1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

2012 fantasy football

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Got mugged on both leagues. I even got thrashed by the only previously winless team in the one, though I still sit in the final playoff spot.
    Get another shot at Borla this week.

2. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

That is about where I am sitting. What a joke! Bastards with their bye's and injuries are killing me.

3. mb99usa

mb99usa Getting Tilted

My record so far is 4-7. I won the league I was in last year and usually finish in the top 4. This year has just been weird.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Same here bro. Came away with 500 bucks last year. Can't get nothing working right this year. Kinda like the Cowboys. Bastards :p

5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Likely looking at another 2-2 week.

Outside chance it'll even be my first 1-3 week. :mad:

6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

My team sucks:(

7. Borla

Yup, 2-2 this week. Won the TFP match-up. Won my match-up with buddies where I'm also in first. Lost my other two. Ugh, need to pick up the pace in those other two leagues to even get in the playoffs.

8. Thursday's results had me feeling good. Sunday was a total disaster. My playoff hopes are on life support. Wish Harvin and Amendola could get healthy.

9. Borla

Despite the fact that I've really been rolling so far this season (which means impeding doom for the playoffs, I'm sure), it all comes down to getting the breaks.

Look at this:

What If
    • If Borla's Noggin played Rabbit of Caerbannog every week, they would be 6-6 this season.
    • Borla's Noggin would be 5-5 if they played the same schedule as Rabbit of Caerbannog.
    • If they played the same schedule as Borla's Noggin, Rabbit of Caerbannog would be 6-4.
    Game Notes
    • All six of the losses for Rabbit of Caerbannog this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.

I've just happened to run into everyone on weeks that work well for me, and you've had the opposite happen. You've had over 250 more points scored against you than I have. That's almost not fair. :eek:

10. You are absolutely right, Borla (don't get a big head about it:D:cool:). While I've scored the 2nd (to you) most points in the league, I've had the most scored against by a wide margin. It is what it is, no sense whining. Crom don't care, anyhow. To hell with him.

My fate is in my own hands, still. If I can win 2 more, I'm in. Gladsome Noontide has to beat the top 2 and hope I lose at least 1. Highjinx has a mathematical chance, but needs both GN and I to both totally collapse.

In my ESPN league, I'm hanging on to the last playoff spot by my fingernails. My division leader is 9-2-1, I'm 8-4, and third place is 7-5. I face Mr. Third Place this week and the leader in week 14. They have both been outscoring me by a lot week after week. Wish me luck. (there's one team in another division with an outside shot, but needs everything to break perfectly)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Borla

I hope you win it all...........................in your ESPN league. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Borla

I see Yahoo updated the other day and said that I'm locked into the playoffs.

Does that mean I should rest my starters the rest of the way? :D

13. ralphie250

YES

14. L
    No, no, no.
    Too many playoff implications.

15. Borla

This week is going far better than the last few. Should go 4-0. Maybe 3-1 at worst, barring something crazy happening to Eli Manning or the Giant's D tomorrow night.

16. Every move I made this week seems to have backfired:(

17. Borla

Still working/hoping for a 4-0 week. Need a few things to go right tonight that should happen, we'll see.

League with buddies, I'm playing the second place team (I'm first). I'm up 88.08 - 64.70. He has Tynes (K) and the Giants D going tonight. The projection is for those two to score a total of 12 points tonight by our scoring system. So I should be ok there. Regardless, I am almost a statistical lock for the playoffs in this league, and could possibly be locked after this week even with a loss.

TFP League I am favored to win, but need 13 points out of Eli Manning. He's projected for 18. The Redskins are the next to worst pass defense in the league. The Redskins have the 7th best offense in the league. So in theory the Giants will have to throw the ball to score on them, and the defense should allow it. 13pts isn't too bad, aside from the 3 week slump before his bye week, he's gotten at least that every week this year.

My other forum league I am up 104.2 - 52.72. He has Garcon tonight, I have Cruz. This is a lock for me. Unfortunately, I'm on the bubble for the playoffs and it looks like the guys I would need to lose this week may not.

In my work league I won, 105.5 - 73. I'm locked into the playoffs.

18. ralphie250

Holy shit batman, i won. Im not in last place:D

19. You're welcome.

20. ralphie250