1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

2012 fantasy football

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Having the Bears' D/ST is almost unfair this year. But I'll take it. :D

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I think Youre gonna kick my ass today

• Like Like x 1
  3. Borla

Don't feel bad ralphie250, the combination of the Bears D and Brandon Marshall was a buzz saw this week.

4. ralphie250

Yes it was...

5. Got 31 from the Chargers and 55(!) from Doug Martin. Getting only a 2 from Harvin this week doesn't hurt so bad.

I've had the most points scored against me in the league, so far, but I'm still in the hunt for a playoff spot. Looking forward to Week 12 and a rematch with King Borla.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ralphie250

How do the playoffs work? I sucked so bad last year i missed em. And will proablly this year as well.

7. Borla

It depends on the league. But the way our league is set up, in Week 15 the first place team plays the fourth place team and the second place team plays the third place team. The winners of both of those match-ups play each other in Week 16 for the championship.

8. Borla

A mediocre week, I went 2-2. I'm irritated at myself because I could've won both match-ups I didn't, except I out analyzed myself into losses. And both were very close.

I won the TFP match-up again this week, 182-189. Brandon Marshall and the Bears' D were both outstanding, scoring 72 points between them. 8 of my 10 guys scored at least 14 points. I'm now 8-0-1 and in first place.

My league with buddies I won, 100-86. The Chargers D, a recent pick-up of mine for a spot start, had a great game with 2 defensive TDs. Everyone else was solid. I'm now 7-2 and still tied for first place.

In my other forum league I lost a squeeker, 85.78 - 86.20. At the last second I started Josh Freeman over Tony Romo because Freeman has been hot. Tony outscored him 20.84 - 18.08. I also started Alex Green (7.8) at RB/WR over Andre Roberts (8.6) and forgot to switch in the Denver D (14.0) over Miami (4.0), which was a complain brain fart. Any one of those going the other way would've given me the win. Instead I am 5-4 and fell from second place into a tie for third.

In my work league I lost another tight one, 106-107.5. My two mistakes were pulling Scott Chandler at TE and putting in Pettigrew (-4pts on that decision), and not pulling a Jim Irsay and starting Luck (35pts) over Manning (27pts). I'll forgive myself for that, it's hard to bench Peyton for anyone. That drops me to 5-4 and into 6th place (out of 16 teams).

So I dropped to 25-10-1 overall. It looks like I'm cruising to the playoffs in the top two leagues. I should be able to fight my way in in the third, but it's anybody's guess on the last one. Eight teams make it, but it's a really tough league.

9. ralphie250

I got beat by 100 points this week. Back to last place for me.:(

10. mb99usa

mb99usa Getting Tilted

I feel your pain. I can't buy a win this season. My team is always projected as 1 of the best and then my players fail to perform. I'm a bottom dweller too.

11. I'm really enjoying the recap feature that Yahoo posts every week. Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football -

A few years back, I was posting a weekly review of the leagues matches, mostly for laughs and trying to get a rise out of the other team managers.Don't have nearly the spare time or the sharp wit I once had, though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Borla

This was painful for me:

