1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

29 Day Fitness Challenge

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DamnitAll, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Remember you don't have to do it all at once.

For example today, I did the hundred squats split throughout the day in 5 sets of 20.
    Just take your time, kick it out, bit by bit. Do 5, do 10, do 10...wait a couple of hours, do another...and so on...and otherwise.
    And BTW...at the beginning, for me, the squats really hit my quads...then a few days in...it relaxed and kicked in. Depends on how it hits you.
    Just do what you can, when you can...pace yourself.
    You've got a whole day. The key is to see if you can finish it for the whole day...hell, some of us do it late at night.

Speaking of which, I finished my Day 9, hours ago...just didn't write in until now...got family over.
    This is going to be a challenge to do while they are around for the weekend. (logistically, desire and self-consciously)
    But I'll do my damnedest.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

This. I started out doing sets of 5, breaking it up as needed. On day 9, I'm up to sets of 25. Take your time, listen to your body. You got this, man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I did day 9 last night but didn't post :) gonna try to get my sister to do today's workout with me!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

My right knee has "clicked" for the last few days now during squats. I've never had any serious knee issues, and it doesn't hurt. Hopefully it is just my knee whining at me for making it work extra. :p

5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Just make sure your knees aren't traveling beyond your toes. I'm sure you know this already, but it came up with the trainers the other night since other challenge participants had been complaining about some knee pain, and I figured I'd mention it just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Mine does that all the time. It's just a part of life.

7. Borla

I've been careful to keep my weight all the way back on my heels, which keeps my knee back. Plus, having size 13 feet, it isn't as hard to keep my knees behind my toes. :p

Except I decided around age 30-32 that I wasn't going to get any older, so that shouldn't count for me. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yeah, good luck with that. I apparently have the knees of a much older person. I think it's a combo of genetics plus ballet on bad floors plus sports. Yay.

9. rogue49

I don't know if you're doing this already @Borla, but I also extend my arms out fully in front of me to counter-balance my weight....I didn't do this at first, makes a difference.
    And my knees click a bit too...I just make sure I'm doing it slow and easy...seems to help and decrease any I may feel/hear.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Borla

I tried both ways. For me, having my arms out just a bit to my sides works best. My knee clicks either way. :p

Day Ten is done.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rogue49

10 fin :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

It may eventually go away. I find that the more my leg musculature develops the less prone I am to clicking. I've had a history of patellofemoral syndrome, which tends to keep at bay when my legs stay in good shape.

13. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Make sure you keep your hip abductors in good shape! Best way to prevent PFS. Also good arch support. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Day 10 done!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I managed to do all of Day 1 today.

I had to do it all at once tonight, for lack of privacy at other times of day.

The soreness in my quads is not as bad now.

My form is still pretty terrible, but it's improving. I've looked at YouTube videos of how to do these things properly.
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2014 3:54 AM ---
    I have had orthotics for many years.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  17. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Finished up Day 10 a few hours ago, just now getting around to posting. It's extremely satisfying, having two whole rows of check marks.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Borla

I have completely flat feet, so I have to make sure I have good support in my shoes.

Though most of these exercises I've been doing barefoot. Which is probably less than ideal. :eek:

19. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

On the contrary, not necessarily a bad thing. Might even be beneficial to you stability and working the muscles that stabilize and supplement your movements. I've been training in Vibram FiveFingers and minimalist running shoes for a few years now and much prefer doing any kind of lifting, boot camp and bodyweight exercises with them than I ever did with actual sneakers. Or running shoes. Or tennis shoes. Or whatever you prefer to call them. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I always do resistance training barefoot. One of the big perks of doing it at home is I can get away with that.