Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community  

Go Back   Tilted Forum Project Discussion Community > Interests > Tilted Technology


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crazy
 
Screencapping?

BEHOLD MY TECH INEPTNESS!

So how's this done? You know, for taking pics of desktops and webpages.
Speedster is offline  
Old 09-03-2004, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
All hail the Mountain King
 
the_marq's Avatar
 
Location: Black Mesa
Just press the "Print Screen" or "Prntscn" button on your keyboard. That will add the screen contents to your clipboard. Afterthat all you have to do is go to an image editing program (MS Paint will do) and paste (ctrl-v) it in. Additionally, holding down the 'ALT' key will limit the screen capture to just the active window.

At least that's how it's done in Windows, if you're talking Mac I havn't a clue.
__________________
The Truth:

Johnny Cash could have kicked Bruce Lee's ass if he wanted to.

#3 in a series
the_marq is offline  
Old 09-03-2004, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junkie
 
powerclown's Avatar
 
Location: Detroit, MI
I like Snag-it.
powerclown is offline  
Old 09-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crazy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_marq
Just press the "Print Screen" or "Prntscn" button on your keyboard. That will add the screen contents to your clipboard. Afterthat all you have to do is go to an image editing program (MS Paint will do) and paste (ctrl-v) it in. Additionally, holding down the 'ALT' key will limit the screen capture to just the active window.

At least that's how it's done in Windows, if you're talking Mac I havn't a clue.
Gracias.
Speedster is offline  
Old 09-03-2004, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junkie
 
I'm very partial to HyperSnapDX (it may have a new name, I haven't upgraded in a couple years).

I wanted a program that supported PNG. The basic windows screen cap is okay for something quick and dirty, but not suited for tech writing.
__________________
+++++++++++Boom!
tropple is offline  
Old 09-04-2004, 07:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
I flopped the nutz...
 
mikec's Avatar
 
Location: Stratford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerclown
I like Snag-it.
me too!
__________________
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see, and hear. Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans have learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear is less than one millionth of reality
mikec is offline  
Old 09-04-2004, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Upright
 
I've used HyperSnap-DX for over 2 years. Captures everything I want but has a lot of options that aren't as easy to find. I've also tried Snag-It but found it to be flawed in logical sense of where certain options would be. Maybe it would be easier if I were a newbie :-\ Either of those apps should work excellent.
manicarzo is offline  
Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junkie
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicarzo
I've used HyperSnap-DX for over 2 years.
Captures everything I want but has a lot of options that aren't as easy to find. I've also tried Snag-It but found it to be flawed in logical sense of where certain options would be. Maybe it would be easier if I were a newbie :-\ Either of those apps should work excellent.

I've tried Snag-it, as well. I didn't like it much.
__________________
+++++++++++Boom!
tropple is offline  
Old 09-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Insane
 
Is there anything out there allowing you to grab a snap shot of your screen, even when a video is playing?

When I do a 'Print Screen' it just shows black where video should be.
__________________
I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the inbetween is mine.
silver26 is offline  
Old 09-04-2004, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Upright
 
Location: The Snozzberries taste like Snozzberries
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver26
Is there anything out there allowing you to grab a snap shot of your screen, even when a video is playing?

When I do a 'Print Screen' it just shows black where video should be.

I use Ulead Video Studio pro to do screen caps from movies , you can get a shareware version of it here

clicky
__________________
License and registration... chicken fucker.
$uperTrooper is offline  
Old 09-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho
 
Blistex's Avatar
 
Location: Tiger I Turret
Ther is a Ctrl+? key that you can hit in Windows media player that will take a screen cap. I think it was something like "F" or "C" but I forgot.
Blistex is offline  
Old 09-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Upright
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver26
Is there anything out there allowing you to grab a snap shot of your screen, even when a video is playing?

When I do a 'Print Screen' it just shows black where video should be.
When using HyperSnap-DX, go to Capture --> Enable special capture --> check the top 2 boxes, now your Print Screen should capture video from directx overlays.
manicarzo is offline  
 

Tags
screencapping

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Tilted Forum Project

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
© 2002-2012 Tilted Forum Project

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54