1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

2014 mlb thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

last night game kicked ass

2. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

That's what my BIL told me last night. From my perspective, it was a freakin disaster. There are guys in our bullpen (no names, Mr Rosenberg) who have no business being in a Major League roster.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

At some point we can no longer blame Drayton McClane for letting the Lastros organization turn to shit.

Some of the local sportscasters & writers, who are usually 'nice' to the Lastros to a fault, are getting frustrated by the silent bats and lack of depth. It sucks when the minor league players in your farm system show no signs of being ready for the majors. Losses by a young team that might improve are one thing, loses by a young team that is inept with no signs of improving are something else.

4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Reds beat the Pirates last night...w00t w00t!

And also, a very happy 100th birthday to Wrigley Field!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Whoever wrote this headline is clearly a Simpsons fan and I want to be best friends with them

[​IMG]

6. The first thing that came into my head when I saw that was a wildly inappropriate song that @ZombieSquirrel probably knows.

SATURDAY'S A RUGBY DAY.

7. ralphie250

HEY, WE BEAT THE REDS LASTNIGHT. @cinnamongirl

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

9. ralphie250

10. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I'm a bit late sharing this, but last weekend, Cincinnati did a whole Star Wars weekend for May the Fourth (be with you.) I wasn't there, unfortunately, but my dad AND my friend on the grounds crew snagged this awesome shirt for me:

[​IMG]

They also put together some awesome line-up videos...I think the second one is my favorite :)

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

In other Reds news, Aroldis Chapman is back! w00t!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ralphie250

were on the west coast next couple of games. i hate it cause the games dont come on til 10

13. redux

redux Very Tilted

First two teams to clinch - Nats and Os.

Hoping for that Balt/DC World Series!

My last World Series was game 4 of 1966 Orioles- Dodgers series. Os swept the Dodgers in four beating Koufax and Drysdale along the way. My dad, bro and I ran into the field after the game and I scooped up a handful of third base dirt where Brooks Robinson stood. Still have that dirt in a little jar on my bookshelves.

14. Chris Noyb

The above post begs for a joke about age and dirt. To show my age, I remember taking a tour of the not-yet-open Astrodome, 1664 IIRC.

15. The Astrodome is THAT old?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The regional Indians were big fans of the sport and built it. Wiring it for electricity was one of the biggest challenges.
    --- merged: Sep 25, 2014 7:54 AM ---
    I have been to this place, must have been in the early 90's

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014