the late 70's was mired down with drug and crime rumors, innuendoes and such. It took Bird and Magic to bring life and respectability back....

I'll close saying this.... I am not saying what baseball did was right and each and every player should be held accountable. Bonds put his target on himself, if you live in the spotlight and proclaim to be the best and trash true legends like Ruth, show apathy and anger towards the press and fans then expect understanding and pity when you are hurting, you don't know human nature.

Ask Albert (Don't call me Joey) Belle where all that anger and hatred gets you.

Look at McGwire, by all accounts he is a great guy, yes, some are frying him but in the end he'll be the Shoeless Joe that gets the pity and the love. Not because of race as I am sure someone will bring up (Bonds would) but because McGwire was always accesible to the press and his fans. Bonds was anything but.
__________________
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"
pan6467 is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Insane
 
Location: Washington DC
fuck barry bonds, im tired of him and i want him out of major league baseball

in fact, i hope someone burns down his house and wipes out all his finances, id take so much pleasure in his pain if he turned into another defunct mc hammer

(ps are these feelings wrong?)
alec is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 01:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Location: too far from Texas
this is just Bonds' way of giving a middle finger to the media. he'll be back on the field by June.
bond007 is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tilted
 
Location: Portland, Or
I was a Giants fan up until 1994 (strike killed my interest in the game). I never liked Barry Bonds, and I hope he does retire. He doesn't deserve to pass Aarons or Ruth.
__________________
Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil
zhevek is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Psycho
 
KeyserSoze's Avatar
 
Location: Lost Angeles
If Barry wants some sympathy he needs to look in the dictionary between SHIT and SYPHILIS!

Now lets call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE for him.

FUCK BARRY and the records he broke while CHEATING!

I hope he retires so Hanks record remains as it should and not passed by someone like Bonds and ESPECIALLY since he is now blaming the media for his problems.

"Yes Barry...we know it was not your fault, you poor thing"
__________________
THERE IS NO KEYSER SOZE!!
KeyserSoze is offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
Tilted
 
Did anybody see the interview where Barry requested that the camera man zoom out to include his son (who was sitting next to him in the locker room) in the video footage? He then claimed that the media did this to him and his son. Uhhh...sorry Barry, but the last time I checked your son wasnt putting needles in his ass or creams on his body and cheating in a major professional sport. Take some responsibility.
lordpoopshank is offline  
Old 03-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
big damn hero
 
guthmund's Avatar
 
That whole thing was embarassing.

Blaming the media for all his troubles and bringing him down. 'Look at the pain, you're causing my family...' cripes. The media wasn't rubbing the 'clear' and the 'cream' all over or causing him to cheat on his wife (if he did...whatever).

If you're going to do it, at least have the balls to stand up and say you did it. Even aside from the steroid controversy, that press conference/interview was just horrible. Barry Bonds should be ashamed to his very bones.
__________________
No signature. None. Seriously.
guthmund is offline  
Old 03-26-2005, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Easy Rider
 
flstf's Avatar
 
Location: Moscow on the Ohio
I agree guthmund, if these melon headed steroid users would admit it I'd have some respect for them. Just explain that steroids were the only way to get better and stronger as you age and you wanted to keep playing in order to break some records. I'd still disagree with them and think it should be banned and their records not allowed.
flstf is offline  
Old 03-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Insane
 
Location: Washington DC
the sad thing about bonds was he was mad good when he was a stick figure for the pirates in the early 90's..... i dont know how necessary it was to pump himself full of supplements and steroids........ but oh well
alec is offline  
Old 03-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #32 (permalink)
Easy Rider
 
flstf's Avatar
 
Location: Moscow on the Ohio
And so it begins:
Legislator wants 61 re-instated as record

BISMARCK, N.D. -- A North Dakota legislator is trying to muscle Roger Maris' 61-homer season back into baseball's record books because of allegations that the three players who have surpassed him did so with the help of steroids.


"If these folks are on the juice, and I believe they're on the juice, then Roger should get his record back," Sen. Joel Heitkamp said.


He's sponsoring a resolution that asks baseball commissioner Bud Selig to reinstate Maris' record of 61 home runs in 1961. A spokesman for baseball did not respond to a request for comment.


The North Dakota Senate's Education Committee, which reviewed the resolution Monday, took less than 20 minutes to recommend that the full Senate approve it.


Maris, born in Hibbing, Minn., was a high school football star and American Legion baseball standout in Fargo, N.D., which has a museum displaying his memorabilia and a cancer treatment center named for him. Maris was buried in Fargo after his death from lymphoma in 1985.


His home run record stood until 1998, when St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Mark McGwire hit 70. Three years later, San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds surpassed McGwire, hitting 73 home runs.


Bonds has beaten Maris' 61-homer record once. The retired McGwire surpassed it twice and Sammy Sosa has bettered it three times.
flstf is offline  
Old 03-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Go Cardinals
 
soccerchamp76's Avatar
 
Location: St. Louis/Cincinnati
Maris' record will NOT be reinstated because for one, it was been broken 6 times. Second, it has not been proven that McGwire has used steroids. He admitted to using Andro, which was a legal supplement at the time. The only proof if McGwire using steroids is the jackass Canseco who has no credit at all. Bonds has been proven to take steroids, from different sources as well.
__________________
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.
soccerchamp76 is offline  
 

Tags
2005, bonds, half, miss, season

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:21 PM.

Tilted Forum Project

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
© 2002-2012 Tilted Forum Project

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360