1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

15 Year Old Comments on Facebook About Love

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tawnebachus, May 8, 2014.

1. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Must be nice living in a world where it's fine and dandy for an adult man to take a 15-year old girl's discussion of sex and love and debate it. Here in my world, that's creepy, especially when the guy in question has a history of discussion sex to the exclusion of all other topics. This isn't a Godwin argument, but there's a reason that there's not much credence given to the improvements that the Nazis made to Germany in the 30's and 40's. Maybe our OP is harmless - probably is - but you're making one assumption about him and I'm making another. That you dismiss mine out of hand - well, that says a lot about you and your priorities. Good luck with that.

And for the record - since there is no reason to not believe what the OP has said, that this is a post from a 15-year old girl - this post would come down in a heartbeat if she challenged it. Namely because there would be a legal and moral obligation to do so. Which most of you seem to have just glossed right over.

Like I said, must be nice in your world. Wish I could visit some time.

2. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Did I dismiss your concerns out of hand?

3. the_jazz

Did I quote you specifically?

But you've made a lot of assumptions in this thread - no need to derail that train now.

4. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

If you're calling for the removal of this whole thread, sure, I can support that.

If you're calling for the banning of the OP, that's surely something for the staff to decide.

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well...from the current pattern and dynamic of the current board administration.
    Of late, they aren't keen on banning outright, typically they let it play out and let us figure it out for themselves. (at least from what I know, I'm not one)
    One, I understand the refrain since some have overdone the ban or hammering...
    Two, they have their own lives & tasks and can't chase every white rabbit.

Also, from what I've seen, it's rare to remove a thread, simply if they find it necessary, they just lock it down...and that's rare in itself.
    Again, mostly they let it play out.
    And in this case, so far...they haven't found the need to do so.
    And if I know better...the debate of the "appropriateness" and morality is interesting in itself...and that's where the thread has gone.
    If it were in your more "aggressive" or "immature" boards where the hordes would feast on the prey...then they'd likely act, since that is overboard.

I can't really speak for @the_jazz , but I think he's saying his "spider-sense" is tingling, combining his own experience and observations from the past.
    And to be wary...tred carefully...there may be trolls about in these woods. (sorry, I'm watching "Trollhunter" at the moment)
    However, do think he gets an innate pleasure at essentially going up to people, smacking them in the forehand, and saying with derision, "DUH!" ;)

So, if the thread continues on the philosophical discussion, then my guess is our esteemed staff will allow all to continue unhindered.
    And if this is true...we can thank our missing and "questionable" OP for being the catalyst for an interesting topic.
    Especially since his title isn't what the topic he intended is...nor do I think this was intent,
    which IMHO was to lob a grenade into the crowd, yelling "grenade!!"

As we see in the Yin/Yang of life...good can come from bad.
    Or as others would see it, hint..."hey, there's a scorpion on your foot...just wanna let you know."

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Somebody give Dad his badge back before Chris Hansen shows up!

Oh, wait...

Staff:

Somebody please nuke this thread. Ain't nobody got time for this.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  7. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

I don't care what anyone says. If you say, out in public, and with no apparent sense of irony, that you know what love is because you've been in love with a fictional character, people are gonna laugh at you. And I'm going to be one of them, whatever age you are, because that is an absurd and asinine statement. That's really my only point. But anyway, although this thread didn't devolve into some kind of horrifying 4chan-esque cesspool of creepiness, this thread is pretty much dead at this point, so AFAIC it can vanish.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

For fuck's sake...

There is so much banal content going viral over the entire Internet... Why would anyone think the worst of something like the OP?

Thanks for making the assumption that we live in a World that supports pedophiles, or worse that we are somehow supporting it.

If you are so fucking concerned, @the_jazz, use the report button and stop spoiling for fights with other users.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OtherSyde

Case and point. Well said.

10. the_jazz

So apparently when I have an opinion and openly state at every turn that I accept that others can hold their own opinions, I'm the bad guy. When I try to clarify my opinion for others and still state that others are welcome to hold their own opinions, I'm "spoiling for a fight". Apparently a "fight" is now defined as "any disagreement". Apparently any opinion that I have that doesn't resonate with the echo chamber makes me a troll.

Seems about right.

[slow clap]

When I've used the report feature, I've been punished for it. I'm being punished right now. Not once have I ever had one of my reported posts acknowledged since I left staff. I've had staff members delete stuff off my profile page without notice and, when called on it, take a couple of weeks to acknowledge that I had a valid complaint and apologize.

But I'll just point out that the fair use doctrine for intellectual property may not apply here since the original author is not attributed. Which might actually be a problem for the site. Which I expected the staff to actually catch. But whatever. Not my problem.

11. rogue49

First of all, I don't think the @the_jazz is spoiling for a fight, he is simply in his own sarcastic manner pointing out the potential dangers.
    Again, I'll reiterate...in this case, I believe he is correct in the aspects of the source and the intent of the OP.
    (but that's just my opinion, just another asshole which everyone has)

But neither he or I have authority nor want authority any more...so this is the up to the powers that be.
    So if they act, so be it...and if they don't, then the topic is up for debate and discussion.

So debate the topic or don't, but I wouldn't say at the moment anyone is pushing anything anywhere.
    It's just a very passionate and sensitive subject...like the "death penalty" or "abortion" or otherwise...

Oh how people get upset so easily or roll their eyes at the matter. (we don't have time for this...)
    But isn't this why the friggin' board was created anyway??? (It's not just about Baseball talk, Your newest desktop, the stupidity of govt, or tips on the best BJ)

Debate away.
    And it's a good debate too...I'm finding it interesting.
    We're all adults here. (at least I hope so...)

12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm with Chuck, man... are we really working in a climate here where some dude is automatically a Mike's Hard Lemonade-toting predator because he posts some awkward-as-hell garbage on a rinky-dink discussion forum? And should we maybe question the status of the guy making that fill-in-the-blank call?

The balance is way off, here. Suddenly it's all... Nobody disagree; it's bullying. Nobody compliment anybody; it's sexual harassment. Nobody post naked pictures; it's lewd. Nobody look at naked pictures; it's rape-y. Quit bitching. Quit bragging. Quit posting vain selfies. Quit doing drive-by one-liners. Pointless Announcements needs to die because we need to choke off the main catalyst to serious conversation left on the site!

I don't know where the fuck people are getting this stuff but enough with the shenanigans. I'ma _this_ close to revealing my "dirty grandma" fetish in exhibition and you'll all be sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

Ooo...kinky. GILFs
    Go for it. :)

oops...well fuck, so much for my intellectualism...

• Like Like x 1
  14. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I WILL NEVER QUIT POSTING VAIN SELFIES.

• Like Like x 5
  15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Moar nudity, plz. Thx.

• Like Like x 4
  16. OtherSyde

Yes! And now the thread is fun again! See how easy that was?

17. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Great work, team!

Also, boobs.

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Threadjackapalooza!

Bewbz.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

INCRIMINATING IMAGERY GO!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You know, we need a thread in Member's Only for this kinda fappery.

Somebody get on that. I'll provide the tasteless filler.

• Like Like x 1