1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

29 Day Fitness Challenge

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DamnitAll, Jan 16, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I know it sounds counterintuitive, but with time, the squats will be less painful on the knees. I have super creaky knees, signs of early arthritis, and tight iliotibial bands (yay foam roller), and squats make them SO much better.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

And today is in the bag.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Hit a slow period at work, so I busted out the squats and the pushups. w00t. Leg lifts will commence when I get home.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Got today's done as well. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Day 2 done after an acrobatics class :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Day 2 done! Added in 25 tricep dips for good measure!

• Like Like x 3
  7. CinnamonGirl

Day 2: check. Finished the leg lifts after an express sculpting session, at that.

This might not be related, but I did discover today that when my feet are about shoulder-width apart (maybe a little closer), when I bend to stretch, I can place my palms flat on the floor. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that before.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GeneticShift

For 2 days in? Nice work! :)

Side note, leg lifts are so much easier while I'm distracted watching Millionaire Matchmaker.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Day 2 out of the way...
    I decided to split the squats throughout the day in sets of 10, starting with 15
    (but its not my buns that feel tight, it's my thighs...my buns still feel their typical firm...but I got no one to "verify" this. ;) )

No issue on the push-ups...but when I laid down on the floor for the leg-lifts,
    half-way through, my oldest dog decided to play a practical joke on alpha dad...
    and drank a some water from her bowl...then came over to put a wet sloppy kiss me on the face while I was trying to focus *blah-blech* :confused:

hmm...I think I'm starting to see a trend here...

• Like Like x 3
  10. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Done. Rawr.

Side note re: the peanut gallery—I think my cat was confused by what the hell I was doing. He got rather talkative.

I think I might have to shut him out of the room next time, if I end up doing this again at home.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  11. GeneticShift

Side note...

holyshitmylegs

• Like Like x 2
  12. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CinnamonGirl

Right? One of my friends asked me if I wanted to go dancing this weekend, and I was like..."ummm...well, YES....but I don't know if I'll be able to WALK after that."

I'm not sure it's just from this challenge. I've also started running again (M,W,F), and doing the weight sculpting thing (T, Th, S.) So, probably a combination of all of those things.

14. GeneticShift

I walked upstairs to get something to drink.

NOPE THE BASEMENT IS MY NEW HOME.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Just wait till you have to pee.

16. CinnamonGirl

Ugh. I have never wished for handrails before now. On the other hand, I'm like, "yessssss. My quads are THERE!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeneticShift

You mean my oh so graceful hover and collapse? Yeah. It was fun.

• Like Like x 1
  18. omega

omega Very Tilted

Way back when I was a personal trainer my female clients would complain about this the first time I taught them to do lunges. Always gave me a chuckle.

19. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Apparently I'm in the minority here and don't really feel any extra sore from anything yet.. I'm sure I will when we hit >100 squats, but for now I feel normal. Maybe it's because my boyfriend and I do Tabata lunges and jump squats every week..

20. GeneticShift

Most likely. ;)