1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

12,000 premature deaths vs the donations of big business

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Strange Famous, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

To me, this is probably the final nail in the coffin of Obama's legacy.

I think there is every chance that the Republican's will nominate someone unelectably right wing to stand against him and he will get another 4 years. But now to me it is too late for him to be remembered as anything other than a politician (in the most derogatorary sense of that word)

Certainly speaking internationally, I havent known any US president who came into office with more good will, and more hope and expectation that he would do things differently. And now all I see is a man who believes in absolutely nothing but grimly holding onto power. A fantastic and charismatic communicator certainly, but someone who has absolutely no substance beneath the spin.

Shame on you, Obama. Shame.

2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Unfortunately we as a nation now have to climb out of the hole left by two failed Presidencies.
    I agree that Obama looked to have such promise and has been a huge disappointment.

3. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

I am also disappointed, but I don't lay all the blame at his feet. Comparing his hopeful ambition at the beginning of his term to the beaten discouraged man serving as president today is sad. He seems to be stuck in a position where his options are stand up for what he believes it, and get stonewalled and nothing accomplished, or try to compromise to get things done and get stuck in an ugly quagmire of arguing with his opposition to push the smallest things through. I get the feeling that before each of his public appearances, he lets out a big world-weary sigh. I don't envy him his position, I certainly wouldn't know how to deal with all the things wrong with the country today.