In spite of finishing with just the eighth-highest point total in the league this week, Victory (3-6, 760.86 points) found a way to slip by Borla's Noggin, 86.20 - 85.78. It was a rough outing for Borla's Noggin, who fell to 5-4 (932.60 points) while also ending up ninth in points. Calvin Johnson led Victory in scoring this week with 15.90 points.
    Victory Smooth Moves
    • Calvin Johnson scored 15.90 points, the seventh-highest WR score in the league this week.
    • With 14.80 points, Roddy White ranked eighth in the league in scoring among WRs this week.
    • Mike Williams scored 12.80 points and beat his scoring projection by 110.2%, which led the team.
    • Even with only 4 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, Victory was still able to win.
    • Victory got the win, overcoming both of their RBs underperforming versus their projections.
    Borla's Noggin Regret Tracker
    • Did not start Tony Romo, who led the matchup in scoring with 20.84 points.
    • Picked up the Denver Broncos Defense but left them on the bench, where they scored 14.00 points against a projected 8.68.
    • Brent Celek was last on the team in scoring with 2.70 points against a projected 5.50 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
    • With 6.60 points against a projected 9.76, Jamaal Charles did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
    • At the DEF position, Borla's Noggin got outscored by Victory 10.00 - 4.00.
    What If
    • If Victory played Borla's Noggin every week, they would be 3-6 this season.
    • Besides Borla's Noggin, Victory would have beaten only one other team this week.
    • If they played the same schedule as Borla's Noggin, Victory would be 0-8.
    • Victory would be 19-62 if they played every team every week.
    • Borla's Noggin would have lost to seven other teams besides Victory this week.
    • Victory would have lost to Borla's Noggin 90.48 - 81.38 had they played each other last week.
    • Borla's Noggin would be 3-5 if they played the same schedule as Victory.
    • Borla's Noggin would be 43-37-1 if they played every team every week.
    Game Notes
    • Even though Borla's Noggin lost, they had two players score higher than the leading scorer for Victory.
    • Borla's Noggin has lost four times and three of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
    • Victory scored 86.20 points against a projected 100.13 and underachieved for the sixth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row.
    • The margin of victory of 0.42 points was the smallest in the league this season.
    • Victory won by scoring 86.20 points, the lowest winning score in the league this season.
    • Despite being on the winning team, Jonathan Stewart scored 5.70 points against a projected 11.71 and has now underachieved in five straight games.
    • Victory won even though Borla's Noggin performed better against their scoring projection. Borla's Noggin scored 91.8% of their 93.40 projected points, while Victory recorded 86.1% of their 100.13-point projection.
    • Victory got smallest total score from their RB position of any team this week with 10.50 points.

13. ralphie250

I would hate to see my recaps

14. Some weeks be like that.

15. ralphie250

Seems like its every week for me. Lol:eek:

16. Borla

I think it's going to be another mediocre week in fantasy land for me. I'm cooling off at the wrong time of year! There's about an 80% chance I'll end up 2-2 this week. I'd say about an 18% chance I end up 1-3, and about a 2% chance I'll end up 3-1. I've already lost one match-up for sure. Ugh.

17. I've got an outside chance of losing in the tfp, but it's doubtful. Hear those footsteps, Borla?

I have already won in my other league, despite having 2 players in MNF and leaving almost 60 points on the bench. I should feel bad about crushing my son's team during his wedding weekend, but I don't :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. mb99usa

mb99usa Getting Tilted

I finally picked up my 3rd win of the season. It was about time I had some big name players come through for me.

19. Borla

You can come after me all you want grumpyolddude, at this point, it's not going to matter until the playoffs, as I've just clinched a birth in them. :p

As I guessed, it was a mediocre week overall.

I did win in the TFP league, though with one of my lower outputs of the year, 128-109. So I'm 9-0-1 and locked into the playoffs.
    I won in my work league, though we both had poor outputs, 77.5-77.2. I'm 6-4 and tied for 5th out of 16 teams.
    I lost in my other forum league, 113.3-129.4. My opponent has monster days out of Tony Gonzalez (27.2) and the Dallas D (25pts), solid days from several others, and I just couldn't keep up. Now I'm down to 5-5, tied for 4th place, and will have to fight to get into the playoffs.
    In my leauge with buddies I lost, 82.64-111.02. Now I'm 7-3 and in a 3-way tie for 1st place.

27-12-1 overall. Locked into one playoff spot. Tied for first in another league. In the mix for a playoff spot in the final two. The scary part of the last two mediocre weeks is that, in most of the match-ups (with the exception I broke down last week), I played very close to my max possible points. I need to figure out something better for the playoffs.

20. Borla

Another mediocre week last week.

I won in my work league, and am up to 3rd out of 16, so that's good.
    I won in my league with buddies, so I'm still tied for first.
    But Jetée finally knocked me off in the TFP league. Good job man. I'm also in a bit of trouble there with Gronk and Roethslisberger both out with injury. Playoffs could be rough for me.
    And I lost in my other forum league, so I'm down to 5-6. Might even miss the playoffs in this league. Ugh.